Stenhousemuir FC - The Warriors - The 2023/24 Thread

42 minutes ago, Moonglum25 said:

Brown Ferguson has signed a 3 year contract earlier this week. Hopefully he celebrates with a win tomorrow.

Interesting stuff on the Stenhousemuir website - CLICK.

I'm pleased to see Bomber's sticking around for the long term - he's a smashing guy and I'm glad he's in charge of my football team. Hopefully he sorts out our latest defensive crisis and turns this side into something a little more competitive.

The Norwegian Supporters Club was set up almost 20 years ago and has in excess of 100 members. Apparently it is one of the largest foreign supporter’s clubs outwith the English Premiership.  The Norwegians believed that the name Stenhousemuir was similar to a Norwegian word or had Norwegian conitations.. I think when the club was first set up it was exclusive and limited to a certain number of members but they have now allowed it to expand.

The Norwegians Supporters Club has sponsored the football club in many ways since their inception and sponsored the main stand and as such it is now called the Norway Stand although I do not know if they still sponsor it or not.  They generally attend a couple of games a year.

You may also be interested to know that Michael Palin is also a fan and has attended a game and also chipped in to the current supporters fund.

Sadly our crowds are not great averaging 4-500 despite the large number of houses built in the area. Various schemes have been tried to induce people to attend with very liited success.

Edited by Moonglum25
additional info

• 1 month later...

Rumours circulating on the Stirling forum that Brown Ferguson is set to be replaced by Martyn Corrigan.

A rumour that has been made up by a compete buffoon (which I suspect) .......or a huge change in direction from the Stenny board after dishing out a 3 year deal?

Rumours circulating on the Stirling forum that Brown Ferguson is set to be replaced by Martyn Corrigan.

A rumour that has been made up by a compete buffoon (which I suspect) .......or a huge change in direction from the Stenny board after dishing out a 3 year deal?

Offt if that happens :lol: :lol:

11 minutes ago, BB_Bino said:

What a wacky rumour. I don't think there's any chance of this happening at all. Bomber's here for the long haul (something which I'm pretty pleased with).

• 2 weeks later...

Carlos Manzana Martinez has rejoined. Normally, this would be good news, but when we are crying out for a defence, and he is an attacking midfielder, I'm not sure he's what we need just now. Assuming there will be quite a bit of movement in January so perhaps this is just preparation for that.