Stenhousemuir FC - The Warriors - The 2023/24 Thread

1 minute ago, Neilly said:

That's just absolute conjecture on your part though. There is no evidence at this stage that Tiffoney has denied anything or he is covering his arse. No one knows what has happened at this stage and all we have to go on is one person's side of events. In any walk of life you have to surely get the whole story before locking him up and throwing away the key so I don't understand why this case is different. You are entitled to have your opinion on it of course but at this stage we have absolutely zero facts to sack a guy.

Let's see what the investigation brings. 

Aye, I was only giving my opinion on what it looks like to me there and I acknowledged that Stenny need to follow procedures. if it turns out Cox has made this all up then I'll take back what I've said about Tiffoney, I just don't think that's at all likely. 

1 minute ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

Well if he made remarks to tiffoney about his crime the  in actual fact he would have committed a crime. I hope he hasnt and as I have said I hope he can get through it and come back to the game.

What crime would Cox be committing?

6 minutes ago, Vimto90 said:

Also not really a hard luck story. Cox has been in the papers twice since Tiffoneys charge with assaulting his ex, no turning up to court & biting a mans ear off. He's certainly no angel that's for sure.

People get tunnel vision with sex offences though & I understand it but I am very uncomfy with the all for David Cox, tiffoney witch hunt I am seeing online.

Did Cox get cleared of beating his ex? I can remember the story from years ago but can't remember the outcome. 

Just now, Hampden Diehard said:

Maybe time to stop posting then rather than stirring it up. You and the Camelon boy aren't coming over well.

Because we are not following the vigilante stance. You are making that sound like we are saying he deserved what he got. We are not saying that at all. People are just seeing what they want to see in the case and wanting vigilante action.

I have had enough of vigilante action with what's happened at camelon

1 minute ago, The Moonster said:

Aye, I was only giving my opinion on what it looks like to me there and I acknowledged that Stenny need to follow procedures. if it turns out Cox has made this all up then I'll take back what I've said about Tiffoney, I just don't think that's at all likely. 

It would be considered a hate crime

He still shouldnt be told to end his life though. That's the point im trying to get through to people. 
Tiffoney has paid for his crime and will have to live with it for the rest of his life so we cant make one rule for one person and one rule for another
Nobody said he should. Deary me.

1 minute ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

It would be considered a hate crime

It's absolutely not a hate crime. Tiffoney being a sex offender isn't a protected characteristic of his identity. I think it's maybe time to take a step back from this debate as you're saying some silly things. 

7 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

I don't think it's likely at all either but a full investigation and all the facts need to be presented that are possible before we can make the decisions we need too. Obviously this is concerning my club but I would have this same opinion whether it was us, Cowdenbeath, Dumbarton or whoever that the whole picture needs to be painted before the club make a decision. I think that's common sense. The mass hysteria to sack Tiffoney without an investigation I find asbolutely baffling and would likely lead to legal litegation against us.

Edited by Neilly

5 minutes ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

Because we are not following the vigilante stance. You are making that sound like we are saying he deserved what he got. We are not saying that at all. People are just seeing what they want to see in the case and wanting vigilante action.

I have had enough of vigilante action with what's happened at camelon

You aren't being pilloried for "not towing the popular line". you're being pilloried by other posters for adopting an ultra aggressive stance and saying outlandish things.

Others have been pretty generous in repeatedly suggesting you step back rather than piling on you, and I suggest you take their advice.

There absolutely needs to be an investigation into who said what and the circumstances of it all before any conclusion is drawn and / or actions taken. Anything before then is just discussion and debate, which isn't to be discouraged in my opinion.

7 minutes ago, Sweet Pete said:

You aren't being pilloried for "not towing the popular line". you're being pilloried by other posters for adopting an ultra aggressive stance and saying outlandish things.

Others have been pretty generous in repeatedly suggesting you step back rather than piling on you, and I suggest you take their advice.

Because its outrageous that tiffoney paid for his crime and should be victimised because of it.

4 minutes ago, Biscuits said:
5 minutes ago, AlanCamelonfan said:
Looking at the hate crime scotland it would be promoting hatred which it clearly has

You're just talking complete shite now

So youd think its acceptable that someone who paid for their crime should be subject to abuse?

A hate crime is a crime exacerbated by also being discriminatory against someone based on age, disability, religion, sexual orientation or transgender identity.

It's got absolutely nothing to do with someone being a registered sex offender.

13 minutes ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

Yes it would

8 minutes ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

Looking at the hate crime scotland it would be promoting hatred which it clearly has

2 minutes ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

So youd think its acceptable that someone who paid for their crime should be subject to abuse?

Are you trolling this thread here or are you just ignoring everything that's being said? 

Whilst I see where you're coming from, I don't really think the two comments are comparable in terms of seriousness - imo, calling a sex offender a sex offender is one thing, but egging a previously suicidal man on to finish the job is a totally different ball game. It's not tit for tat.
Tiffoney, Goodwillie, Lithgow, Thompson etc have committed a gamut of offences and are extremely lucky to be allowed to play football again. I'm not saying they should be called beasts or paedo's as some kind of penance, but they'll be fully aware that their previous actions will result in hatred. They put themselves in the position to be abused, and are fully aware of the consequences. If it's affecting their mental health, they should take a break from the game or perhaps play at a lower level, with less exposure. It's not ideal, but these men know the nature of people.
David Cox has done nothing wrong other than being an aggressive player that suffers from serious mental health issues. He should be welcomed and encouraged to play the game. Comments about his previous attempted suicide should be off the table, full stop.
Comfortably the best post on the thread and exactly my thinking but wouldn't be able to articulate it this well.

Much like what Tiffoney is doing, it's quite shocking to see folk on here (though in a round about way) effectively giving it the 'aye but he called me a sex offender though'.