Stenhousemuir FC - The Warriors - The 2023/24 Thread

1 hour ago, The Moonster said:

", can you tell me one single thing that Cox could say that would justify Tiffoney telling him to kill himself?

While not justifying the reaction, there's plenty of vile things people can say to one another*, what if Cox for example had said that Tiffoney should kill himself? 

The consensus on here seems to be that because Tiffoney is a a wrong un the insult thrown at him has been in relation to his past, it could of course be an entirely different insult, at which point does Tiffoneys past make him fair game for any insult? 

Tiffoney should be sacked for the retort, he seems like an absolute belter and is there any doubt he's said it? any insult thrown at Tiffoney doesn't justify his reaction, however quite rightly Stenhousmuir and the SFA will investigate what Cox is alleged to have said, whatever that is. 

If it is about Tiffoneys horrible crime then I'd hope they'd double down on the wretched c**t. 

*Calling Tiffoney a sex offender isn't one of them though. 

2 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

While not justifying the reaction, there's plenty of vile things people can say to one another*, what if Cox for example had said that Tiffoney should kill himself? 

The consensus on here seems to be that because Tiffoney is a a wrong un the insult thrown at him has been in relation to his past, it could of course be an entirely different insult, at which point does Tiffoneys past make him fair game for any insult? 

Tiffoney should be sacked for the retort, he seems like an absolute belter and is there any doubt he's said it? any insult thrown at Tiffoney doesn't justify his reaction, however quite rightly Stenhousmuir and the SFA will investigate what Cox is alleged to have said, whatever that is. 

If it is about Tiffoneys horrible crime then I'd hope they'd double down on the wretched c**t. 

*Calling Tiffoney a sex offender isn't one of them though. 

I agreed with u up until your last part and basically contradicts ur first point

1 minute ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

I agreed with u up until your last part and basically contradicts ur first point

In the eyes and minds of the public, irrespective of the rehabilitation of offender's act, some character stains simply do not wash out.

Most people's gut reaction is to believe what Cox is saying and think Tiffony is an absolutely horrible wee c**t and should be punished. That's totally fair. It was my first reaction as well. But for people at Stenhousemuir or the SPFL or wherever this go have to investigate this with a pretty open and unbiased mind. That's just the way things have to work.

I didn't know too much about Tiffony's past before this and all in all, he does sound like the horrible b*****d this story makes him out to be. His past doesn't make him fair game for absolutely anything but there's a world of difference between giving him or the likes of Goodwillie pelters for being a beast and what he's supposed to have said to Cox. But also, he does deserve a chance to tell his side of the story and have this looked into without prejudice as much as anyone else would.

41 minutes ago, Falcor Roar said:

"Can you list any protected characteristics you have under the equalities act?"

"Certainly. Sex offender for a start..." 

Is this genuinely not a skit from Brasseye? Seem to remember the paedo episode the bloke was claiming racism.

"Your a 2 pin din plug"

Edited by HeWhoWalksBehindTheRows

2 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

I don't think that's remotely possible given the circumstances of this story. 

Most people's gut reaction is to believe what Cox is saying and think Tiffony is an absolutely horrible wee c**t and should be punished. That's totally fair. It was my first reaction as well. But for people at Stenhousemuir or the SPFL or wherever this go have to investigate this with a pretty open and unbiased mind. That's just the way things have to work.
I didn't know too much about Tiffony's past before this and all in all, he does sound like the horrible b*****d this story makes him out to be. His past doesn't make him fair game for absolutely anything but there's a world of difference between giving him or the likes of Goodwillie pelters for being a beast and what he's supposed to have said to Cox. But also, he does deserve a chance to tell his side of the story and have this looked into without prejudice as much as anyone else would.
Best post so far

The last 3  comments just prove my point. We fall for the sympathy vote. As I've said tiffoney should be punished but we shouldnt be accepting abuse to anyone. But the last 3 comments prove it. Vigilante justice
Not all abuse is the same you fucking roaster

That's what I have said. I'm not meaning two sides to every story in that tiffoneys innocent. Let's be honest its highly unlikely he is innocent. But everyone seems to want to ignore the possibility cox had said anything to him. 
But your last sentence has just confirmed what I've said. It's absolutely irrelevant what Cox has said in the first place. If you don't agree with that please tell me what he could have said to justify a response of 'you should have killed yourself'*

* Paraphrase. Can't mind the exact comment.

2 hours ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

Noone condones what tiffoney done though. But they want to ignore the other half of it. Which is why the daily mail cut the last 20 seconds of his video.

What are the liberal left wing media in this country like eh?

Two aspects of the story stand out, for me.

I don't think it is helpful to guess exactly what was said and what the punishment should be, but it strikes me that there has been a positive response from most, if not all posters, supportive of mental health issues. Go back 20, certainly 30 years, and this would probably not have been the case. 

Perhaps Justin Fashanu's suicide focused minds, the football establishment began to show a shift around the start of this millennium. 

Secondly, but possibly more significantly, David Cox has made a stand. While I've read many times about players who would walk off the park where abuse, often racist, takes place, but rarely do, Cox has announced he's quitting the game. While players show lip service to movements such as BLM, 'Show Racism the Red Card', or down south the FA's Respect programme, Cox has made a stand.

Unfortunately, for all the coverage the affair has had and will get, and maybe because it happened in Scotland's lower tiers, there's likely to be slow or no progress in authentic consideration for each other in football. I hope that's not the case.

When Cox finally left Cowdenbeath even his most loyal defenders there had to admit he was a liability to their club. To get another chance with ARFC should have been appreciated but sitting in a car wearing the ARFC strip with their club badge in full sight and making reference to braking someone’s legs doesn’t reflect the respect he should have for his club, teammates and fans. I’ve no idea if he’s been part of Rovers recent resurgence but I'd be surprised if he’s asked back next season.

As for the other guy, if proven guilty, thrashing the soles of his feet with a bamboo cane seems an adequate punishment.

2 minutes ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

When Cox finally left Cowdenbeath even his most loyal defenders there had to admit he was a liability to their club. To get another chance with ARFC should have been appreciated but sitting in a car wearing the ARFC strip with their club badge in full sight and making reference to braking someone’s legs doesn’t reflect the respect he should have for his club, teammates and fans. I’ve no idea if he’s been part of Rovers recent resurgence but I'd be surprised if he’s asked back next season.

As for the other guy, if proven guilty, thrashing the soles of his feet with a bamboo cane seems an adequate punishment.

Well considering the fact he's retired....