Brechin City 2015/16 Season

• Replies 785
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bollan would be a good choice but would we have to pay compo to Airdrie ? Having tapping next season would be awesome fully fit I think it would be a fantastic player for us

Tapping would soften the blow a little of those departed. The compo to Airdrie might be a sticky point so that could rule out a move for Bollan. When i'm out and about later i'm going to keep a lookout in case i stumble across Alex Mcleish in Dennis's.

I would highly doubt we would pay compensation for a manager nor do I think the names mentioned above (Ferguson & Bollan) would leave their respective clubs for another part time side. So we could probably scrap that.

As for Derek Adams, I think that's probably a tad unrealistic. He's got an impressive CV with Ross County (Scottish Cup finalists, romping the 1st division and going about 40 games unbeaten followed by a couple of good finishes in the SPL) so I would have thought he won't need to go part time to get back into management.

As for Callum Tapping, I wonder if McKinnon might try and take him to Raith. The club assured Tapping he would be offered a contract for next season despite being out injured for the vast majority of the season. We sorted him out with his surgery so it would be dissapointing if he didn't repay us by staying for another year, but he is obviously an ambitious young player with aspirations to go back into full time football, so we'll just have to wait and see.

Despite not being near 100% fit towards the end of the season, he showed enough to suggest he'd be an absolute standout at this level with a good pre-season under his belt.

Yeah I didn't realistically think Adams would be intrested in the job just saying that who I would like to see could be we go for some one relatively unknown that has worked out well in the past. It will be a while before we start hearing about players singing up untill a manager is appointed there was rumours about Gerry going to Ayr but they seemed to have stopped now

The last few times we've had a managerial vacancy there's been a high calibre of applicants and I would expect it to be the same again. The job would be very attractive for any part time manager. Well run, friendly club with a decent budget.

Gerry going to Ayr has no substance whatsoever. At the time of the rumour being brought up on here, the man himself said he hadn't spoken to any club.

Hopefully he has spoken to ours.

No real rumours going purely speculation - even the ferguson one I heard.

Any players of a calibre who have retired or nearing the end of their careers that might want a go at Brechin?

Russel Anderson? for instance or others.....

Bollan will leave us some point soon but there's no chance he would go from us to Brechin.

Full - time club or team like Dumbarton is much more probable.

Aitken got the Dumbarton job. Possibly Mark Roberts looking for a managerial role. Teale would be worth a punt too.

Nobody knows. No statements issued to date.

Ye if club are looking to sell season tickets keeping fans in the dark is not good business is it ??? Just a wee gripe ! committee need a break as well I realise that ! I thought Ewan Macneill was a decent player and with Hammy goin surely be a place for him ?

What about Jim Leighton ?? Loves his footy outta work now ! Prob got enough cash tucked away to hold a wee part time job ! Guessing he only lives in Aberdeen ! Just a thought !

Ye if club are looking to sell season tickets keeping fans in the dark is not good business is it ??? Just a wee gripe ! committee need a break as well I realise that ! I thought Ewan Macneill was a decent player and with Hammy goin surely be a place for him ?

What about Jim Leighton ?? Loves his footy outta work now ! Prob got enough cash tucked away to hold a wee part time job ! Guessing he only lives in Aberdeen ! Just a thought !

Talking of season tickets can anyone tell me what a said ticket for the Glebe covers these days ? I remember few years back it used to cover EVERY home game. Is it just the home league games now or league games and friendlys with the cup games separate ?

Archived