Stenhousemuir FC - The Warriors - The 2023/24 Thread

13 minutes ago, CEMSFC said:

They are on our Vimeo still but only those with access to the account can see. I could potentially look at uploading some to YouTube over the next few weeks.

Magic! Always found it strange we used Vimeo when a lot of our counterparts used YouTube. The platform wasn't very robust and the highlights were difficult to watch on a mobile device.

Start with Peterhead 0-3 Stenhousemuir, please!

12 hours ago, Francesc Fabregas said:

Magic! Always found it strange we used Vimeo when a lot of our counterparts used YouTube. The platform wasn't very robust and the highlights were difficult to watch on a mobile device.

Start with Peterhead 0-3 Stenhousemuir, please!

https://www.stenhousemuirfc.com/match/peterhead-v-stenhousemuir-fc-5/

if you just search on Google the game you’d like to see the old reports and highlights are still there 

On 08/03/2022 at 10:22, Francesc Fabregas said:

What about the 2-1 win over Ayr United in March 2011? The Big Easy with an injury-time free-kick paced right onto Michael Devlin's head to win us the game.

https://www.stenhousemuirfc.com/match/stenhousemuir-fc-v-ayr-united-2/

I might have that in better quality on a dusty hard drive. What happened to the wee metal shed I filmed this from? I noticed it was away on some of the recent highlights.

We are floundering these chances to really press home our play off credentials. It's very frustrating. The bottom line is though we won't be unlucky to miss out, the season has thus far been very up n down with a lot of inconsistency. I thought after Forfar we were looking really strong but again we have let ourselves down when the opportunity has arisen.

The point could however still be important as it's a 2pt gap but if we lose next week which we likely will at Kelty and Edinburgh beat elgin I doubt very much we turn around 5pts which was why 3 pts were so crucial today. A lot of if's & maybe's there though & plenty football to be played. The last 2 promotions were as 4th placed in quite uneventful seasons so you never know eh.

On 19/03/2022 at 20:22, Vimto90 said:

We are floundering these chances to really press home our play off credentials. It's very frustrating. The bottom line is though we won't be unlucky to miss out, the season has thus far been very up n down with a lot of inconsistency. I thought after Forfar we were looking really strong but again we have let ourselves down when the opportunity has arisen.

The point could however still be important as it's a 2pt gap but if we lose next week which we likely will at Kelty and Edinburgh beat elgin I doubt very much we turn around 5pts which was why 3 pts were so crucial today. A lot of if's & maybe's there though & plenty football to be played. The last 2 promotions were as 4th placed in quite uneventful seasons so you never know eh.

Frustrating is the right word. In our last three matches we:

• Lost a point through the concession of a 92nd-minute goal (albeit against the best side in the division)
  • Failed to beat a team who played with 10 men for 74 minutes
  • Needed a last-minute equaliser against the worst side in the SPFL who'd lost their previous six games

Although we've narrowed Edinburgh City's advantage over us to just two points, we really are failing to take advantage of the opportunities presented to us and I do worry it will cost us. I appreciate there is still a lot of football to be played between now and the end of the season but I do worry that the season could finish with a whimper. For the outlay on this group of players, I don't think that's good enough (although there are positives to take into the next season).

On 22/03/2022 at 01:50, Neilly said:

I only just noticed Jak Alnwick was sent off for St Mirren on Saturday.

Will that mean another recall for Big Peter for their next game after the international break?

Apparently this will happen again. Sore one after how good Peter has been particularly today. He's a top class keeper who is going to go on and play at a level far above this.

Great effort from the boys today I think we really deserved a point but Kelty just have that quality in them until the last stages of a game. Brilliant cross and header has done us sometimes you just hold your hands up and say that's class.

After last week though I feel that was a shot in the arm for us moving forward. Some really good performances all over the park with the backline outstanding, Wedderburn the best player on the park and a decent shift from James Lyon which we have been waiting for all season. Hopefully he can carry that forward.

Massive five games to go but all winnable. Edinburgh seem in absolute disarray as a club in general so there's plenty of hope. I still fancy us.

Edited by Neilly

Was standing with the Stenny fans behind the goal as a neutral today. Over the piece the defence looked really solid. The keeper has got some future ahead of him. Was a really good game. The Kelty boy standing in the far corner where the Away fans come in was a complete rocket, though.

Worked our socks off and deserved a point but the cross & finish were excellent so not much you can do.

Edinburgh seem in disarray & I fancy us strongly now to get 4th. More confident after this game than I was before it. We have an ok run in now I'd say.

Hello lads - blast from the (recent) past time.

Clyde have had a lad called Liam Scullion on trial as of late, playing in our recent Glasgow Cup games. He had a 6-month loan with Stenny from Hamilton, where he was part of the group that done well in the UEFA Youth League.

For some reason with my tenuous Stenny connection I seem to remember some excitement about him, although he would have been fairly young at the time - am I right or did he not turn up too well?

Either way he's a wee bit older now, so here's hoping if we give him a deal he'll do well.

Clyde have had a lad called Liam Scullion on trial as of late, playing in our recent Glasgow Cup games. He had a 6-month loan with Stenny from Hamilton, where he was part of the group that done well in the UEFA Youth League.
For some reason with my tenuous Stenny connection I seem to remember some excitement about him, although he would have been fairly young at the time - am I right or did he not turn up too well?
Either way he's a wee bit older now, so here's hoping if we give him a deal he'll do well.
He was fast & put a shift in but was a mile off the quality required when he was with us. I'd be amazed if he got a deal at a League 1 side but that said players improve so he has maybe came on. Salim Koudier-Aissa being a good example of that.

Aye, he had a bit of pace and was certainly game but just miles off it for the required level. He was too small and frail to make any real impact and would drift inconsequentially through matches (although it didn't help that we used him at wing-back at times, a position that didn't suit him). He might be a better player now than he was in 2019 but, after his short loan spell with us, I would have thought Caledonian Braves was about his standard.

Good luck to him at Clyde!

Cheers lads - as far as I know he was recently released by Fauldhouse, no idea how he ended up at Clyde on trial. Recently we've signed some absolute drivel from the LL and below to dive straight into our first team, and I was hoping that maybe this laddie was going to be a bit of a gem.

Still only 20 of course, so world-beater status is still pending (maybe)

9 hours ago, Brian Carrigan said:

You've been conned.. it's Pat Scullion :whistle

Thought the team played quite well today, just couldn't take our chances. We should've won that by 2 or 3. Thomson and Crighton both missing sitters. Still can't believe Thommo's miss at the back post, don't think he can either. 

First half tactics were poor, constant long balls being played on top of a large physical Annan side. Didn't get much success out of it, Christie's effort going over the bar being the best opportunity. Crighton was back to his rushed aimless howf, breaking up any momentum and possession we had. 

Second half performance was much better, more controlled passing through the lines and creating space and Annan offered next to nothing. Created lots of chances and stretched the game out. Crighton worked harder, even went for a run down the right wing as well as a stint up front. Much better performance from him. 

Jamieson was terrific and commanding. Anderson broke up play and was good at turning and moving the team forward. Yeats and Corbett offered plenty. 

Got to keep positive and hope Edinburgh slip up.