Brechin City 2015/16 Season

Ye if club are looking to sell season tickets keeping fans in the dark is not good business is it ??? Just a wee gripe ! committee need a break as well I realise that ! I thought Ewan Macneill was a decent player and with Hammy goin surely be a place for him ?

What about Jim Leighton ?? Loves his footy outta work now ! Prob got enough cash tucked away to hold a wee part time job ! Guessing he only lives in Aberdeen ! Just a thought !

Not like you to have a ridiculous moan about nothing....

How is the club keeping the fans in the dark? They announced which players have already signed for next season and which players have signed for another club. The ones who haven't been mentioned yet probably haven't been contacted yet because traditionally players go on holiday in the first couple of weeks after the season is finished. Take a look at twitter, its filled with it! Or at the very least existing players have been offered a contract but not agreed / disagreed anything yet so how can they announce anything???

Its been mentioned before losing a manager during the closed season isn't ideal as most clubs start planning ahead for the following season, Brechin won't be any different on that front albeit they've got to fill the top job along with the players.

Talking of season tickets can anyone tell me what a said ticket for the Glebe covers these days ? I remember few years back it used to cover EVERY home game. Is it just the home league games now or league games and friendlys with the cup games separate ?

As far as I'm aware it will cover all home league games and friendlies. Typically its been the first round of the cups if its a home match, but that is at the discretion of the club.

• Replies 785
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Talking of season tickets can anyone tell me what a said ticket for the Glebe covers these days ? I remember few years back it used to cover EVERY home game. Is it just the home league games now or league games and friendlys with the cup games separate ?

The club were losing money on cup games as all season ticket sales were included in the gate receipt total ( if season tickets were valid for these games...which they were ) . It was decided at the AGM that the price of a season ticket would not increase for last season because cup games were not included. This was unanimously passed.

Not like you to have a ridiculous moan about nothing....

How is the club keeping the fans in the dark? They announced which players have already signed for next season and which players have signed for another club. The ones who haven't been mentioned yet probably haven't been contacted yet because traditionally players go on holiday in the first couple of weeks after the season is finished. Take a look at twitter, its filled with it! Or at the very least existing players have been offered a contract but not agreed / disagreed anything yet so how can they announce anything???

Its been mentioned before losing a manager during the closed season isn't ideal as most clubs start planning ahead for the following season, Brechin won't be any different on that front albeit they've got to fill the top job along with the players.

As far as I'm aware it will cover all home league games and friendlies. Typically its been the first round of the cups if its a home match, but that is at the discretion of the club.

Entitled to my opinion I actually said it was a wee gripe ! So would you buy a season ticket say tomorrow for a team that only has 5 or 6 signed players and no manager ? And no one knows if back room staff are away either ? That's more the thing they could come out and say ! ( I know it llbe sorted out over Nxt few weeks )I ain't that thick !!

Gerry going to Ayr has no substance whatsoever. At the time of the rumour being brought up on here, the man himself said he hadn't spoken to any club.

Did ye aye?

Entitled to my opinion I actually said it was a wee gripe ! So would you buy a season ticket say tomorrow for a team that only has 5 or 6 signed players and no manager ? And no one knows if back room staff are away either ? That's more the thing they could come out and say ! ( I know it llbe sorted out over Nxt few weeks )I ain't that thick !!

To be honest , it looks pretty bleak at the moment but I'm sure we will put together a decent squad . :unsure:

Gerry was a cult hero at Brechin but when you look beyond that you have a half decent league 1 defender. Nothing more, nothing less. He's been a good servant and I would have liked him to stay on, especially with the players that have already gone. However he's far from irreplaceable - only Trouten comes under that bracket. It would seem a bit of extra money and less travelling has worked against us again.

He's had Brechin fans praising and ranting about him in equal measures in his five years at the Glebe.

Archived