Stenhousemuir FC - The Warriors - The 2023/24 Thread

Success in these leagues while there may have been exceptions generally come from just doing the basics right, Part Time training being "fun" & something to look forward to but by his own words it looks like we are doing lots of data/video analysis which clearly isn't working.

I think you are spot on with the basics in this league, especially when its as close as it is now

Paul Martin had huge success with an Albion Rovers squad who outperformed themselves, simply by making them have a bigger team spirit than everyone else and not conceding too many goals,

No video analysis or data just stop the other team scoring then grab a goal or two at the other end

What's the feeling after today then? Temporary uplift or signs of improvement? 

Got to admit, I was a bit surprised at the switch to 3-5-2 and more surprised that Corbett wasn't in that back 3. Another formation change and change of tactic that doesn't favour O'Reilly. 

I'll happily take the 3 points though. Hope we can build on it.

All the very best to Craig Bryson - I wish him well in the next stage of his career.

I wonder how his wage will be reinvested in the squad? We're now light in the middle of the park, so I imagine we'll be recruiting a direct replacement and, as always, I'd like to see us bring in someone to play on the right wing.

On 03/06/2022 at 21:08, Sweet Pete said:

Bryson is made of chocolate, but on paper a very good signing and generally Stenny seem to be putting together a decent squad. As Francesc Fabregas said, signings like that at this level usually go one of two ways; great success or abject failure with very little middle ground usually.

Who had 8 games in the sweep?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Kelheart said:

f**k knows how he’s gone to you guys but best of luck to Ross , quality player and no less than a 7 or 8 out of 10 every time he steps on the pitch , bizarre move by us imo , got a good one Stenny 

This is good to hear. Whereabouts does he play? Am I right in saying he can play in the middle, wide on the right and at right-back?

4 hours ago, Francesc Fabregas said:

This is good to hear. Whereabouts does he play? Am I right in saying he can play in the middle, wide on the right and at right-back?

Ross would play in goals if needed 😂, good at right back but wasted there much better in midfield imo but basically anywhere at the back or midfield very versatile 

We've signed Liam Brown on loan from Queen's Park until the end of the season.

I don't want to get too carried away but, on paper at least, this is a sensational piece of business. He's one of the best central midfielders in the lower leagues and should stick out a mile.

Brown is an excellent player, and he's more then capable of playing in the Championship. He's just been a little unfortunate this season because he doesn't really fit well into our current system.

I think this is a good move for everyone involved. If he's played in a more advanced role then he'll give defenders at that level an absolutely torrid time. Hope he does well.