Brechin City 2015/16 Season

Things are unusually quiet at Glebe Park at the moment. Ray is usually quick to get players on new deals however it's no surprise that some of our lads are interesting other clubs after what was a decent season. Some players perhaps mulling over offers from elsewhere before putting pen to paper.

I genuinely believe that we were an experienced centre half and another striker short of winning the league last year, so I'd have been quite happy with largely the same squad next season with those additions. However we now have to replace the departing Bobby Barr and it seems we have a real fight on our hands to keep Trouten. To lose both players would be a massive blow.

Officially, I think only Graeme Smith is currently signed up for next season. Heard that Paul McLean and Darren McCormack have also signed but that is yet to be confirmed by the club. Hopefully Tapping will stick to his word and sign a new deal - with a good pre-season behind him he could be the best midfielder in League 1.

As for players on their way out, I would expect Greg Cameron to be on his way. Steven Jackson may also leave if he is to get more game time however I'd be happy enough with him staying as backup. Other than that there is no obvious player I'd let go.

As for potential new signings...Kyle McAusland has been released by the Pars. Did very well for us on loan and is very versatile. Would like to see him back at the Glebe.

• Replies 785
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Was starting to wonder when we would hear some news big blow loosing Bobby hopefully trouten can be persuaded to stay. Seen Grant and Darren at the Montrose game on Saturday but they weren't giving any thing away. See Gary woods is leaving Montrose he seemed to be pretty decent wouldn't mind having him. Also herd that Andy Jackson could be on his way to Stirling

I agree with above comments ! We were nt far off bein best team in league to be honest ! We ve a decent midfield , defence at times but short up front ! We can let Cameron Ferguson and Thommo go I d say ! Steve Jacksons still a young lad and will come on ! Heard yesterday Darren Petrie s signing ?? There ll be loads o rumours as happens at every club ! Is Mackinnon staying for starters or is he in for Raith job ????

I agree with above comments ! We were nt far off bein best team in league to be honest ! We ve a decent midfield , defence at times but short up front ! We can let Cameron Ferguson and Thommo go I d say ! Steve Jacksons still a young lad and will come on ! Heard yesterday Darren Petrie s signing ?? There ll be loads o rumours as happens at every club ! Is Mackinnon staying for starters or is he in for Raith job ????

McKinnon signed a new deal just a couple of weeks ago so if any team wanted him them they'd have to pay up. Unless there's some sort of clause in his contract that allows him to be released from his deal to go to a full time club.

Wasn't a huge fan of Petrie during his loan spell. Good passer of the ball and scored a fine winner against Dunfermline but other than that I didn't think he offered a great deal. Personally I would much rather have McAusland.

Need to look to the lower leagues for a replacement. That guy at Elgin seems to be doing a decent job.

post-31306-0-77643500-1432147052_thumb.g

:P

Pink to return to the glebe ? ;)

You know the phrase 'two in the pink and one in the stink' I think that'll apply to him as well :P You can keep him. ;)

Oh dear ! Maybe that's why players are not signing ! Waiting to see what happens with Ray ?

We d have a ready replacement in Grant Johnson he's done well in both his spells ! Anyway let's not jump the gun ! Hamilton was a good player scored a few as well !

Archived