Stenhousemuir FC - The Warriors - The 2023/24 Thread

2 hours ago, Gall09 said:

Formartine 7/5 tomorrow. Worth a bet? 

As a Stenny fan, nae chance Warriors all the way.

Realist, that's worth a gamble. 

You probably know that we're in s***e form and confidence will be low, so Formartine have a decent chance. They're doing no bad in the HL but are a point behind a 'Broch team, that we've already beat this season. 

23 minutes ago, Old Fashioned Stramash said:

As a Stenny fan, nae chance Warriors all the way.

Realist, that's worth a gamble. 

You probably know that we're in s***e form and confidence will be low, so Formartine have a decent chance. They're doing no bad in the HL but are a point behind a 'Broch team, that we've already beat this season. 

Having just checked the form guide I didn’t realise it was as bad as that. 4 points from the last 6 games? 😬

I took yous for the league this season! 

We've been turned over and embarrassed by non-league opposition in the past - Preston Athletic, Threave Rovers and East Kilbride spring to mind - so it's not outwith the realms of possibility and given how poorly we've looked in recent weeks, especially against Stranraer and Bonnyrigg Rose, Formartine should be coming into today's match with nothing to fear.

That said, I would be very disappointed if we lose today.

3 hours ago, Francesc Fabregas said:

We've been turned over and embarrassed by non-league opposition in the past - Preston Athletic, Threave Rovers and East Kilbride spring to mind - so it's not outwith the realms of possibility and given how poorly we've looked in recent weeks, especially against Stranraer and Bonnyrigg Rose, Formartine should be coming into today's match with nothing to fear.

That said, I would be very disappointed if we lose today.

You'd expect Swift to get his P45 on the bus home, if we were to lose. Surely there's no way of coming back from that?

Sort of result and performance which, if it had come on the back of a 6 game winning run we would have called it a “professional performance”. It was no win game yesterday and we did well enough. Still we don’t know what to do when we go one up - the answer is, continue attacking,  by the way.

Move on to another tough away game next week.

23 minutes ago, Francesc Fabregas said:

We've been drawn at home to Livingston in the fourth round of the Scottish Cup.

This is a terrible tie - we'll be comfortably beaten in front of 700-odd fans. A waste of everyone's time. What a disappointment.

To be fair, if it's reasonably priced I can see a decent number (by our standards) making it through. Not a far journey and the novelty of an away day we won't likely get in the near future again. I think we took 700-800 to Hearts in the Scottish Cup last season. 

Not the same income that you'd get from a Motherwell or the likes but more than someone like Ross County would bring. 

Edited by ATLIS