Stenhousemuir FC - The Warriors - The 2023/24 Thread

15 hours ago, Nigel Blackwell said:

I see we have signed Jordon Lowdon from Annan. A left back. Must admit, I think Yates has struggled this season, so on the face of it this is a good signing. He’s a pretty established player at this level so I am a bit surprised Annan have let him go.

He’s a decent player 

21 hours ago, Nigel Blackwell said:

I see we have signed Jordon Lowdon from Annan. A left back. Must admit, I think Yates has struggled this season, so on the face of it this is a good signing. He’s a pretty established player at this level so I am a bit surprised Annan have let him go.

I think this is a decent signing for us, experienced at this level and has good feet but disagree about Yeats. I think Calum is prone to a couple of errors defensively but his work rate and link up play with O'Reilly on the overlap can be effective and nice to watch. Schoelsy is up and down the pitch all game and we need that effort. 

Having previously brought in dud full-backs from BSC Glasgow and East Kilbride, I thought signing someone from Airdrieonians would represent a big step up in quality; I was wrong. Scott Walker was dozy on the ball, weak defensively, and your heart sunk when he was in the starting XI or coming off the bench. As Nigel Blackwell says, his half-hearted attempt to stop Finlay Gray scoring in the Dumbarton game will be what he's best remembered for. I wish him well and hope he does Cowdenbeath a turn.

Fair play to Stephen Swift, for every one useful player he brought in, there are about 15 other dumplings. For someone who was a decent full-back during his playing career, he couldn't sign a good one if he tried.

Edited by Francesc Fabregas

10 hours ago, Francesc Fabregas said:

Niyah Joseph has signed for East Stirlingshire.

Fair play to him, I predicted he'd pitch up at Cumbernauld Colts, so I wasn't too far off!

My wee lad was pleased as punch to get Joseph’s match jersey from the old fella who sponsored his kit at the game on Saturday. Made his day. 👍

52 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

Played you lot in a bounce game the other night, got any information on that?

Apparently it finished 2-2, with Euan O'Reilly and Adam Brown scoring for the Warriors. I've no idea what the teams were but it was only 40 minutes each half, for some reason.

3 hours ago, Francesc Fabregas said:

A question for @CEMSFC - will there be extended highlights of the Dumbarton match? Or is the goals-only video our lot?

We're currently looking for someone to join the media team to take on the WarriorsTV side of things. Until then, it'll be key moments only (i.e. goals, red cards). 

On 05/02/2023 at 15:32, CEMSFC said:

We're currently looking for someone to join the media team to take on the WarriorsTV side of things. Until then, it'll be key moments only (i.e. goals, red cards). 

I know there are lots of vital volunteers that help out in Scottish football but you should really be paying someone for that.

Any club who puts out what is a probably at least a 5 hour part-time job at the weekend as a volunteer role gets my irrational hate.