Brechin City 2015/16 Season

• Replies 785
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lost 3-2 to Spartans tonight after being 2 up at half time. According to their Twitter only 6 of the 18 man squad were actually signed players so we must have been missing 2 or 3 again?!

According to our Edinburgh and Glasgow based hedgehunters, the team played well in the 1st half and should have been more than 2 up. In the second half , at one point , there were only 2 regulars in the 11 on the pitch. Hardly time for panic yet.

Last night we started with;

O'Neill, Tiffoney, Dods, Buchan, McLean, Dale, Fusco, Shiels, Jackson, Johnston, Thomson.

As mentioned we did well in the first half and should really have been more than two ahead at half time. The two goals were well finished, particularly the second from Johnston who beat a couple of men before scoring into the bottom corner from 20 yards.

Second half was a different story after all the changes, we never seemed to get going. No idea who any of the trialists were, we tried asking Buzz but we would have been as well asking my cat. All I could figure out was there was a tall, fair haired guy playing in midfield who was called Euan. There was also a black guy called Ortega, who was an attacking midfielder.

No sign of Craig Molloy, while Darren McCormack was there but not stripped to play.

We got a sneak preview of the new away shirt last night, but were not allowed to take photos. Maybe I shouldn't talk about it, but I'll just mention the word "beige"!!! (Although I believe it's officially "gold".)

We've signed Kevin Buchan (ex Dundee, Peterhead, Arbroath), Jamie Montgomery (ex Dundee Utd) and also confirmed the signing of James Dale. Good to have a few more players signed up eventually.

We've signed Kevin Buchan (ex Dundee, Peterhead, Arbroath), Jamie Montgomery (ex Dundee Utd) and also confirmed the signing of James Dale. Good to have a few more players signed up eventually.

Kevin Buchan hahahahahahahahahahahahhaahahhaha

Last night we started with;

O'Neill, Tiffoney, Dods, Buchan, McLean, Dale, Fusco, Shiels, Jackson, Johnston, Thomson.

As mentioned we did well in the first half and should really have been more than two ahead at half time. The two goals were well finished, particularly the second from Johnston who beat a couple of men before scoring into the bottom corner from 20 yards.

Second half was a different story after all the changes, we never seemed to get going. No idea who any of the trialists were, we tried asking Buzz but we would have been as well asking my cat. All I could figure out was there was a tall, fair haired guy playing in midfield who was called Euan. There was also a black guy called Ortega, who was an attacking midfielder.

No sign of Craig Molloy, while Darren McCormack was there but not stripped to play.

ortega derinan?

ortega derinan?

That looks like him.

Buchan I thought didn't look too bad with Dods beside him in the first half, seemed very out of sorts in the second half next to Chico. He also didn't have Fusco infront of him second half either so he was a bit more exposed.

That looks like him.

Buchan I thought didn't look too bad with Dods beside him in the first half, seemed very out of sorts in the second half next to Chico. He also didn't have Fusco infront of him second half either so he was a bit more exposed.

Wait. Buchan was playing centre half?

I must say I was a bit confused when Arbroath fans said he was a striker as I would say we are already sorted in that position with Jackson, Thomson and Shields.

Aye, he was playing at centre half. When I found out his name I did a google search and did think he had a good goal return defender, especially as most of his appearances were as a sub.

Kevin Buchan hahahahahahahahahahahahhaahahhaha

seriously though, I've no idea how he's managed to stay senior let alone move up a league. Quite tall, but pretty useless in the air. Slow. Lazy. He must have some agent

Absolutely useless for us but centre half was something we never tried. Be interesting to see if it works.

We got a sneak preview of the new away shirt last night, but were not allowed to take photos. Maybe I shouldn't talk about it, but I'll just mention the word "beige"!!! (Although I believe it's officially "gold".)

Is the new away shirt the one on the City website under Delson renew sponsorship?

beat Deveronvale 4-1 yesterday - Jackson hat trick and a random.

If Buchan was the right back then not up to much, the guy who replaced him on the hour was much better. Also had a wee guy on right (ziggy I think they called him) mid who can do a lot with the ball at his feet but was not keen to pass it and often then lost it.

No8 in midfield was ok as was the other unknown midfielder who came on. Not really bothered with any of the other unknowns, including the wee guy up front from Dundee - not there yet..

Thomson, Shields (don't carry on with the diving stuff) and Jackson (good to see him back doing what he does best - scoring) worked well.

Less trialists now and more signed players as the weeks pass by - Dyer would be a good left back for us and allow McLean to move onto the other side. But who knows.

Archived