Brechin City 2015/16 Season

Can not believe tapping has done tht to Brechin surely another season at Brechin to thank thm for wht thy have done for home would be sufficient an moved on next season eh lad has talent an sure he would have got his move next season hope yoos get QOS in the cup an give him Pelter guess thts footy players nowadays for you tho..

? Don't understand a thing. Do they teach punctuation up in deep darkest Fife.

Pretty shitty what Tapping has done but was to be expected....

• Replies 785
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Upset? Yeah you could say that. Shocking stuff from Tapping, the club pay for his operation and stand by him, even assuring him of a contract at the end of the season whilst he was out for 6 months.

It's a real shame that Tapping couldn't repay the same loyalty that the club showed him. We all knew that he wanted to go full time at some point, but given the circumstances he could have at least signed a new deal and gone elsewhere in January.

I see he's been on Twitter thanking the club for all they've done...no wonder, we've effectively paid his way back into full time football for f**k all in return!

Upset? Yeah you could say that. Shocking stuff from Tapping, the club pay for his operation and stand by him, even assuring him of a contract at the end of the season whilst he was out for 6 months.

It's a real shame that Tapping couldn't repay the same loyalty that the club showed him. We all knew that he wanted to go full time at some point, but given the circumstances he could have at least signed a new deal and gone elsewhere in January.

I see he's been on Twitter thanking the club for all they've done...no wonder, we've effectively paid his way back into full time football for f**k all in return!

'Stand by him'? What else could you have done, he was under contract.

He was injured while playing for you, rather than have presumably your highest earner sitting injured until his contract ran out the club thought they'd try and get it fixed so he could play the final few games of the season, and if not they thought they'd have a good shot of keeping him for next year as clubs might not take a chance on him. To make out like this was some charitable act of paying for treatment for an employee is laughable.

You were his employers when he got injured and clubs should be obliged to pay for the treatment regardless, thankfully almost all of them do it without making a big song and dance about it. Brechin have done nothing special here, and Tapping his done absolutely nothing wrong, what a ridiculous reaction by some.

He was injured while playing for you, rather than have presumably your highest earner sitting injured until his contract ran out the club thought they'd try and get it fixed so he could play the final few games of the season, and if not they thought they'd have a good shot of keeping him for next year as clubs might not take a chance on him. To make out like this was some charitable act of paying for treatment for an employee is laughable.

You were his employers when he got injured and clubs should be obliged to pay for the treatment regardless, thankfully almost all of them do it without making a big song and dance about it. Brechin have done nothing special here, and Tapping his done absolutely nothing wrong, what a ridiculous reaction by some.

Tapping was told by the club when he got injured that he'd still have a contract offer at the end of the season. This is despite the fact he'd be out for at least 6 months and wouldn't return to fitness before the end of the season.

I know there is no loyalty in football anymore but this is really poor from Tapping.

In any football climate money and full time football will always win the day over whatever pert time clubs can offer.

Many a part time club have put out money on players just as we did with Tapping (and rightly so - as pointed out by others) to get them fit. I think the fact he was making noises about re-signing and paying back some of the support he had received and then not does stick in our throats a bit.

I get he is looking after number one but that does not mean to say we have to like it.

Good luck to him and his judgment - sure he will sleep just fine...

We will now move on.

He should not have made a very public and rash statement that he intended to sign this season to repay the club for not only the rehibilitation but the quite hefty consultation and hospital costs incurred along the way.

Also the fact that he led Darren Dods and in fact everyone at Brechin into believing that his signing was iminent is a bit off . Dods had already built up hope that he would be a key player to build the midfield around. Now he has to up his search for another quality midfielder . 2-3 weeks wasted .

I agree with a lot of what you've said here. I think the main gripe from our view is that the player himself made noises saying he would sign on again as a thank you for getting him fit to play again only for him to u turn. I have nothing against him wanting full time football but if that was always first on his agenda before" repaying our help" he (Tapping ) should have kept his mouth shut about staying another year. The other side of the coin is Darren Dodds now has to look for another man and as been said on here already thats a few weeks wasted. All the best Tapping i hope you enjoy an injury free season for yours and more importantly QOS bank accounts sake. Like the Murphys " i'm not bitter".

He should not have made a very public and rash statement that he intended to sign this season to repay the club for not only the rehibilitation but the quite hefty consultation and hospital costs incurred along the way.

Also the fact that he led Darren Dods and in fact everyone at Brechin into believing that his signing was iminent is a bit off . Dods had already built up hope that he would be a key player to build the midfield around. Now he has to up his search for another quality midfielder . 2-3 weeks wasted .

Agree with all of the the above . Put much better than myself.

In any football climate money and full time football will always win the day over whatever pert time clubs can offer.

Many a part time club have put out money on players just as we did with Tapping (and rightly so - as pointed out by others) to get them fit. I think the fact he was making noises about re-signing and paying back some of the support he had received and then not does stick in our throats a bit.

I get he is looking after number one but that does not mean to say we have to like it.

Good luck to him and his judgment - sure he will sleep just fine...

We will now move on.

Bang on the button.

Archived