Brechin City 2015/16 Season

• Replies 785
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^ ^ ^ Obsessed

We all have our successes and failures, VT. It wasn't that long ago that Morton were in the Third Division, conceding goals to the Michelle-McManus-shaped ex-Buddie Mark Yardley. Comparatively, that's a bigger footballing failure than anything we've seen from Brechin or Albion Rovers.

How did that season work out for you again? Oh that's right - Morton coasted home as champions, Albion Rovers failed to win promotion once again, and remained an inconsequential nothing club.

Success; failure.

greggy-1_zpsa6468549.png

Yes, due congratulations to Morton on that golden season, when they found their level and won the fourth tier after successive relegations.

Still gloating about winning the 2002/03 Third Division by 1 point = true big team behaviour.

Yes, due congratulations to Morton on that golden season, when they found their level and won the fourth tier after successive relegations.

Still gloating about winning the 2002/03 Third Division by 1 point = true big team behaviour.

The worst 3rd division in history as well , by his own admission. 8)

Ah, VikingTon's missing hemorrhoid ! I was wondering when you would chip in !

Ooft, I thought it was you that was getting to us, and not the other way around?

You had your fun tearing into Morton throughout the season only for us to deliver when it mattered, leaving us an open goal. Deal with it.

We quite clearly hadn't found our level, given that we won promotion at the first attempt, and haven't come close to your natural stomping ground since; swing and a miss.

You were clearly much more comfortable discussing the topic of historic failure; unsurprising to see you caught hopelessly out of your depth when it comes to discussing either success or big teams though.

Never easy replacing a highly thought of manager whether you're the board seeking a replacement or the new manager coming in.

Agreed. My concern is that the closing date for applications is in two weeks . Then the interview process begins so we could well be looking at a month before we get anyone in to sign new players etc.......not an ideal situation.

Agreed. My concern is that the closing date for applications is in two weeks . Then the interview process begins so we could well be looking at a month before we get anyone in to sign new players etc.......not an ideal situation.

May be they just want to make sure they get the right person ? Are Grant and Darren still at the club ? Maybe they are looking at players

May be they just want to make sure they get the right person ? Are Grant and Darren still at the club ? Maybe they are looking at players

Yeah appoint in haste and all that. Not sure if Grant and Darren are still there. I would have thought that they may follow Ray to Rovers. Not to sure who would be in the frame for the job. Who would you like to see as manager next ? Charlie King perhaps ?

Yeah I would have thought they would go with him would make sence. My first thought was chuckie but not sure if he's ready yet but he would have the passion for it. would love to see Derick Adams but not sure if he would come down to this level

Depends on whether Grant and Darren are still here - if they are still working on new contracts and potential new signings then we should take our time and get the right man. I'm not a fan of appointing assistants but Grant after all has been part of a fairly successful management team. We've got to remember that outwith the 3 players that have already left, the guys that I'd have definitely signed for next season have already done so with the exception of Tapping and Gerry. I think that then leaves the two sub keepers, McNeil, S Jackson, Ferguson and Thomson. Would be happy enough for any of them to sign up for next year but only as backup.

We might miss out on a few potential targets whilst we search for a new manager however there are also plenty of players who hold off much of the summer for the right offer to come in.

If Chuckies early season had run to the end then he would have be in with a shout but all sorts of stuff rumoured to have happened down there in the last six months - squad split etc. prob puts him out for now.

Only name I heard was Barry Ferguson but not confirmed.

As for Adams- would be good. Sometimes a reality check and temporary shimmy down the leagues does a manager the world of good

Depends on whether Grant and Darren are still here - if they are still working on new contracts and potential new signings then we should take our time and get the right man. I'm not a fan of appointing assistants but Grant after all has been part of a fairly successful management team. We've got to remember that outwith the 3 players that have already left, the guys that I'd have definitely signed for next season have already done so with the exception of Tapping and Gerry. I think that then leaves the two sub keepers, McNeil, S Jackson, Ferguson and Thomson. Would be happy enough for any of them to sign up for next year but only as backup.

We might miss out on a few potential targets whilst we search for a new manager however there are also plenty of players who hold off much of the summer for the right offer to come in.

Fair point Steve, perhaps i've got the panic head on a bit early. A fully fit Tapping signing on again would be like signing a new player. With his injury last season we never really saw the best of him. Fingers crossed eh ?

Yeah I would have thought they would go with him would make sence. My first thought was chuckie but not sure if he's ready yet but he would have the passion for it. would love to see Derick Adams but not sure if he would come down to this level

Derrick Adams,.i had actually forgotten about him. That would be interesting . Garry Bollan is a name that is banded about when this post comes up but would he leave Airdrie ?

If Chuckies early season had run to the end then he would have be in with a shout but all sorts of stuff rumoured to have happened down there in the last six months - squad split etc. prob puts him out for now.

Only name I heard was Barry Ferguson but not confirmed.

As for Adams- would be good. Sometimes a reality check and temporary shimmy down the leagues does a manager the world of good

Yeah i'd heard the rumours as well. Its a shame as he turned the Vics into a half decent side that were good to watch.Out of sheer noseyness where did you hear the Barry Ferguson rumour ?

Archived