Brechin City 2015/16 Season

Still only statements & insults with no suggestions. So what is your suggestions to improve things and raise funds for the club once you have convinced the committee to sack Darren Dods and who should they bring in to replace him.

Its not me that needs to make suggstions /ideas that is what the board/committee is for.They have been very quiet about the dire situation we are in,time for them to make a statement to see where we stand.

• Replies 785
  • Created
  • Last Reply

350 miles travelled in the last four days to watch two abject performances. I've been very patient with Dods given that we was dealt a bad hand when he was first appointed but we are making absolutely no progress and getting worse by the week - this is without doubt the worst side I've seen in my time of watching Brechin over the last 16/17 years.

The blame doesn't lie solely with Dods though, as much as its his job to coach and motivate the players, too many have them just haven't performed and need to have a long hard look at themselves. A lot of the guys Dods has brought in simply aren't good enough but even the experienced 'proven' players at this level are underperforming - they know who they are.

Don't know what the situation is with Dods contract and possible compensation but he's not the man to take us forward in league 2 next season.

350 miles travelled in the last four days to watch two abject performances. I've been very patient with Dods given that we was dealt a bad hand when he was first appointed but we are making absolutely no progress and getting worse by the week - this is without doubt the worst side I've seen in my time of watching Brechin over the last 16/17 years.

The blame doesn't lie solely with Dods though, as much as its his job to coach and motivate the players, too many have them just haven't performed and need to have a long hard look at themselves. A lot of the guys Dods has brought in simply aren't good enough but even the experienced 'proven' players at this level are underperforming - they know who they are.

Don't know what the situation is with Dods contract and possible compensation but he's not the man to take us forward in league 2 next season.

Agree with this. I also feel for our Renfrew based fans. 480 mile round trip yesterday to watch that garbage.

What surprised me most was seeing Dods doing a warm down on the park just 10 mins after the final whistle. After a performance like that from the team for the second game on the trot, I would have expected them to have been " told where they went wrong " for at least half an hour after the match. .........Mind you with his lack of motivation throughout the 90 minutes maybe it is no surprise after all .

Dick in to steady the ship for our return to League 2 with Petrie assisting , then when the time is good Petrie to get top job. Failing that Danny Lennon. Just my opinion.....

Nah. Danny Lennon would be like Duffy . Not at all interested in the part time administration etc now he has sampled the big time. ....plus it's too far from Glasgow.

Dick would take over again and force a rethink of our overdraft, that's the last thing that Ken wants.

I hope the Committee and management were looking over the pitch at Peterhead. City brought a good support getting right behind the team from the start. It was the one of the few times this season we heard singing to support the guys. They must have compared that to the support in the last 15 minutes - there were barely a dozen of us left ( I only stayed since I'd travelled so far for the game and couldn't drink!). It wasn't just the guys out for a piss-up day who went to the bar, but fans who follow the team all over the country. Those in charge of the club must take notice of this or we'll be playing in an empty ground before long. How much lower can we sink before action is taken? I really do feel sorry for Darren Dods. As a first time manager, he was given a huge task to build a team, however, it's time to admit that he's not up to the job.

Before "citytillidie" jumps in, I've always held out hope for our club. He's just a negative waste of space who has been on the club's back since the start of the season. Not a "supporter" at all!

I hope the Committee and management were looking over the pitch at Peterhead. City brought a good support getting right behind the team from the start. It was the one of the few times this season we heard singing to support the guys. They must have compared that to the support in the last 15 minutes - there were barely a dozen of us left ( I only stayed since I'd travelled so far for the game and couldn't drink!). It wasn't just the guys out for a piss-up day who went to the bar, but fans who follow the team all over the country. Those in charge of the club must take notice of this or we'll be playing in an empty ground before long. How much lower can we sink before action is taken? I really do feel sorry for Darren Dods. As a first time manager, he was given a huge task to build a team, however, it's time to admit that he's not up to the job.

Before "citytillidie" jumps in, I've always held out hope for our club. He's just a negative waste of space who has been on the club's back since the start of the season. Not a "supporter" at all!

Agree with you about Dods. It was a nightmare job he had in front of him. An experienced man would have had his work cut out to rebuild when you consider some of the players we lost . Fair play to you for travelling all that distance and sticking with it till the end.

Saturday will be the real test . As good as we were , Farfar were shite . The pleasing aspect though is the return of our midfield threat through Liam Watt. He seems to have inspired the likes of Dale to shoot on sight as well as having a go himself. Also great to see Tiger back. He strolled it last night .

Please no return to the awful stuff of the previous 2 games though. Consistency is the key from now on.

• 3 weeks later...

Well there is chink of light at the end of the tunnel hopefully we can pull off the miracle. I have to say the improvement in the team week on week recently has been there for all to see, I think what Darren Dods inherited was a poison chalice but slowly he has built a team that works very very hard and are getting the rewards for this and based on this what ever happens I think he deserves a chance next year to build his own team then he can be judged properly on his abilities as a coach & manager. I say this as someone who has had doubts but I am prepared to give him the benefit of doubt. Come on the City we can stay up perhaps a lot of the missing fans can return before the end of the season to try and help us stay up. Stop all the bitching and insults about the manager and certain players  get behind the team and help complete a miracle  :)  :thumsup2

Archived