Brechin City 2015/16 Season

Well this is why I ask.

Perry is rated as high as he is because he went from Rangers - where he played a not insignificant amount of games - to Raith last season where he again played a good few games, and now he's at Brechin.

Without seeing him play, I couldn't tell you if he was good or crap, so that's why it's good to get the info.

Not sure if this is the best place to discuss it but my FM 2015 game was weird to the point it put me off playing it. I was Albion Rovers - granted, not the most glamorous of clubs - but contract offers of around £300 per week were being rejected and the players were joining Queen's Park as amateurs instead. At one point - 2018, I think - QP had assembled a squad that would quite comfortable finish in mid-table in the Premiership. Guys like Gordon Greer, Liam Craig, Paul McMullan all joining them for nothing.

I know their training facilities will be a major draw but surely not to that extent. That level of nonsense sucked me right out of it. I wonder if anyone's had similar problems.

• Replies 785
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not sure if this is the best place to discuss it but my FM 2015 game was weird to the point it put me off playing it. I was Albion Rovers - granted, not the most glamorous of clubs - but contract offers of around £300 per week were being rejected and the players were joining Queen's Park as amateurs instead. At one point - 2018, I think - QP had assembled a squad that would quite comfortable finish in mid-table in the Premiership. Guys like Gordon Greer, Liam Craig, Paul McMullan all joining them for nothing.

I know their training facilities will be a major draw but surely not to that extent. That level of nonsense sucked me right out of it. I wonder if anyone's had similar problems.

The newer games left me feeling cold. If I ever get the FM buzz then i just stick on my old FM08 disc and look for an update online.

Thinking Ross Perry could be anyone's best defender though...

As mentioned by almost every City fan in the ground !!!! :rolleyes:

fusco was talking to us when he was warming up during the game he pulled a hamstring and hadn't trained all week that's why he was left out. But agreed buchan needs to be dropped

I was saying to a few guys on Saturday that I hoped Darren would be strengthening the squad with a couple of loan signings.

Today we hear that Arbroath have snapped up 2 decent young guys........One of which is Andy Ryan. A bit gutting that we have missed out on the chance to have him back.

Just hope Darren has his eyes pealed for any other loanees on offer.

I was saying to a few guys on Saturday that I hoped Darren would be strengthening the squad with a couple of loan signings.

Today we hear that Arbroath have snapped up 2 decent young guys........One of which is Andy Ryan. A bit gutting that we have missed out on the chance to have him back.

Just hope Darren has his eyes pealed for any other loanees on offer.

You've got to take into account that Andy Ryan has been out injured for a year. Not what we need right now.

I think what we need just now is for big Jon to call in a favour from above !!! 8)

At least we all have a sense of humour about our impending doom (just now wait till mid Nov when we re still mince we ll be growling ha ha) ... I m sure we lol turn corner soon but we are needing a couple loanee s or even a mid 30 s old head to bring a bit o calm to proceedings like we had with Barry Smith a few seasons back!

Well we are due a shite season - Ray had one when we just stayed up but the weather played a huge part in that.

We generally have a rough time every ten years or so due to squad, manager change etc. Despite how we did not like Weir or Duffy they did not get us relegated. It has been over ten years since we were in the bottom league, hell we even had a season in the old first.

Think in over thirty years of going to the Glebe the worst as been 7th in the bottom league.- promotion, relegation, good and bad times are all pat of the game - you just suck it up and get on with it.

As long as we have a team to support we just get on with it. Dods has a big challenge and steep learning to be had - sure there may come a time when stop laughing and start growling but remember as a supporter you survive the bad times and glorify the good.

Lets see where this seasons changes take us.

Well we are due a shite season - Ray had one when we just stayed up but the weather played a huge part in that.

We generally have a rough time every ten years or so due to squad, manager change etc. Despite how we did not like Weir or Duffy they did not get us relegated. It has been over ten years since we were in the bottom league, hell we even had a season in the old first.

Think in over thirty years of going to the Glebe the worst as been 7th in the bottom league.- promotion, relegation, good and bad times are all pat of the game - you just suck it up and get on with it.

As long as we have a team to support we just get on with it. Dods has a big challenge and steep learning to be had - sure there may come a time when stop laughing and start growling but remember as a supporter you survive the bad times and glorify the good.

Lets see where this seasons changes take us.

Looking back Duffy brought in a really good player. For each position and built his team around them ! Your right my first season was around 82 and I ve had more good than bad! Seen some damn good players and some mince ! I d say Pinky Campbell was worst manager in those years but that's just my opinion

• 2 weeks later...

Willie Dyer confirmed. That's a very good signing and will sort out our problem at left back.

Good on Dods for identifying the problem area fairly quickly. A lesser man might have continued to struggle on with Buchan to prove that he was right to sign him in the first place. Buchan was given more than a chance to prove himself . ............

............ and it wasn't just another panic move. Darren obviously had the patience to wait for the right man. Dyer will be a sound investment at this level.

Archived