Stenhousemuir FC - The Warriors - The 2023/24 Thread

Saw Blaney a few times for the development team in Europe, scored against Dortmund and Molde and looked like one of our better players.

Pretty big in stature, can’t see him getting bullied, good reader of the game but also decent at bringing the ball out, hopefully does well for you, will be keeping an eye out for him.

21 minutes ago, iateallthepies said:

Excuse my ignorance  but whatever  happened  to Mark McGuigan.

Mark "Mr Goals" McGuigan left Stenhousemuir in the summer of 2021 and joined East Fife, but he retired 10 days later to study a PhD. He's combining his studies with coaching Celtic's youth players.

Ahoy Stenny fans

As much as I'm sure those of you that remember this game don't want to, the new episode of my podcast East End Tales takes a look back at the mad 4-5 game we played against you in 2013. There's, as you'd expect, mostly Pars chat but we do at least look at the Stenny line up. Actually wished we'd talked more about Ochilview as an away day as it's always been one of my favourites. 

For any Stenny saddists: https://www.buzzsprout.com/1972630/12386572

I hadn't noticed Will Sewell had re-signed with Largs. Bit of a shame that one, always nice when a player steps up and I thought he had scored a few goals (without being privy to how his all round performances were).

What prompted the move? Was it just a case of needing to move him on to bring Gavin Reilly in?

I liked Sewell but probably is still a wee bit away from being a regular starter and goal scorer at league two level. The jump from Largs is massive but he made a decent fist of it. I wouldn't have minded him staying for the second year with another pre-season behind him and seeing how he got on but Gary obviously didn't fancy him much. He would tend to do well off the bench for 20 minute, start and do nothing so was benched again and this pattern didn't look like breaking anytime soon.

Reilly has looked sharp so far which probably gave Will little chance of game time. Hopefully he can get the chance again at league level he seemed a decent lad and worked hard. Not sure how true it is but heard we got most/all of the fee from Largs so nothing venture, nothing gained for ourselves.

I'll use this post to add my congratulations to Gary Naysmith and Matty Yates as MOTM and POTM for the division. Gary has been a revelation at the club along with Bomber. The board have taken a bit of stick over the years with managerial appointments but I don't think they could have got this anymore correct. The best team to carry us forward, long may it continue.

Amazing revelations on the Undr the Cosh podcast from former Stenny striker Colin Cramb, talking about his and John Paul McBride red cards against Berwick Rangers.

https://sendvid.com/i1ndv5xb

www.youtube.com/@DerekTaylor84

16 hours ago, derektaylor84 said:

Amazing revelations on the Undr the Cosh podcast from former Stenny striker Colin Cramb, talking about his and John Paul McBride red cards against Berwick Rangers.

Absolutely disgusted by this. Basically the fans and club have been cheated by a couple of shysters.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/former-celtic-starlet-john-paul-4320296

I am sure that there was another Cramb incident at Berwick where he was either substituted or not playing but elected to spend the afternoon in the club watching the horse racing.

The interviewer should also have asked Shire fans about the incident where money went missing from the changing rooms.

22 hours ago, derektaylor84 said:

This story simply isn't true. Colin Cramb was never sent off against Berwick Rangers across his five appearances. Neither was John Paul McBride.

We did draw 0-0 with Berwick that season (the play-off semi-final second leg) but Cramb didn't play in that match - he'd been suspended by the club at this point. Cramb also says Berwick went straight up that season; they didn't, they lost to Alloa Athletic in the final.

Cramb's talking absolute shite here.

16 hours ago, Francesc Fabregas said:

Cramb's talking absolute shite here.

Correct but why would you make yourself out to be a complete arse. Surely he did not think the shite he blethered was going to impress anyone?

Vaguely recall the incident that Elric was talking about.