Stenhousemuir FC - The Warriors - The 2023/24 Thread

Put yourself in Tiffoney's shoes here. You've just told a suicidal man to kill himself and it has forced that player to retire from football with immediate effect. You are then questioned on what you've said. Do you;
A) Hold your hands up and say "aye, I'm really sorry, it was a stupid thing for me to say and I shouldn't have said it, I apologise to David"
B) Say that Cox said something horrible to try and justify the horrific shit you've come away with.
Tiffoney has previous for being a bawbag over a series of issues, obviously an investigation needs to be carried out but given David Cox has been banging on about mental health for years I would be entirely surprised if he'd said anything as horrible as telling a player to go and kill themselves. For the folk saying "we need to know what was said from both players", can you tell me one single thing that Cox could say that would justify Tiffoney telling him to kill himself?
There is no justifiable reason to say anything personal or as vile as that on a football pitch or anywhere for that matter .

However it is easy for us to say that sitting here typing calmly (well most of us)

When adrenaline starts flowing and someone says something that strikes a chord people can say some terrible things, it's not right but it happens.

I dare say anyone is capable of saying something awful in the heat of battle that they normally wouldn't say, though in tiffoney's case I do think he is a loathsome individual and would rather he was away from my club.

8 minutes ago, Biscuits said:
27 minutes ago, AlanCamelonfan said:
Yes it is. Noone deserves to be harassed or bullied at work. So youd be quite happy for tiffoney to have mental health problems. He did something stupidni could understand the case if he had raped her without consent but that wasnt what happened. 

Just stop typing. You're a fuckin moron

Likewise fucking idiot

Yes it is. Noone deserves to be harassed or bullied at work. So youd be quite happy for tiffoney to have mental health problems. He did something stupidni could understand the case if he had raped her without consent but that wasnt what happened. 
Consensual rape > non consensual rape?

Glad that's cleared up then.

6 minutes ago, Rob1885 said:
28 minutes ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

jesus christ, log off before you say anything else heinous.

The last 3  comments just prove my point. We fall for the sympathy vote. As I've said tiffoney should be punished but we shouldnt be accepting abuse to anyone. But the last 3 comments prove it. Vigilante justice

8 minutes ago, Rob1885 said:
30 minutes ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

jesus christ, log off before you say anything else heinous.

The last 3  comments just prove my point. We fall for the sympathy vote. As I've said tiffoney should be punished but we shouldnt be accepting abuse to anyone. But the last 3 comments prove it vigilante justice

2 minutes ago, Vimto90 said:

There is no justifiable reason to say anything personal or as vile as that on a football pitch or anywhere for that matter .

However it is easy for us to say that sitting here typing calmly (well most of us)

When adrenaline starts flowing and someone says something that strikes a chord people can say some terrible things, it's not right but it happens.

I dare say anyone is capable of saying something awful in the heat of battle that they normally wouldn't say, though in tiffoney's case I do think he is a loathsome individual and would rather he was away from my club.

I think most people understand folk say things they don't mean when adrenaline is flowing, and I think if Tiffoney had said that after the game then this could all be sorted quite quickly. He appears to be denying it/blaming Cox for saying something to him. It reeks of Tiffoney trying to cover his arse for me. Stenny are a good club though and I have faith they'll deal with it properly, you and others are entirely correct to point out that Stenny need to follow procedures here. 

3 minutes ago, WullieBroonIsGod said:

Consensual rape > non consensual rape?

Glad that's cleared up then.

I'm not saying what he did was right but he was punished within the law. Hed had his time on the sex offenders register. I believe their is an act that requires rehabilitation of offenders

1 minute ago, The Moonster said:

I think most people understand folk say things they don't mean when adrenaline is flowing, and I think if Tiffoney had said that after the game then this could all be sorted quite quickly. He appears to be denying it/blaming Cox for saying something to him. It reeks of Tiffoney trying to cover his arse for me. Stenny are a good club though and I have faith they'll deal with it properly, you and others are entirely correct to point out that Stenny need to follow procedures here. 

I may have missed this. Where did he deny it? The statement said their was a counter claim nothing of him denying it

The last 3  comments just prove my point. We fall for the sympathy vote. As I've said tiffoney should be punished but we shouldnt be accepting abuse to anyone. But the last 3 comments prove it. Vigilante justice
The sympathy vote?

