Stenhousemuir FC - The Warriors - The 2023/24 Thread

Here's an updated squad list following tonight's business:

GOALKEEPERS

• Conor Brennan (signed from East Kilbride)
  • Jay Cantley (signed from Airdrieonians)

DEFENDERS

• Adam Corbett
  • Sean Crighton
  • Daniel Higgins (signed from East Fife)
  • Nicky Jamieson
  • Scott Walker (signed from Airdrieonians)
  • Callum Yeats (signed from Queen's Park - on loan)

MIDFIELDERS

• Mikey Anderson
  • Adam Brown
  • Craig Bryson (signed from St Johnstone)
  • Ross Forbes
  • Mikey Miller (signed from Ayr United - loan made permanent)
  • Nat Wedderburn

FORWARDS

• Niyah Joseph (signed from Queen of the South)
  • Euan O'Reilly
  • Tam Orr
  • Will Sewell (signed from Largs Thistle)
  • Matty Yates (signed from Stranraer)

1 minute ago, Am Featha *****h Nan Clach said:

Not a player I've heard of or know anything about. A quick check of his credentials suggests he'll be a decent enough versatile squad player. Would have preferred if he'd been a left back who could play right back rather than the other way around.

There's just no pleasing you, is there!

We must only be one player (a right-sided attacker) away from completing our squad for the year ahead. That'll take us to 20 and give us the quality, depth and versatility we need.

I wonder who's available? His name has been mentioned elsewhere in this thread but Hibernian's Joao Balde intrigues me!

We're talking on Albion Rovers at home on the first day of the season. The Vers are a side we did pretty well against last term, winning three and drawing the other, and this is a good opportunity for us to make a positive start to the campaign!

34 minutes ago, Number seven said:

Is Declan Hughes any good.Signed for Bo’ness United I hear.

Not particularly, no. Declan Hughes was one of the "BSC lot" Stephen Swift recruited en masse from his former club. I felt he had a bit about him and had some talent with the ball at his feet but he was too slow and immobile for the SPFL and of no use without possession, especially when play transitioned.  He had issues with injuries and his overall fitness and didn't feature at all for Stenhousemuir in 2022.

Hughes might do Bo'ness United a decent turn, if he can get himself in decent shape. Good luck to him.

On 15/06/2022 at 11:41, Francesc Fabregas said:

I've just purchased my season ticket for the year ahead by setting up a standing order of £18 per month for the next 10 months.

Incredible work from the club and its sponsors to keep the prices low and the process as simple as possible. Well done to all concerned!

That’s great value and being able to pay your season ticket up monthly is a brilliant initiative. A lot of people don’t have the money to hand over in a oner.

Fair play 👏