Brechin City 2015/16 Season

• Replies 785
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Were they not just reporting the bookies odds?

They make mention that he lives local. Which is the only reason I can see as to why It might appeal. No offence to Brechin meant there - I would have thought he'd have been looking for a full time club.

They make mention that he lives local. Which is the only reason I can see as to why It might appeal. No offence to Brechin meant there - I would have thought he'd have been looking for a full time club.

He lives round the corner from me and tends to attend a lot of the Angus games when he's not managing so does tend to get mentioned for the posts a lot when they are vacant.

I'm sure he was linked with the Arbroath post at some point previously too. Not having to commute might very well be a big pull for him.

As far as we know there would be compensation due. Presume Brechin got some after losing McKinnon though so might be in a position to pay?

I could be wrong but I'm sure Gary Bollan has applied for the Brechin job at least a couple of times before. Would seem a bit strange for him to move to another part time club in the same division and as far as I'm aware he's under contract? Can't see us paying much in the way of compensation so he'd have to be released from his contract. As has been mentioned, perhaps living locally is a big factor for him, am I right in saying he lives in Carnoustie?

I'd be happy with Bollan, he's done a good job at Airdrie on what appears to be a tight budget and losing his best players every summer due to cuts. It's all speculation at the moment though, could all be absolute rubbish especially if it's being reported in the Daily Record.

I'd be disappointed if Bollan went to Brechin. He'll leave us for bigger and better things at some point but to go to another part - time team in out league would be a right downer. Less travelling makes is plausible though...

Random one for you ....Stewart Petrie , seems to be well thought of in deepest darkest Farfar . Your thoughts ?

Apparently Petrie is being groomed for Forfar job once Campbell hangs up his bunnet . Only a quiet rumour like

I d be disapointed if it were Charlie King he was a fans favourite but I'd hate to see him struggle as a manager ! Maybe come in as an assistant to someone though ? I'd accept Bollan he s obviously got a wee soft spot for us after playing 3 x in one season ha ha ! Joking apart I'd have him in a minute sort of name that would attract players and he's done well at previous clubs ! Is Barry Smith stil unattached or did he go South ?

I d be disapointed if it were Charlie King he was a fans favourite but I'd hate to see him struggle as a manager ! Maybe come in as an assistant to someone though ? I'd accept Bollan he s obviously got a wee soft spot for us after playing 3 x in one season ha ha ! Joking apart I'd have him in a minute sort of name that would attract players and he's done well at previous clubs ! Is Barry Smith stil unattached or did he go South ?

Smith got a job down South. Aldershot? Something like that.

Scott Booth, Christ. He was appalling at Stenhousemuir and probably the worst manager we've ever had. However, everyone deserves a second chance - if he's analysed his 11 months at Ochilview and realised how and why it went wrong, then there might be a decent manager in there somewhere.

I very much doubt it, though. He seems like a pig-headed idiot.

Archived