You really have no idea about mental health do you? For him to be as vocal and public as he is about his own health issues takes unbelievable courage.

Obviously in the premiership forum we have to put up with rangers and celtic fans and the issues they bring. But I don't think any of them come close to the uneducated and ignorant views that you seem to have.

2 minutes ago, Biscuits said:

The sympathy vote?

You really have no idea about mental health do you? For him to be as vocal and public as he is about his own health issues takes unbelievable courage.

Obviously in the premiership forum we have to put up with rangers and celtic fans and the issues they bring. But I don't think any of them come close to the uneducated and ignorant views that you seem to have.

I have no idea of course I know how hard it is. I wanted to throw myself in the canal when my relationship broke down so dont you ever ever say that I dont know about mental health you fucking c**t.

The difference is I know I'm no angel. I make the mistakes same as anyone else. So I fully get how hard it would be for him. My point is we dont make it as an excuse. Two wrongs dont make a right. I have said countless times tiffoney should be dealt with but people are so desperate to like a hard luck story they ignore what's their. Tiffoney made a counter allegation which needs to be treated with the same importance as David's. 

1 minute ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

I may have missed this. Where did he deny it? The statement said their was a counter claim nothing of him denying it

There was a post earlier that suggested Cox had said Tiffoney denied he said it when confronted about it at the time. 

2 minutes ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

I'm not saying what he did was right but he was punished within the law. Hed had his time on the sex offenders register. I believe their is an act that requires rehabilitation of offenders

The abuse he gets is a consequence of his actions. He carried out a crime that people find disgusting and has a job that puts him in the public eye, even makes him a role model for young kids. He needs to deal with the consequences of his actions - that doesn't mean we don't offer him mental health support or any other kind of support but if he hadn't committed the crime none of this would be forthcoming. David Cox has committed no crime. He is being goaded into ending his life. You're trying to equate these situations and it's honestly wild. 

Also not really a hard luck story. Cox has been in the papers twice since Tiffoneys charge with assaulting his ex, no turning up to court & biting a mans ear off. He's certainly no angel that's for sure.

People get tunnel vision with sex offences though & I understand it but I am very uncomfy with the all for David Cox, tiffoney witch hunt I am seeing online.

4 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

That's just absolute conjecture on your part though. There is no evidence at this stage that Tiffoney has denied anything or he is covering his arse. No one knows what has happened at this stage and all we have to go on is one person's side of events. In any walk of life you have to surely get the whole story before locking him up and throwing away the key so I don't understand why this case is different. You are entitled to have your opinion on it of course but at this stage we have absolutely zero facts to sack a guy.

Let's see what the investigation brings. 

2 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

There was a post earlier that suggested Cox had said Tiffoney denied he said it when confronted about it at the time. 

The abuse he gets is a consequence of his actions. He carried out a crime that people find disgusting and has a job that puts him in the public eye, even makes him a role model for young kids. He needs to deal with the consequences of his actions - that doesn't mean we don't offer him mental health support or any other kind of support but if he hadn't committed the crime none of this would be forthcoming. David Cox has committed no crime. He is being goaded into ending his life. You're trying to equate these situations and it's honestly wild. 

Well if he made remarks to tiffoney about his crime the  in actual fact he would have committed a crime. I hope he hasnt and as I have said I hope he can get through it and come back to the game.

1 hour ago, Vimto90 said:
1 hour ago, NELLY said:
TIFFONEY IS A DESPICABLE HUMAN BEING. END OF.

Case closed then. Glad that's all been sorted. The caps really hit the point home.

CHEERS. GLAD ITS HIT THE POINT.

Edited by NELLY

3 minutes ago, Vimto90 said:

Also not really a hard luck story. Cox has been in the papers twice since Tiffoneys charge with assaulting his ex, no turning up to court & biting a mans ear off. He's certainly no angel that's for sure.

People get tunnel vision with sex offences though & I understand it but I am very uncomfy with the all for David Cox, tiffoney witch hunt I am seeing online.

He still shouldnt be told to end his life though. That's the point im trying to get through to people. 

Tiffoney has paid for his crime and will have to live with it for the rest of his life so we cant make one rule for one person and one rule for another

5 minutes ago, Vimto90 said:

Maybe time to stop posting then rather than stirring it up. You and the Camelon boy aren't coming over well.