Stenhousemuir FC - The Warriors - The 2023/24 Thread

11 minutes ago, Vimto90 said:

This is pretty much where I sit. There won't be smoke without fire. All feels very one sided though and my instinct tells me it's not the case.

Again as was mentioned David Cox stopped himself saying something in that video whilst giggling about it & can only assume it was something to do with that.

You are spot on regarding tiffoneys past, I have seen paedo & beast comments on twitter directed at him. He done something very stupid as a 20 year old guy 9 years ago, was rightfully punished & just for the record is no longer on the sex offenders register, he was placed on it for 18 months.

My gut tells me this is what's happened and must be what tiffoney is implying. Hopefully all comes out in the wash and any guilty party is dealt with severely.

People dont want to hear that though. The biggest case Craig Thomson was dealt with by the law their was people saying shouldnt be allowed to play football. We go on about mental health if they did that and coulsnt work or do anything their is more a likelihood he would reoffend.

1 minute ago, Big Dougie said:

If David Cox was sitting on the bench when it happened, then there is no doubt other people will have heard the exchange.

Hopefully, although a Queen’s Park player said something to Coxy in a game when he was at Cowden. It ended up with Coxy getting sent off but the player had not said it within earshot of anyone else. Don’t know what happened at Stenny but only a complete idiot would make comments when others could hear them.

8 minutes ago, Big Dougie said:

If David Cox was sitting on the bench when it happened, then there is no doubt other people will have heard the exchange.

You would think so. You would also think with Cox saying "he shat himself once confronted and denied saying it" that there had been some kind of, well....confrontation. You would also think when Cox says "I tried to tell the referees about it but they didn't want to know and said they couldn't do anything about it as they didn't hear it", that there had again been some kind of verbal fuss made about it.....You would also think that someone at AR would have asked Cox WHY he was leaving at half time and not just said cheerio....

Yet Albion Rovers claim as a club that noone else was aware of it as they went back out for the 2nf half....odd.

I'm not for a second defending Tiffoney, as I've already said I hope his arse doesn't touch the door on the way out, and have no doubt he said it. It also doesn't even matter if AR knew about it or not, or whether they played the 2nd half or not....just an odd thing to say that they wouldn't have played had they known about it when they absolutely must have been aware!

I can only assume they also know what Cox has said to Tiffoney in, what Cox calls "a wee bit too-and-fro" between them.

Just now, Brian Carrigan said:

Whilst I see where you're coming from, I don't really think the two comments are comparable in terms of seriousness - imo, calling a sex offender a sex offender is one thing, but egging a previously suicidal man on to finish the job is a totally different ball game. It's not tit for tat.

Tiffoney, Goodwillie, Lithgow, Thompson etc have committed a gamut of offences and are extremely lucky to be allowed to play football again. I'm not saying they should be called beasts or paedo's as some kind of penance, but they'll be fully aware that their previous actions will result in hatred. They put themselves in the position to be abused, and are fully aware of the consequences. If it's affecting their mental health, they should take a break from the game or perhaps play at a lower level, with less exposure. It's not ideal, but these men know the nature of people.

David Cox has done nothing wrong other than being an aggressive player that suffers from serious mental health issues. He should be welcomed and encouraged to play the game. Comments about his previous attempted suicide should be off the table, full stop.

You've saved me a post. This is spot on.

1 hour ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

Both players are making claims of serious and wholly inappropriate comments being made during the game that have implications for player wellbeing and mental health. As you say you have taken someone on who was a sex offender. Which is likely what tiffoney will be claiming was said to him. Which is just as discriminatary.

It's really really not.

7 minutes ago, Brian Carrigan said:

Whilst I see where you're coming from, I don't really think the two comments are comparable in terms of seriousness - imo, calling a sex offender a sex offender is one thing, but egging a previously suicidal man on to finish the job is a totally different ball game. It's not tit for tat.

Tiffoney, Goodwillie, Lithgow, Thompson etc have committed a gamut of offences and are extremely lucky to be allowed to play football again. I'm not saying they should be called beasts or paedo's as some kind of penance, but they'll be fully aware that their previous actions will result in hatred. They put themselves in the position to be abused, and are fully aware of the consequences. If it's affecting their mental health, they should take a break from the game or perhaps play at a lower level, with less exposure. It's not ideal, but these men know the nature of people.

David Cox has done nothing wrong other than being an aggressive player that suffers from serious mental health issues. He should be welcomed and encouraged to play the game. Comments about his previous attempted suicide should be off the table, full stop.

On your last statement I agree as I said tiffoney should be punished. But he shouldnt be painted as innocent if he had said that to tiffoney. The daily mail have edited out the last 20 seconds of the video. I hope david can find something that would let him return to football and be free from whatever it is that made him want to kill himself.

2 hours ago, Virtual Insanity said:

It's really really not.

Yes it is. Noone deserves to be harassed or bullied at work. So youd be quite happy for tiffoney to have mental health problems. He did something stupidni could understand the case if he had raped her without consent but that wasnt what happened. 

Edit i think people are misunderstanding this post. I know how serious the crime was but what I meant was a crime that carried a heavier penalty 

Edited by AlanCamelonfan
People misunderstanding the post

6 minutes ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

Yes it is. Noone deserves to be harassed or bullied at work. So youd be quite happy for tiffoney to have mental health problems. He did something stupidni could understand the case if he had raped her without consent but that wasnt what happened. 

Wow.

A decent post but I do not accept he is just an "aggressive" player.

I have seen him throw a player into a concrete wall for example that could have resulted in a serious injury.

He has openly said in a podcast he has used the football pitch as a way to let his anger out, am sorry that doesn't wash with me, it shouldn't be a platform to potentially seriously hurt someone due to mental health issues.

He's clearly a troubled guy and hopefully he finds solace away from the game ( if indeed he does stay away)

Stop posting. Making a tit of yourself.

Just stop typing. You're a fuckin moron

1 hour ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

It is unlikely that he has made it up and it has no place in the game. What bothers me is" Both players are making claims of serious and wholly inappropriate comments being made during the game that have implications for player wellbeing and mental health." from the Stenhousemuir statement.

Put yourself in Tiffoney's shoes here. You've just told a suicidal man to kill himself and it has forced that player to retire from football with immediate effect. You are then questioned on what you've said. Do you;

A) Hold your hands up and say "aye, I'm really sorry, it was a stupid thing for me to say and I shouldn't have said it, I apologise to David"

B) Say that Cox said something horrible to try and justify the horrific shit you've come away with.

Tiffoney has previous for being a bawbag over a series of issues, obviously an investigation needs to be carried out but given David Cox has been banging on about mental health for years I would be entirely surprised if he'd said anything as horrible as telling a player to go and kill themselves. For the folk saying "we need to know what was said from both players", can you tell me one single thing that Cox could say that would justify Tiffoney telling him to kill himself?

jesus christ, log off before you say anything else heinous.