Brechin City 2015/16 Season

Good on Dods for identifying the problem area fairly quickly. A lesser man might have continued to struggle on with Buchan to prove that he was right to sign him in the first place. Buchan was given more than a chance to prove himself . ............

............ and it wasn't just another panic move. Darren obviously had the patience to wait for the right man. Dyer will be a sound investment at this level.

Says a lot for club if Dyers prepared to join us despite our woeful start ! (Mind you prob knows he ll be guaranteed a game ha ha )

• Replies 785
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A worrying comment from some of the guys at the game yesterday was that there seemed to be no Brechin coaching staff on the sidelines !!! Can anyone give us the reasons why ?

I asked a question at the AGM about any more backroom staff coming in and was told that they would manage with just the 2 of them.

It seems that might need to be addressed . :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...

David Bates has signed for Brechin from Rovers, on loan. Not sure on length.

18 year old centre half, good prospect. Was on loan at East Stirling last season and has played a few first team games for us this season, including at Easter Road, without looking out of place.

Hopefully he progresses well.

David Bates has signed for Brechin from Rovers, on loan. Not sure on length.

18 year old centre half, good prospect. Was on loan at East Stirling last season and has played a few first team games for us this season, including at Easter Road, without looking out of place.

Hopefully he progresses well.

Thankfully someone is concerned about our fortunes. Cheers Ray !! :thumsup2

I think it's too early to sack manager as guy needs a fair crack and 6 league games ain t that! If things don t improve in next 9 or 10 games then I d be asking questions ? What's more concerning too me is the amount of fans we re losing !! I personally think club should be looking to ways of addressing this ! We can blame weather for yesterday's poor turnout ! But even last season when we were goin well our attendances dipped ! This ain't me having a go at committee just think it should be looked into before it gets desperate ! A bad year on n off park this season could have disasterious consequences for next ! Anyone agree or disagree ?? Or anyone care ? Ha ha

Generally the natives are either unhappy with how it is all going or moving towards unhappy.

Think Dods prospects are not good - I would like to be proved wrong.

Attendances have been falling but they appear to be doing that with most P/T clubs. How any manage to keep going is a miracle and with 4 or 5 clubs in the highlands with big investors the future balance of power will change.

How long do we give Dodds though,if we give him another 9-10 games and we don't improve then I think it will be too late

To stay in this division.Relegation here we come.As for attendances they have generally been poor for years.

I d say last year or two defo dropped and now it's even more noticeable ! I just think he deserves more than 6 league games. At least if we gay down we ll play our Old pals Montrose (mind o them ? )

Generally the natives are either unhappy with how it is all going or moving towards unhappy.

Think Dods prospects are not good - I would like to be proved wrong.

Attendances have been falling but they appear to be doing that with most P/T clubs. How any manage to keep going is a miracle and with 4 or 5 clubs in the highlands with big investors the future balance of power will change.

Well our attendances have slowly been getting better . We have had at least 600 for most home games this season and last. Compared with what we used to get a few seasons ago (300-400) . I think a lot of that has to do with the cheaper kids season tickets and having a good side on the park .

Howdy folks - our recent travails with Dougie Hill reminded me of our favourite wee sex offender - how's Tiffers been getting on with you guys? He probably didn't get a fair crack of the whip last season due to Daryll Meggatt running rampant down our left side, but I'd understood that he only left us to go down south for work/education purposes. Certainly looked promising whenever I saw him in the side.

Sorry to see you've had such a poor start to the season, as Brechin were one of the most attractive passing sides to play at the Recs last year.

One embarrassing moment if you watch our highlights v Alb Rvs you lol see him feign a face injury ha ha, but he's settled in and hopefully do fine once team finds a bit of confidence and a few decent performances! How's Hammy goin he was a player I liked a lot

Bit of a shaky start, but he'll get there. Anyone will have trouble when they suddenly find themselves playing a (decent) Rangers side. And apparently Hibernian aren't entirely pish.

He got pelters from a few Rangers fans after he was (almost) skinned by a bit of Oduwa fancy-dan play and was doorstepped when coming off the pitch. Hardly surprising he'd be a bit ruffled just minutes afterwards; he probably handled it better than most folk would TBH.

Tiff does a good job of cutting inside and making full-backs look flatfooted, so hopefully you'll get to see some of that this season.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived