Stenhousemuir FC - The Warriors - The 2023/24 Thread

On 30/03/2022 at 18:24, Vimto90 said:
On 30/03/2022 at 18:12, tamthebam said:
You've been conned.. it's Pat Scullion :whistle

The patter merchant is back

To paraphrase your goading of the Blue Brazilians: enjoy 5th. 

Without commenting much on the previous two weirdos, we were fantastic yesterday. 

Could and should have won that by three or four goals. Euan O'Reilly showed we are in possession of the biggest weapon in the league when on form.

Great stuff really sometimes you don't get what you deserve. That's football. We go again.

Sore one but we will be fine play off wise if we play anything like that second 45.

Unreal we never scored second half. I still fancy us to get 4th and if that is what we are up against then promotion is on big time .

1 hour ago, Neilly said:

Without commenting much on the previous two weirdos, we were fantastic yesterday. 

Could and should have won that by three or four goals. Euan O'Reilly showed we are in possession of the biggest weapon in the league when on form.

Great stuff really sometimes you don't get what you deserve. That's football. We go again.

Neilly your assessment of the game prob quite right.My pal said you could probably have won by 5 or 6.But u know what , it's been a joyous day for the Galabankies.Will we see you in playoffs ?

1 hour ago, Vimto90 said:

Sore one but we will be fine play off wise if we play anything like that second 45.

Unreal we never scored second half. I still fancy us to get 4th and if that is what we are up against then promotion is on big time .

If you do manage to get by Ed.City cannot see you beating Dumbarton

4 hours ago, the philosopher said:

Neilly your assessment of the game prob quite right.My pal said you could probably have won by 5 or 6.But u know what , it's been a joyous day for the Galabankies.Will we see you in playoffs ?

As the weeks pass and we continue to squander chance after chance I think we are going to struggle to get in but for sure we are in a good place next season if we do stay in this league with the likes of O'Reilly and Jamieson already tied up.

4 hours ago, the philosopher said:

If you do manage to get by Ed.City cannot see you beating Dumbarton

I disagree. I look at their team and would probably take Carswell and McLean and no one else. Similar to when we sneaked up last time on fourth I would be more than confident we actually go up as we look a better team than Forfar and Annan when playing them and the 9th place team from above look very weak.

I still can't believe we didn't win yesterday. In the second half alone, we had nine superb chances to score - Robert Thomson's overhead kick that hit the post, his effort that was cleared off the line, four outstanding balls from Euan O' Reilly hung up at the back post, Ross Forbes' injury-time knucklepuck shot and Sean Crighton's attempt at the follow up - but we didn't take advantage of them and it's another missed opportunity. We've collected two points from our last five matches and time is running out if we want to overtake this faltering Edinburgh City side.

I've long thought that we'll get promoted if we finish in the top four - we've won five out of seven of our encounters with Annan Athletic and Forfar Athletic this season and Dumbarton, who look likely to finish in ninth place in League 1, are a garbage outfit - but we've squandered so many chances to get into the play-offs!

Let's hope that O'Reilly starts every game between now and the end of the season and James Lyon is never seen in a Stenhousemuir shirt again.

Enough chances today to win several games. Really hard to take but the plus side is watching O'Reilly, when on form he is a joy to watch. James Lyon - too lightweight, tried but failed.

Going to be a nail biter for the next few weeks but we have the talent to do it if we just get the breaks.

3 hours ago, Francesc Fabregas said:

I've long thought that we'll get promoted if we finish in the top four - we've won five out of seven of our encounters with Annan Athletic and Forfar Athletic this season and Dumbarton, who look likely to finish in ninth place in League 1, are a garbage outfit - but we've squandered so many chances to get into the play-offs!

Annan are a massive 17 points ahead of Stenny and Forfar are 13 points ahead of them so you must be pretty inconsistent against the rest of the league.The points table never lies.

1 goal scored in our last 5 games show's you where the problems lie. I may need to re-think my confidence in us tbh. We are on a really poor run & in danger of letting the season go out on a damp squib. Saturday at Elgin will be telling.

O'Reilly could be the difference from the start!

Your shite and you know you are.Over inflated egos.

The last 2 years you been in league 2

You finished 8th.

4 seasons before that you were 9th ,10th,9th,9th in league 1 - you are not great shakes.

Best I can say about Stenny- nice home made soup.

Stewards are arse holes & usually the hospitality crowd are a load of vile pished up p***ks.

2 hours ago, the philosopher said:

You finished 8th.

4 seasons before that you were 9th ,10th,9th,9th in league 1 - you are not great shakes.

Stewards are arse holes & usually the hospitality crowd are a load of vile pished up p***ks.

🤣🤣 Over inflated ego's! Genius. 

You been buzzing cans of Lynx again? 

You finished 8th.

Yeah you’re right. We should all just give it up and get a Celtic season ticket. Or to hell with it, Manchester City.

You finished 8th.

[emoji38][emoji38]

• 2 weeks later...

In the preview for the game against Albion Rovers on the club website, it was mentioned that Stephen Swift has spoken to a couple of players about new contracts for next season. Ross Forbes joined on a two-year deal, Nicky Jamieson and Euan O'Reilly have signed up for next season, while apparently Sean Crighton and Nat Wedderburn have options for another year.

I'd like to think the manager has talked to Adam Corbett, Mikey Anderson, Tam Orr and Ross Lyon about next season, as well as Mikey Miller and Callum Yeats about their plans going forward (I'm sure Yeats signed a two-year deal with Queen's Park but I can't find any information online to confirm this). I'd like to see Robert Thomson stick around for another season and I'm sure he'd be back to his best with a good pre-season under his belt. Adam Brown might be worth pursuing with too.

The way the team has been playing lately, I'd offer pretty much the whole squad who haven't signed for next season, another year. Every player you could give an example of as to why they merit a contract extension.

Corbett and Wedderburn have been tremendous for us. Really hope both stay but Tam Orr should be the priority. His goals have been invaluable.