Stenhousemuir FC - The Warriors - The 2023/24 Thread

Fantastic signings, good work done by the club. 

Impressed by the Bryson signing, bit of a coup.

Seen Sewell a couple of times last season. He is a bit of a menace, full of running, fast and with a habit of being in the right place at the right time. Should be a good signing, he's capable. Much better than Tierney anyway.

Matty Yates is an exciting signing. Was superb against us last season.

11 hours ago, Pollok mad said:

While his goalscoring record is very good, I'm pretty sure the twitter admin made a mistake because he has 100% played more than 19 games this season

Yeah I think it has just been a bit lazy from the media team and they have plucked it from the Largs website. If you look at their stats page he has 19 appearances but if you look at the whole squad that is the most out of any player so obviously they just stopped updating the stats at some point (the top appearance maker of a whole squad isn't going to be 19 in a 38 game league season for starters). A quick spot check would show he was involved in pretty much every game so will be nearer 40 appearances in all competitions but still an impressive goal tally. Looks like he started the season coming on as a sub but once established has went tonto. 

Too busy doing the sexy stuff the auld media team. I'll let them off I suppose due to the delirium after those signings.

Edited by Neilly

Craig Bryson has been available for about 8 weeks in the past year. We were getting told from what seemed like February onwards that he was nearly back. Callum Davidson was bizarrely even talking about him coming back in for our final few pivotal games.

On the face of it, with games of such magnitude, that would have seemed like a new level of managerial incompetence even for him to throw in a player that had barely played all season but the sad fact is that Bryson would probably still have been an improvement on the options we did have.

I think he both has a business outside of football and a motivation towards fitness and healthy living, so part-time football might see Stenhousemuir able to milk the last little bit out of those old legs. 

11 hours ago, Old Fashioned Stramash said:

Fantastic signings, good work done by the club. 

Impressed by the Bryson signing, bit of a coup.

Seen Sewell a couple of times last season. He is a bit of a menace, full of running, fast and with a habit of being in the right place at the right time. Should be a good signing, he's capable. Much better than Tierney anyway.

Matty Yates is an exciting signing. Was superb against us last season.

I’m not sure it is to be honest, there is a reason he is dropping this far down. He may prove me wrong but I’m not sure he’s the difference maker you are looking for, and that is purely down to his ability to stay fit.

25 minutes ago, AberhillEnd said:

Hope he turns out better for you than Swanson did for us.

These type of signings are always a gamble.

The difference between Bryson and Swanson is their fitness. Bryson whilst injury prone is still a fit athletic player who’s looked after himself. Swanson was never going to keep himself in shape, he’s just not that way inclined. 

I suspect Bryson will be a decent signing, if you get 20/25 games out of him for the season his influence will show, but that’s a big if. 

Guest AberhillEnd
11 minutes ago, Widge said:

The difference between Bryson and Swanson is their fitness. Bryson whilst injury prone is still a fit athletic player who’s looked after himself. Swanson was never going to keep himself in shape, he’s just not that way inclined. 

I suspect Bryson will be a decent signing, if you get 20/25 games out of him for the season his influence will show, but that’s a big if. 

Fair point 

1 hour ago, Pyramid Watcher said:

I’m not sure it is to be honest, there is a reason he is dropping this far down. He may prove me wrong but I’m not sure he’s the difference maker you are looking for, and that is purely down to his ability to stay fit.

Of course, not going to get carried away. We've seen it a few times before and as we know, there's  always the risk having of having a pro, who drops down so many leagues. They can lose interest and turn out to be half arsed at best, whilst on their spiral downwards into becoming another lower league jobber. 

However, we've got to be positive with the prospect of what he could still do at this level. His goals from midfield could be vital, if we can keep him on the pitch and I'm hoping he'll have a big influence off the pitch too. Still a coup regardless if he's fit, not often a player of his playing history turns up at Ochilview. 

Hi guys. It’s us, Dumbarton football club.

I remember last time we were relegated to this league, you were giving it big licks about winning the title and you finished even below us.

All the best.

Edited by FifeSons

1 minute ago, Am Featha *****h Nan Clach said:

I think we overcame that disappointment by winning the playoffs and gaining promotion.

Aye, and we overcome it by winning the league.

Dirty Cowdenbeath still managed to steal their way up though.

6 minutes ago, Am Featha *****h Nan Clach said:

Delighted to engage in some Warriors Dumbo P&B manfactured beef. Your card is marked FifeSons!

I'm absolutely up for re-igniting the mid noughties Sons-Stenny beef! Only issue is we'll be flirting with the bad playoff while you're at the other end of the table.

Last beef I had on here was with @1320Lichtie and he decided to go big time in the Championship, the big smokie fanny!

Edited by FifeSons

Just now, FifeSons said:

I'm absolutely up for re-igniting the mid noughties Sons-Stenny beef! Only issue is we'll be fliting with the bad playoff while you're at the other end of the table.

Last beef I had on here was with @1320Lichtie and he decided to go big time in the Championship, the big smokie fanny!

Fisticuffs outside the Rock Bowling Club/The Crown upon our first league meeting.

2 minutes ago, Am Featha *****h Nan Clach said:

Fisticuffs outside the Rock Bowling Club/The Crown upon our first league meeting.

Sadly I'm based in London and boycotting the Rock until Farrell is gone. 

I'll come up for the game at Stenny, purely for Tim Horton's, so pencil fisticuffs in for then!

8 hours ago, FifeSons said:

I'm absolutely up for re-igniting the mid noughties Sons-Stenny beef! Only issue is we'll be flirting with the bad playoff while you're at the other end of the table.

🤣 

I cannot remember this and only have love for you now FifeSons x