Stenhousemuir FC - The Warriors - The 2023/24 Thread

3 minutes ago, beaver1 said:

Weather looks good for postponements this week. What happens now?

Obviously never been taken into consideration.  Someone will probably come up with the idea of playing every night!  Why have the authorities not been questioned about the 7pm kick off tomorrow because of European football - these clowns could not run a piss up in a brewery.

Horrible, horrible season just wish it was over.

Here's an explanation from the SPFL website:

Clubs now have until 23 April to complete 18 fixtures. If this is met by all clubs in each division, the post-split fixtures will then be published. If any clubs are unable to complete their 18 fixtures by 23 April, then the post-split fixture dates for that division will be used to ensure that every club has completed 18 matches by 6 May, in time for participation in the promotion and relegation playoffs.

This is a weird period where every player within our squad will be called upon and there'll have to be a lot of rotation. Paddy Martin is the only player likely to be a permanent fixture. When everyone's fit and available we've got a solid starting XI but beyond that it's untested youngsters and we're already seeing what happens when just one or two of our senior players are absent. We went into the match against Kilmarnock with a back five and not one of them was a recognised centre-back!

It's been a terrible season in so many different ways but if we can take maximum points from Brechin City and Cowdenbeath, two of the worst sides in the division, that should give push us away from any danger of relegation and lead us to a sixth-place finish, baby!

• 2 weeks later...

With Stenhousemuir consigned to a bottom-half finish following this evening's thrashing at Stranraer, serious questions must be asked about the future of Davie Irons. Even allowing for the pandemic and the challenges it has created, the failure to even come close to challenging for the top four is unacceptable. Our squad is expensively assembled and he has failed to get the best out of them. I'm sorry to say I have little faith in his ability to take the team forward for next term.

Who cares. Just get me back into the mix which is what supporting a club like ours is all about.

We won 2-0 Tuesday, lost 4-0 the night and could not be any less bothered about either.

Goes for opinions on management. DI or Daffy Duck, couldn't care less & doubt I will till we are back properly.

We are rotten and have been for a long time. I have zero faith in Irons ability to build and motivate a team. Complete overhaul required. Again.

I listened to his interview after the Elgin game. Was the Ryan Blair he was describing the same guy who has been wearing the no 6 shirt all season?

A garbage season for sure but it just has evoked no emotion from me at all and anyone I go to the games with has the same feeling.

I'll not be that fussed who is in charge next season as long as we are at the games to see it. That's the be all and end all of supporting the clubs we do.

I scratch my head and wonder how armchair fans can sit in pubs up and down the country and "support" their teams in that manner. It's soulless, there's no connection to anything that's going on and let's hope it never happens again.

Though that Ryan Blair, last night,  justified the comments that Irons has been making about him!  If Irons cannot see that he has been rank rotten then his time is up.  Halleron and McGuigan will probably be on their way out if their contracts are up. Neither has been given a chance by Irons. How he thought that Spence was better than MCGuigan is anyone's guess.

From watching the highlights last night did not realise that since the opening game of the season we have only scored three times in away games.

Beaver's comment above is absolutely spot on but will probably count for nothing as I expect Irons to be here next season.

A garbage season for sure but it just has evoked no emotion from me at all and anyone I go to the games with has the same feeling.
I'll not be that fussed who is in charge next season as long as we are at the games to see it. That's the be all and end all of supporting the clubs we do.
I scratch my head and wonder how armchair fans can sit in pubs up and down the country and "support" their teams in that manner. It's soulless, there's no connection to anything that's going on and let's hope it never happens again.

Hit the nail on the head 100% Neilly, this has been anything but a fun season for those that love to go to the football on an almost weekly basis. Just don’t get these armchair fans.

Nathan Blockley caught up as a mule in a cross border money laundering operation. 

STV news

A former Scots footballer was a ‘mule’ in a cross-border money laundering operation.

Nathan Blockley, 28, was snared withdrawing £6500 of fraudulent funds on November 27, 2018.  The ex-Airdrie and Peterhead midfielder – once red-carded for a tackle on then Rangers star Joey Barton – had been under police surveillance in Operation Influence.

The probe involved people known as “mules” using their bank accounts to store dirty money by a third party.

The “mule” would then withdraw the money, buy goods and then keep some of the cash for themselves.

On Friday, Blockley pleaded guilty at Glasgow Sheriff Court to acquiring or possessing criminal property. He also admitted withdrawing the cash from his bank account which contained criminal property.  Prosecutor Tanjeel Maleque said: “A transaction took place on November 27, 2018 in which the sum of £6500 was passed into the bank account (of Blockley)  “Police intelligence found this was fraudulently obtained from North Yorkshire.  Blockley was arrested later that day by police.

Paul Sutherland, defending, told the court the crime came as a result of Blockley’s addiction to cocaine.  The lawyer added: “His background report explains his position he finds himself in which is the catalyst for the offending.  “He knows without people such as himself organised crime and drug dealing cannot function.”

Sheriff Jonathan Guy tagged Blockley for 81 days, keeping him indoors between 7pm and 7am.

On Thursdays and Sundays, the order changes from 10pm to 7am due to Blockley attending drug counselling.

The sheriff also put Blockley, of the city’s Carntyne, under supervision for 12 months.  He said: “You pled guilty to serious charges and your lawyer quite rightly accepts and highlights the connection of the offences have to serious organised crime  “The court treats these matters seriously.”

Davie Irons' departure has been confirmed:

https://www.stenhousemuirfc.com/2021/04/20/our-thanks-to-departing-davie-irons/

This is the right decision, on the whole. I don't think he's taken the club any further forward than we were when he took over and the failure to finish in the top half of the table this season has been a big black mark against him. I believe we have a group of players who are capable of challenging for the play-off places but that hasn't been the case. If you want to go back a bit further, he was also in charge of the worst result in my time as a supporter, the Scottish Cup defeat to Penicuik Athletic.

I like him a lot, he's a smashing guy, and he was very good in his first spell at Ochilview but it hasn't worked out this time around.