Transfers

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Both Bollan and Aitken linked with the Sons job. Not entirely sure Aitken would leave for another part time outfit but would be happy with either of those two.

Personally I can't see Bollan being interested in that job. They may be a league above Airdrie but it's not a bigger job and it's one where he's not going to do any better than Murray, and thereby probably not going to enhance his reputation any. And it's all about building the reputation to get a bigger job, his next one is going to be another stepping stone and that's not it.

Cue my being proved totally wrong.

Both Bollan and Aitken linked with the Sons job. Not entirely sure Aitken would leave for another part time outfit but would be happy with either of those two.

Aitken lives 10/15 mins from Dumbarton (as opposed to the trek to Stranraer) The Championship will be a very tough league to survive in this year but I'd be surprised if he wasn't lured by the challenge of progressing to a higher level.

Personally I can't see Bollan being interested in that job. They may be a league above Airdrie but it's not a bigger job and it's one where he's not going to do any better than Murray, and thereby probably not going to enhance his reputation any. And it's all about building the reputation to get a bigger job, his next one is going to be another stepping stone and that's not it.

A lot of the chat amongst the Sons fans is that Bollan works on a small budget at Airdrie which could lead to him being interested. Not even sure if that's true tbh.

I think Dumbarton could be a great club for Aitken just now. A step up from Stranraer at the moment, a bit of a bigger budget, but not to the extent where he would maybe be out of his depth. A good solid few years at Dumbarton in the Championship would give him a better platform for a Premiership job, or somewhere down in England.

ok m8

Peterhead have signed Nathan Blockley. Thoughts from Airdrieonians fans?

I think Nathan will be a good signing for Peterhead. He's excellent at winning the ball and putting in hard tackles and I think he will suit your style of play well. Will chip in with the odd goal too. His passing is awful though and his positional sense leaves a lot to be desired. I think a move was probably needed as he was one of the few players who hasn't developed under Bollan.

Archived