Stenhousemuir FC - The Warriors - The 2023/24 Thread

1 hour ago, iateallthepies said:

We have signed Cammy Graham formerly with you. Any good?

Hmm, not really, if I'm being honest. In his first season at Ochilview, Cammy Graham looked like he might have had something about him and chipped in with a couple of handy goals, including an equalisers against Cowdenbeath (on his debut, no less) and Stranraer before he had a cancer scare in early 2021 (which he thankfully made a full recovery from) and had to miss the second half of the season as a result. The club gave him a new contract last summer, making him one of the few holdovers from the previous season, which was a nice gesture, but I never got the feeling that Stephen Swift really fancied him or could trust him. According to Transfermarkt, he only made one League 2 start last season, and spent most of his time coming off the bench to no real effect.

Graham's small and he's slight and will get pushed around a bit, but he's enthusiastic, game and he's got decent ability and could be an asset for Cowdenbeath. I think he could do quite well in the Lowland League and maybe return to the SPFL in the future if he beefs up a bit. He seems like a smashing boy as well and I hope he can do you a good turn.

£180 for an adult season ticket! That’s how you attract the local support and entice fans to back the team, unlike our board who seem keen to alienate supporters.

Have to say, looking from the outside I’m a bit envious of the feel good factor around Stenny for the upcoming season, us on the other hand are at the other end of the scale.

I've just purchased my season ticket for the year ahead by setting up a standing order of £18 per month for the next 10 months.

Incredible work from the club and its sponsors to keep the prices low and the process as simple as possible. Well done to all concerned!

Got our adult, teen and kid season tickets. As everyone is saying, fantastic value and shows Stenny's genuine commitment to the community. 

The 'stamp collection' incentive for the kids going to the games is brilliant and glad that's continuing this season too. Every fourth stamp they get, they'll get an item of Stenny merch for free. My kids love it. 

49 minutes ago, Francesc Fabregas said:

This tweet, however, has got disaster written all over it:

Looking forward to it getting dragged back up in May when we finish in sixth place, baby!

Nonsense. If you're reading this SFC Twitter admin, go baws oot.

Photoshop a picture of Sean Crighton lifting the league 2 trophy with the caption 'We're Stenhousemuir, we're better than you' below.

Photoshop a picture of Sean Crighton lifting the league 2 trophy with the caption 'We're Stenhousemuir, we're better than you' below.
Oh they are reading alright.

9 hours ago, Vimto90 said:
10 hours ago, Am Featha *****h Nan Clach said:

Oh they are reading alright.

👀

In some ways, being 'proud' to support a club that plays football games once a week is a bit absurd. However, with assisting people in the community during Covid, the mental health work, taking into account the cost of living and speaking out about inclusion and LGBT rights, I do actually feel proud to be a Stenhousemuir supporter.