Brechin City 2015/16 Season

I hope he chooses St Mirren and not the Fife lot. They seem to think they are a big club going by their take on Ray on their forum.

They certainly don't deserve Ray.

:lol:

He's been out performed by the likes of Forfar and Stranraer this season. The only reason we will be in for him is Malpas has drawn up a hit list of old teammates to invite for interviews.

• Replies 785
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ray McKinnon is probably the most underrated manager in the SPFL, Brechin have done well to keep him for this long. Good luck to him, I say.

I disagree. He's had one good run of form when he first took over and another (seventeen unbeaten in the league) this season but otherwise it doesn't seem like Brechin have progressed much in the last two seasons. When you consider he inheritated many of the key players in the Brechin City team, I think you can question how successful his transfer business has been too.

Certainly don't think he's done enough to earn a move to St. Mirren but that's not to say he wouldn't do a decent job at the better resourced club.

Brechin are probably a club for whom every season is a banana skin: they're about the same size as Neilly's team, and what happened to Stenny this season could happen to them at any time.

I haven't seen them play since the last time the Rovers were in this league, but McKinnon has kept their status in the third tier (which should be their realistic aim every season), and got them to two play-off finishes. How much better can a Brechin manager do?

Brechin are probably a club for whom every season is a banana skin: they're about the same size as Neilly's team, and what happened to Stenny this season could happen to them at any time.

I haven't seen them play since the last time the Rovers were in this league, but McKinnon has kept their status in the third tier (which should be their realistic aim every season), and got them to two play-off finishes. How much better can a Brechin manager do?

Spot on mate ! It would be nice to take a step up once in a. While though ! We were nt that far behind Stranraer or Forfar and were actually better than Morton ! Throwing silly games away at beginning of season cost us bein champions ! Ray has nt made too many bad signings , he run s a small squad and his squad players were not too bad ! Last season was poor due to injuries and suspensions ! I ve certainly nothing against him ! So good luck to him !

Spot on mate ! It would be nice to take a step up once in a. While though ! We were nt that far behind Stranraer or Forfar and were actually better than Morton ! Throwing silly games away at beginning of season cost us bein champions ! Ray has nt made too many bad signings , he run s a small squad and his squad players were not too bad ! Last season was poor due to injuries and suspensions ! I ve certainly nothing against him ! So good luck to him !

:lol: That's not actually true though is it? The best team won the league.

Sad news for us not only could we loose our manager today but our best player as well tough times ahead hope we can get decent replacements

If you love somebody, set them free.

Jim Spence says we are due to appoint Mckinnon tomorrow.

Pleased with that. Does he like to use subs? Does he ever change the game plan if things aint working?

If so - progress from Grant Murray :lol:

Archived