Stenhousemuir FC - The Warriors - The 2023/24 Thread

At this same date a season ago, the Warriors sat in 6th, 12 points ahead of bottom club Cowdenbeath, with 14 games played. Today, 6th again, there's a 4 point gap to Forfar at the foot, with the Loons next game.

No league wins for over two months either and the highest goals against tally in the division. The management team seems helpless to alter the poor form.

Maybe their luck will change, but it isn't looking likely. There isn't a club as poor as Cowdenbeath to save everyone else this season.

32 minutes ago, Dundee Hibernian said:

At this same date a season ago, the Warriors sat in 6th, 12 points ahead of bottom club Cowdenbeath, with 14 games played. Today, 6th again, there's a 4 point gap to Forfar at the foot, with the Loons next game.

No league wins for over two months either and the highest goals against tally in the division. The management team seems helpless to alter the poor form.

Maybe their luck will change, but it isn't looking likely. There isn't a club as poor as Cowdenbeath to save everyone else this season.

But clueless Swift will spin it that we are only 3 points off 4th place and the lads are disappointed but training hard.  What he will not point out is, with the exception of Bonnyrigg, every other team has had a least 1 win in their last 5 games.

Four points off the bottom of the league and in awful form in the league with a team tipped for the title.

Baffled that charlatan Swift is still in charge.  He must either be due a packet if we get rid of him or the board are backing him, and I’m not sure which one makes the board look worse because the decision to give him a bumper deal is getting worse by the week.

At what point do we challenge the board on recruitment, Bomber, Colin, Davie Irons, Swift all failed to deliver but the chairman/board is hailed as doing a great job, the community teams are struggling and although we are supporting the community the core of the club and the ability to keep fans coming through the door is slipping as we see constant failure on the pitch.
Another season of dull football, with a strong squad not delivering and struggling performances week in week out while they take our money.

13 hours ago, YoungWarrior said:

At what point do we challenge the board on recruitment, Bomber, Colin, Davie Irons, Swift all failed to deliver but the chairman/board is hailed as doing a great job, the community teams are struggling and although we are supporting the community the core of the club and the ability to keep fans coming through the door is slipping as we see constant failure on the pitch.
Another season of dull football, with a strong squad not delivering and struggling performances week in week out while they take our money.

Brown Ferguson got the team promoted to League 1 in 2017/18, so it's unfair to say he "he failed to deliver", but you're right that Collin McMenamin, Davie Irons and now Stephen Swift have been poor appointments. Three different managers with three different profiles but the same outcome; it's just the way it is, I'm sorry to say.

As for Swift, there's nothing really new to add - that's now seven games without a win and four points from a possible 21, and we're now much closer to the bottom of the table than the teams at the top - and there's no suggestion he can turn it around, on the pitch or with supporters. He'll surely be moved on at some point next week otherwise the atmosphere at Ochilview on Saturday when we play Forfar Athletic could be pretty toxic.

Surely to goodness he will be moved on this week. The experiment has failed and the board need to realise this and act accordingly.  If he is still in charge for the next game then we will realise that the board have little ambition.  Perhaps the board need to have a meeting with the fans and clearly outline where they see us and what are their realistic plans for the future.

It's now a board issue and not a manager issue. There is not one plausible reason the manager can be in charge next week.

We are absolutely garbage and with 18 months in the making and probably the best budget in the league that takes some doing.

Could be wrong, but the fact that this has entered another new week makes me think he will be in charge on Saturday. Given that there has been absolutely zero evidence that we are going anywhere under Swift (other than the Lowland League perhaps) then I don't think this decision is based purely on performances on the park. Can we afford to pay him off, particularly given the money wasted on Bryson and now Brown. I also notice QP returned to Hampden this weekend. What a fecking disaster this is turning out to be.

Can we afford to drop to the Lowland League? 

Surely the directors must have discussed this? He should have been dismissed on Saturday when the bus came back down the road.  Let us hope they call him in after training tonight if not as stated Saturday could be very interesting.

49 minutes ago, Moonglum25 said:

Can we afford to drop to the Lowland League? 

Surely the directors must have discussed this? He should have been dismissed on Saturday when the bus came back down the road.  Let us hope they call him in after training tonight if not as stated Saturday could be very interesting.

I don’t think you are in danger of dropping, but I also don’t think you will go up under current circumstances.

13 minutes ago, Pyramid Watcher said:

I don’t think you are in danger of dropping, but I also don’t think you will go up under current circumstances.

We are in as much danger as anyone else. We have the worst form in the league and no centre backs to pick from.

Probably be lucky to name 15 players this Saturday and either a midfielder or full back will have to fill in at centre back.

We are an absolute shambles. We haven't kept a clean sheet since the opening day. That's absolutely embarrassing for a team with supposed aspirations of doing something this season.

No one in our fanbase will believe we are too good to go down anyway, not by a long shot.

If we don't get rid of the manager shortly and get someone in to galvanise the place then I really do fear for us this season.

Edited by Neilly