Moving to a new city alone

Leeds, Aberdeen and Dundee. I knew a couple of people in Aberdeen. It's a lot easier than you'd imagine, helps if you drink!

Well yeah I'd basically be looking for folk to go on the piss with at weekends etc. The good news is it will probably be late summer 2016, surely a load of graduates will be moving to London at the same time so it can't be too hard to form a kind of social group.

Anyone ever done this? :huh:

Nope, noone has ever done such an outrageous thing.

:P

Yes - new cities, new countries. Puts hairs on your chest.

Get stuck in and you'll be fine.

Edited by banana

"Of course London's a big place...it's a very big place Mr Bairn...a man can lose himself in London...lose himself...lose himself...LOSE HIMSELF IN LONDON!!"

Edited by SlipperyP

The thing about London is, everyone will look down on you because you are Scottish. They won't understand your accent. The tube is dead complicated and you'll never work out how to use it. If you can find a pub it's £20.00 a pint.

If you do decide to go, avoid Chelsea supporters and pearly kings, if you can.

I also moved down to England when I was 16 to work in my aunties hotel labouring. Although I obviously knew my auntie I didn't know a sole.

Went to the pubs on my first Saturday there and got punched twice just for being Scottish but got a ride of a lassie who turned out to be the village bike!

I also moved down to England when I was 16 to work in my aunties hotel labouring. Although I obviously knew my auntie I didn't know a sole.

Went to the pubs on my first Saturday there and got punched twice just for being Scottish but got a ride of a lassie who turned out to be the village bike!

Eta - it was Alston I moved too. Well it was a hotel called nenthead lodge next to alston

No, pay for everything with Scottish bank notes. They love the Scots there that's why they named the police place Scotland Yard.

You're also expected to haggle when you buy a pint, part of the Cockerney culture.

Edited by Bully Wee Villa

I might be moving to London, and I'm fucking shitting myself.

London's just a series of connected villages. The quaint locals tend to stick to themselves leaving the decent pubs full of normal folk from the civilised world outside the M25. You'll have a ball.

Should have visited a fishmongers.