Brechin City 2015/16 Season

Surely enough is enough...we are certs for relegation . I dont think having Dods at the helm in next years League 2 is a good idea. This appointment although bold at the time simply hasn't worked. Cant afford to make the same mistakes next season or the Highland League will beckon . My shout would be bring back Dick Campbell with Stewart Petrie assisting him . Old head and young coach...Leave Pink out of the picture to insure no hassles. Bring them in NOW and give us fans a bit of hope for next season.

• Replies 785
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dods to go now and get Dick in to see us till end of season and prepare us for 3rd division football ! Then if he does well offer him job ! He s not everyone s cup of tea but when working for City he nvr let us down ! It d maybe give club a wee lift and stop the rot

You clearly know nothing about Dick Campbell he will go no where unless there is plenty money to spend and his twat of a brother has to come with him. Brechin have no money and the twat will never be allowed back so thats not going to happen

So your suggestion would be?

Good question my heart says get rid of Dods now but not sure if they can afford to ?? and who could we get in thats available & could improve things, really not sure what the answer to that is, maybe someone like Stewart Petrie who was very highly thought of at Station Park and was many people's choice for the job at Station Park , But Dick Campbell is a non starter

Good question my heart says get rid of Dods now but not sure if they can afford to ?? and who could we get in thats available & could improve things, really not sure what the answer to that is, maybe someone like Stewart Petrie who was very highly thought of at Station Park and was many people's choice for the job at Station Park , But Dick Campbell is a non starter

How long a contract is Dods on ? Stewart Petrie hasn't managed on his own right i think ? apart from a game as caretaker as Forfar boss after Dicks departure. When Petries name was mentioned for the City job in the summer ( albeit on here ) the Forfar fans were "hands off " so he must have something about him. He has been a number 2 in the past so maybe time for a step up ? Might be a shout ? Whats Danny Lennon doing ? Is he in a job just now ? Apart from that feck knows ....lot of questions here....

I know Dick fine as a manager ,coach and person I ve helped in teams he's worked with in the past ! I ve seen both sides too him ! I ve seem him build a Brechin team in mid 90 s into a team that won consecutive promotion s ! I ve seen him take us to a national final ! I know he's no Fergie or Pep G. but he's got enough savvy to sort us out for next season in the 3 rd . He can motivate players ! In his time at BRECHIN his teams were nvr defeated even 2 down in games they played and often got last min goals due to nvr give up!

He s worked with committee before and vice versa ! I m not sayin he's long term solution but as good a stop gap as you ll get , Better gettin someone we can trust other than another relatively unknown lad........

Anyway Darren's still manager so we re all jumping gun just now ha ha ! Best supporting team and him just now. , although I think as longs he's manager we ll continue to lose support and belief ! Sunday sermon over !!!!! Amen

I too KNOW what he did for the club and KNOW what he is about, but if you know so much about him and worked with him you will know he was manager from 2000 - 2005 not in the nineties & the Challenge Cup final was season 2002 -2003!! then in 2005 his twin took over and ruined all his good work. At the times you speak of money was available for him to spend and buy / pay quality / aging players for this level of football.I have no doubt he could maybe help us short term but in my opinion better to take a step back and re group, but if that arse of a brother of his was ever again to be part of a Brechin City setup I would never step into Glebe Park again

You are the man for the one liners with no answers or suggestions just questions & statements. Here's your chance to put forward your clear and coherent plan for the future of Brechin City

It doesn't matter what the fans think,the board will decide who and when will be manager of Brechin,this saying put your views across is just a joke as the board just laugh it off.At the moment I'm clearly disappointed with the board as it looks like they have accepted relegation and are sticking with Dodds.Just shows their lack of ambition.This saying its all down to money is bullshit if they wanted rid of Dodds they would've done it by now.Maybe they want to stick with Dodds and have a few years in bottom division and hope he becomes a good manager but is that what the fans want.

At no point did I mention his brother whom I totally agree about ! I WORKED with Dick in the 90 s and ye your right it was 2000 s I must apologise ! I don t believe he d ve had money to play with to start with would he ? That was after Youngies term and crowds were woeful ! I think he took a few gambles that paid off for the better ! I know he's not long term answer but short term he d slow the momentous fall we re on ! Perhaps help off field as well ! Let's be honest who else is there ?? Either that or we stick with what we ve got and end up with a hundred home fans and what ever travelling support comes ! We ve all got our own opinions about what's best but at end of day it's up to the committee who earn the right to hire n fire by the work they put in ! No doubt they ll be catching it in the neck just now but that comes s with terrority !

I think (know) he did get money via the club from a couple of sources to get players in one for example would be Roddy Grant but these days are gone now as is the person who made this possible and big efforts should be made to get him involved again. In my opinion the way forward is to get very close links with someone like Aberdeen , Dundee or Dundee Utd to get their youngsters / players coming back from injury in during the season to supplement the squad but to do that we need a much better coaching / manger setup which again could maybe partly come from one of these clubs. Maybe all a bit radical & not possible but the way finances are going Brechin will not be around in a few years unless Jimmy Mann wins the lottery. As for the committee they have a thankless task and do try very hard for no financial reward to improve Brechin City. The fans need to return to Glebe park and help boost the income I know its not great at the moment but now is when the clubs needs the fans backing.

It doesn't matter what the fans think,the board will decide who and when will be manager of Brechin,this saying put your views across is just a joke as the board just laugh it off.At the moment I'm clearly disappointed with the board as it looks like they have accepted relegation and are sticking with Dodds.Just shows their lack of ambition.This saying its all down to money is bullshit if they wanted rid of Dodds they would've done it by now.Maybe they want to stick with Dodds and have a few years in bottom division and hope he becomes a good manager but is that what the fans want.

Its not a BOARD its a committee (big difference that you clearly do not grasp) made up of fans who feel the same disappointment / pain as you about Brechin's results and they give their time free. its easy to post throw away comments like yours but with no sensible suggestions of how to improve things. Simple fact is to get in a good established manger comes at a cost both in wages for them and their entourage then money to sign /pay for better players, where do you think they can get this money ?

Its not a BOARD its a committee (big difference that you clearly do not grasp) made up of fans who feel the same disappointment / pain as you about Brechin's results and they give their time free. its easy to post throw away comments like yours but with no sensible suggestions of how to improve things. Simple fact is to get in a good established manger comes at a cost both in wages for them and their entourage then money to sign /pay for better players, where do you think they can get this money ?

Board/committee they are the same,they do what they want and yes they might listen to the ordinary fan but will do what they want not the fans.If they were fans like us they would mingle with the crowd like a certain person used to do and not sit in the stupid box in the old stand.AS I have said before they might listen to suggestions but take action they will not.

Board/committee they are the same,they do what they want and yes they might listen to the ordinary fan but will do what they want not the fans.If they were fans like us they would mingle with the crowd like a certain person used to do and not sit in the stupid box in the old stand.AS I have said before they might listen to suggestions but take action they will not.

Still only statements & insults with no suggestions. So what is your suggestions to improve things and raise funds for the club once you have convinced the committee to sack Darren Dods and who should they bring in to replace him.

Archived