Brechin City 2015/16 Season

• Replies 785
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Well so much for fuckin international breaks ! Just when there was a wee flicker of momentum too !!!

Why did we not play last Saturday ? I am sure the families of both Brechin and Ayr players and management would have been delighted to have brought the boxing day match forward..........Or even the Stranraer match ? Travelling that distance at that time of year is a bit of a joke for anyone .

• 1 month later...
Well at least we will be visiting some different places next season.

Annan's social club is braw. Looking forward to that .

Edit ... Trying to look on the positive side ! 8)

Not seen any positives for a while now,plus side will see a few new grounds next season.

What's everyone thinking about our season ? I were nt expecting much yesterday with injuries n suspensions but it's another defeat ! Do we just roll over and accept relegation s coming and put up with dire performances or will club try n strengthen in Jan ?? We ve been knocked outta every cup 1st time of asking !! I m first to admit we ve done really well over last 15 yrs or so ! So gotta take our share o bad times !

If we accept dire performances crowds will become ludicrous making next season harder ?

What's everyone thinking about our season ? I were nt expecting much yesterday with injuries n suspensions but it's another defeat ! Do we just roll over and accept relegation s coming and put up with dire performances or will club try n strengthen in Jan ?? We ve been knocked outta every cup 1st time of asking !! I m first to admit we ve done really well over last 15 yrs or so ! So gotta take our share o bad times !

If we accept dire performances crowds will become ludicrous making next season harder ?

I think everyone has accepted relegation. Anthing else will be a pleasant bonus.

Our general performance yesterday was a lot better than recent weeks although we are still shipping very soft goals.

It would be the logical answer to try and strengthen the team but money is the problem so can't see that being an option. . Hopefully when everyone is back to fitness and free of suspension we can get a wee consistent run going . Losing to the likes of Dunfermline is not the problem. We have to start beating the likes of Stranraer , Stenny , Cowden and Farfar on a regular basis as basically they aren't any better than us .

Confidence is the key and it will just take a couple of good results to get going again. One huge negative will be losing Isaac Layne in the new year. He has been the stand out player when all around him is falling to bits. It will be very difficult to replace him.

This season has been a disaster, we went down the road of employing an inexperienced manager and it has shown in the performances and results.When we get relegated I fear a lot of players leaving so next season will be a struggle as well.Crowds are dwindling and will only get worse so looks like the club will be in the doldrums for the next couple of seasons.

I think everyone has accepted relegation. Anthing else will be a pleasant bonus.

Our general performance yesterday was a lot better than recent weeks although we are still shipping very soft goals.

It would be the logical answer to try and strengthen the team but money is the problem so can't see that being an option. . Hopefully when everyone is back to fitness and free of suspension we can get a wee consistent run going . Losing to the likes of Dunfermline is not the problem. We have to start beating the likes of Stranraer , Stenny , Cowden and Farfar on a regular basis as basically they aren't any better than us .

Confidence is the key and it will just take a couple of good results to get going again. One huge negative will be losing Isaac Layne in the new year. He has been the stand out player when all around him is falling to bits. It will be very difficult to replace him.

Can't believe everyone has accepted relegation. When Jim Weir was having a nightmare fans were shouting for him to be sacked,putting pressure on the board etc,why has this not been done to Mr Dodds.

This season has been a disaster, we went down the road of employing an inexperienced manager and it has shown in the performances and results.When we get relegated I fear a lot of players leaving so next season will be a struggle as well.Crowds are dwindling and will only get worse so looks like the club will be in the doldrums for the next couple of seasons.

This has been the City policy since the days of Ian Stewart and Iain Fleming !!! Our luck had to run out sometime.

Can't believe everyone has accepted relegation. When Jim Weir was having a nightmare fans were shouting for him to be sacked,putting pressure on the board etc,why has this not been done to Mr Dodds.

The situation with Mr Weir was slightly different as we all know and is best forgotten.

If you want to take up the mantle this time round you are perfectly welcome. ;)

This has been the City policy since the days of Ian Stewart and Iain Fleming !!! Our luck had to run out sometime.

The situation with Mr Weir was slightly different as we all know and is best forgotten.

If you want to take up the mantle this time round you are perfectly welcome. ;)

Or Darren may realise it's not for him just yet and walk ! Which none of us want to see happen as he s trying his best , Maybe signing a couple of journeymen in the Jan windy ll Buck up some of the non performers

Or Darren may realise it's not for him just yet and walk ! Which none of us want to see happen as he s trying his best , Maybe signing a couple of journeymen in the Jan windy ll Buck up some of the non performers

Im not sitting on the fence Dodds has to go .New manager in asap so he can build his own team/style for next season.

Strange post that last one !

Given what I saw yesterday against my team Dunfermline, you were well organised and had you managed to hold on to 2-1 for 10-15 mins it would have been nervy last 10 mins for us. If you can take advantage of the next 2 home games(Peterhead, Stranraer) then season could really turn around

I'm certainly not accepting relegation. Granted, we are in trouble but we are only a win away from 9th and we are not even half way through the season. We need to recruit well in January and this means getting a couple of attacking midfielders, whether it be wingers or central. We have struggled greatly in midfield this season and it almost feels like there is nothing between defence and attack. We have good attacking players in Jackson, Thomson, Layne and Shields (when fit), we just need someone to provide the ammunition - guys like Molloy, Fusco, Tiffoney, Smith and to a lesser extent Dale are not renowned for their qualities going forward.

I didn't expect us to get anything from Dunfermline on Saturday, as long as we showed a bit of fight and kept the score respectable which we did. Now we face two massive games at the Glebe in the next fortnight and quite frankly we need to be winning both with 4 points being an absolute minimum.

Should Dods go? He came in at a dreadful time and I don't think he's been given near the same budget as last season. If he has got the same budget then he is using it poorly. That said, I don't think results have been good enough regardless. This side is a shadow of last seasons but I don't think we should be sitting rock bottom.

Archived