Brechin City 2015/16 Season

Thoughts^?

Was a breath of fresh air in a team that had for various reason s gone stale, ran at players , liked to shoot , and nvr gave up! Will be a big loss

Be interesting now to see if committees gonna take a chance and back Dods to strengthen team and fight relegation or just accept the inevitable ! We re not miles away from improving but lack quality on the bench in my opinion!

• Replies 785
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Agree. When our starting 11 struggle who do we have to come off the bench that fills you with confidence. Booth can stay gone, Dundee Utd are casting quite a number of their squad - any we can get? Any worth having?

Tapping not playing at QoS = chances?

Agree. When our starting 11 struggle who do we have to come off the bench that fills you with confidence. Booth can stay gone, Dundee Utd are casting quite a number of their squad - any we can get? Any worth having?

Tapping not playing at QoS = chances?

Tapping would be a good shout. Give him a chance to repay the club for his rehabilitation.

If Isaac is indeed away then that is a huge blow, which will hopefully be softened by Dene Shields returning to full fitness. Isaac has been excellent for us and it's quite staggering that a struggling side like Alloa let him go out on loan. I don't believe for one minute Alloa have a better striker than him. He works hard, is technically good and can finish - all the attributes you want in a striker.

We do. Isaac has struggled at Championship level. He does work hard but touch wasn't always great and often played with his head down. Hasn't scored a competitive goal for Alloa either, other than the Stirlingshire Cup. So its not really staggering at all that he went out on loan. We can only hope that banging in a few goals in the league below has boosted his confidence, I certainly think he needed a goal at Alloa and became less effective as time went on. We also have a new manager now who might be able to get more from him. I agree he has potential, he is quick and strong.

See it looking hopeful we re gettin Isaac for season ! He's getting a pair o flippers and a months scuba diving course to sign. ,!! John Souttar free to find a team as well sign him until he finds a bigger team after all Brechins only team he ever wanted to play for ha ha ha !,,, I take it Tappings injured as he's surely good enough for first division , I also heard Petrie at Raith could be loaned back ??? All speculation tho !

We do. Isaac has struggled at Championship level. He does work hard but touch wasn't always great and often played with his head down. Hasn't scored a competitive goal for Alloa either, other than the Stirlingshire Cup. So its not really staggering at all that he went out on loan. We can only hope that banging in a few goals in the league below has boosted his confidence, I certainly think he needed a goal at Alloa and became less effective as time went on. We also have a new manager now who might be able to get more from him. I agree he has potential, he is quick and strong.

Courier reporting today that we are likely to extend Isaac's loan until the end of the season which is a huge boost if it all goes through. Isaac is very happy at Brechin and Jack Ross is keen for him to continue his development at the Glebe. With Alloa looking doomed in the Championship it could be a decent bit of business for them having Layne for this division next season as he looks top drawer at this level.

See it looking hopeful we re gettin Isaac for season ! He's getting a pair o flippers and a months scuba diving course to sign. ,!! John Souttar free to find a team as well sign him until he finds a bigger team after all Brechins only team he ever wanted to play for ha ha ha !,,, I take it Tappings injured as he's surely good enough for first division , I also heard Petrie at Raith could be loaned back ??? All speculation tho !

Ray had offered Petrie to us but Dods stated he's not the type of player we are looking for.

As for getting Layne back, that would make the season a little more bearable, hopefully it goes through.

Ray had offered Petrie to us but Dods stated he's not the type of player we are looking for.

As for getting Layne back, that would make the season a little more bearable, hopefully it goes through.

Petrie would ve put a bit more fight in midfield ! That's a pity

I didn't rate Petrie at all, with the exception of his late winner against Dunfermline he was just one of those players that strolled around midfield playing the ball sideways. I'd much rather have someone like Jamie Masson, he'll be on a decent contract at Formartine though.

I didn't rate Petrie at all, with the exception of his late winner against Dunfermline he was just one of those players that strolled around midfield playing the ball sideways. I'd much rather have someone like Jamie Masson, he'll be on a decent contract at Formartine though.

Agree with this .

All the talk of John Souttar makes you wonder about the possibility of a loan deal........Would certainly piss off the Farfar council team !!! :lol:

Well, we've got a ridiculous injury crisis at the moment where we've currently got Scott Robertson at right back. Petrie hasn't had much game time but when he has he's not done anything. Once injuries calm down I'd imagine he'll be out on loan somewhere.

More chance of getting Harry Souttar who has been on the bench for Dundee Utd recently and would relish playing for the team he supports. It's not a centre half we're crying out for though.

Courier reporting today that we are likely to extend Isaac's loan until the end of the season which is a huge boost if it all goes through. Isaac is very happy at Brechin and Jack Ross is keen for him to continue his development at the Glebe. With Alloa looking doomed in the Championship it could be a decent bit of business for them having Layne for this division next season as he looks top drawer at this level.

A little surprised at that. Given our lack of goals and Isaac banging in a few at Brechin I thought he might be given a few games this month to see if his loan spell has brought him on. It would suggest Jack Ross is close to adding a striker or two at the Recs - and that he doesn't think Isaac is the answer to our lack of goals.

Isaac's contract is up in the summer and if stays at Brechin till the end of the season there is probably a good chance that he won't be back at Alloa.

Agree with this .

All the talk of John Souttar makes you wonder about the possibility of a loan deal........Would certainly piss off the Farfar council team !!! :lol:

My comments about Soutter were totally tongue in cheek ! I'm surprised about folks comments about Petrie remember the 4 3 Rangers game he was outstanding ! I thought he did fine ! Masson did well in first spell but was poorer 2nd spell I felt he was too 1 footed ! But I d still take him back !

My comments about Soutter were totally tongue in cheek ! I'm surprised about folks comments about Petrie remember the 4 3 Rangers game he was outstanding ! I thought he did fine ! Masson did well in first spell but was poorer 2nd spell I felt he was too 1 footed ! But I d still take him back !

I was actually on about the paper talk regarding Souttar. They were making out that he was a virtual leper. I think Mixu picked up on this and has stated today that he is very much part of his plans .

I think the media get half their gossip off the internet !!!! 8)

So 10 days in to January and no talk of players coming or going thought Dods ( one D) would have been looking at players ready to come in for when the window opens. Or am I just being impatient ? Great news we have Issac for the rest of the season

So that's Layne back at Alloa and Lewis Spence brought in, by all accounts a defensive midfielder which we already have in abundance? Any chance of an attacking midfielder or a natural winger?

Archived