Brechin City 2015/16 Season

Apparently Petrie is being groomed for Forfar job once Campbell hangs up his bunnet . Only a quiet rumour like

I thought that may be the case. Like i said before Petrie seems to be highly thought of at Station Park.

• Replies 785
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I d be disapointed if it were Charlie King he was a fans favourite but I'd hate to see him struggle as a manager ! Maybe come in as an assistant to someone though ? I'd accept Bollan he s obviously got a wee soft spot for us after playing 3 x in one season ha ha ! Joking apart I'd have him in a minute sort of name that would attract players and he's done well at previous clubs ! Is Barry Smith stil unattached or did he go South ?

Agree with you about Chucky. Did well at Vics at start of this season then they fell away a bit. This gig may have come to early in his managerial career . Player / assistant manager to someone perhaps ? Bollan is the only sensible name i've heard so far and as TOH said in an earlier post thats certainly not like Brechin for the rumour mill to be so quiet. Never mind not long till the closing date.

A quick question for Brechin fans -

Does Mckinnon have a preferred formation he likes to go for? Just so we have an idea what sort of players we still are looking to bring in...

I am sure Ray will have an idea of the way he wants to play. However the pressure of actually winning games will determine formation and tactics.

One thing is for sure, if you have any flair players he will not be afraid to let them do their own thing. Happy players who are not shackled by silly tactics are more likely to win you games .

Wee bit of activity has been reported by the club. Grant Johnson and Darren Taylor as expected have followed Ray to Raith. Patrick O'Neil and Robert Thomson have signed new deals to bring us up to 8 with negotiations ongoing with other players until a management team is in place.

Closing date for applications is tomorrow so hopefully we'll have an announcement soon.

Could be Jimmy Mann having a fag they will still have interviews to do but hopefully we will get an idea today of who's applied

Just had a quick look at this post and i saw the words "Jimmy Mann" , "interviews" , and "applied" in the same sentence and choked on my bacon roll...

The word about Aberdeen (or more so Newtonhill) is Derek Young is very keen for the job as player manager.

Not sure how to judge this one. He could be in the same mould of his brother and make an immediate impact ........or it could be the Campbell factor with one brother being totally useless at management..

Worth a punt ??? Not sure.

The word about Aberdeen (or more so Newtonhill) is Derek Young is very keen for the job as player manager.

Not sure how to judge this one. He could be in the same mould of his brother and make an immediate impact ........or it could be the Campbell factor with one brother being totally useless at management..

Worth a punt ??? Not sure.

Hope not , cracking player for us

Just happy to see club come out today and make an actual statement in papers ! Have to mind not everyone has access to Twitter etc ! Just hope it's someone who can attract players !

Only the closing date today. Interviews next week . Have to be patient.

Archived