Brechin City 2015/16 Season

• Replies 785
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's certainly far from ideal that our first friendly is just a week away against very strong opposition but we couldn't have envisaged being in this situation when it was arranged and it's always a good wee earner for the club with 1000+ Aberdeen fans usually in attendance.

Was hoping we might have had a couple of players signed by now but would rather we waited and brought in the right players rather than rushing to get a squad together for pre-season friendlies. As long as we are ready to go for the league that's the most important thing.

Its not only the team that are struggling!Was hearing today that the pitch is nowhere near ready after being heavily sanded and over seeded during the close season.

Seed is just not germinating due to fluctuating temperatures and lack of water.

Cockwomble and Regan keep going on about summer football being the way forward........ I don't think they've even considered pitch maintenance and renovations. What chance would pitches have with a full schedule of games at this time of year? It is bad enough just now.

Solution: P&B City XI vs Aberdeen. Trials down at the pitches beside Park Place this weekend.

At six foot 3 I'd like to put myself forward as an immobile target man. I wouldn't want to end up costing Thommo his place though.

Archived