Brechin City 2015/16 Season

Have we been linked with anyone at all ? Any rumours ? Although pre season games been little more than fitness and trials for players we still have to put up some sort of effort ! There's season tickets to be sold after all ?

Activity at the glebe last night. Don't know if it was just a regular committee meeting or a signing session.

• Replies 785
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Heard that Tapping has signed.

To be honest I had given up hope of Tapping re-signing after all this time and especially after losing a few of our better players. If true, and with a full pre-season behind him, we will have one of the best players in the league which would be a massive boost. Here's hoping.

Tapping is on holiday at the moment so it will have only been a verbal agreement if anything though.

Dods would rather stick a fork in his eye than risk his joints on that plastic again !!. ;)

A little bit of research would have shown that Darren hardly missed a game while with us. Probably better for his old joints playing on plastic than on Brechins equivalent of Lunan Bay beach. Sorry to Lunan Bay beach by the way, as it does have some grass above the beach line.

Not long till Wednesday. Given the lack of signing activity i would assume that Darrens first side will have a dose of guys on trial trying to impress. Either that or Lee Baileys looking out his old Woolies Panthers to do a wee turn upfront. Aberdeen last year took a strong squad down and we got a doing. If i'm being realistic i would expect the same again. That said i've got a bit of a buzz cause only 3 sleeps till fitbas back. I cant wait. :thumsup2

Heard that Tapping has signed.

If true this would help offset some of the players we have lost. I really hope this turns out to be the case. Also i would like to see Dodds take a game in the coming season.

Are we grasping at straws - cause really who knows what?

I agree the lack of info is very frustrating but the timing of things happening has gone against us. No panic yet as i'm sure signing targets are being approached and although our first game is on Wednesday i would expect a signing or two in the days after the Aberdeen game. :guinness

Not long till Wednesday. Given the lack of signing activity i would assume that Darrens first side will have a dose of guys on trial trying to impress. Either that or Lee Baileys looking out his old Woolies Panthers to do a wee turn upfront. Aberdeen last year took a strong squad down and we got a doing. If i'm being realistic i would expect the same again. That said i've got a bit of a buzz cause only 3 sleeps till fitbas back. I cant wait. :thumsup2

Can't say the enthusiasm has got as far as my hoose yet. Especially as it is still golf and tennis season.

You can stick yer summer fitba up yer erse as far as I'm concerned.

Can't say the enthusiasm has got as far as my hoose yet. Especially as it is still golf and tennis season.

You can stick yer summer fitba up yer erse as far as I'm concerned.

I'm sure your enthusiasm will be back once we are all purring over Darrens potential signings on Wednesday night.... :unsure2:

A little bit of research would have shown that Darren hardly missed a game while with us. Probably better for his old joints playing on plastic than on Brechins equivalent of Lunan Bay beach. Sorry to Lunan Bay beach by the way, as it does have some grass above the beach line.

Lunan Bay would be a non starter what with Forfar folks dislike of running water :whistle

Can't read too much into the result and performance tonight. Aberdeen streets ahead of us in terms of quality and preparation. I think I'd be right in saying we've only had two sessions and even then some of the players have just returned back from holiday.

Trialists we established were Dene Shields, Jonothan Tiffoney, James Dale and Stephen Husband? Anyone know any of the others?

Good to see Tapping get a run out, hopefully he signs a deal this week. Also good to see McNeil and Ferguson - think they would be decent enough squad players and would like to see them offered deals. Jacko looked sharp and took his goal well, as did Thomson.

Will get a better idea where we are once we've got Tiger and Smith back, sign a few more players and up against opposition nearer our level.

Archived