Stenhousemuir FC - The Warriors - The 2023/24 Thread

On 24/08/2021 at 00:13, true fan said:

Fallen to 3rd in pecking order behind Coll and Killie loanee - unlikely to play

We got a big squad  but not big number of points - can we put 2 or 3 out on loan and get a couple in? Are there people out there or is it too late? Can we pull a Simon Mensing/Willis Furtado type rabbit out of the hat? Right now I’d settle for international recording artist Nelly Furtado

When I saw this, I wasn't imagining the rabbit out the hat would be Ashley Cole. 

4 hours ago, UsedToGoToCentralPark said:
5 hours ago, Nigel Blackwell said:
When I saw this, I wasn't imagining the rabbit out the hat would be Ashley Cole. 

Why was he at Stenhousemuir the other day?

Filming a documentary with one of our community partners, Denny Warriors. 

Probably won't get a better opportunity to sign a solid keeper than that. Not sure how feasible it can be with three other keepers on the books at the minute but we can't go the full season with Marshall and expect to achieve anything.

No offence to him but he is not good enough for this level. We can't go on a run of games if we basically concede a goal from every shot on target.

31 minutes ago, Nigel Blackwell said:

Neil Parry has been released by Alloa. The answer to our goalkeeping problems? 

Swift needs to put hands up and say "I've made a mistake with our keepers" and sign Parry. Marshall is a liability we cannot afford to carry.

21 minutes ago, Neilly said:

Probably won't get a better opportunity to sign a solid keeper than that. Not sure how feasible it can be with three other keepers on the books at the minute but we can't go the full season with Marshall and expect to achieve anything.

No offence to him but he is not good enough for this level. We can't go on a run of games if we basically concede a goal from every shot on target.

Agree with all of this. Ryan Marshall just isn't good enough for League 2, David Wilson is an unknown quantity, and Graeme Smith is a long way away from match fitness. Neil Parry is better than all three of them and would immediately improve our team.

I just can't see it happening, however. Parry will be in high demand and command a good wage and unless we move one (or two?) of our goalkeepers on, we don't have the capacity for him. Also, more importantly, does Stephen Swift want to bring in another goalkeeper? It would mean admitting that he's made a mistake with another one of his summer signings. That kind of capriciousness isn't really a good look.

13 hours ago, Francesc Fabregas said:

It would mean admitting that he's made a mistake with another one of his summer signings. That kind of capriciousness isn't really a good look.

It would be the mark of a good manager to admit he had an error of judgement.  Is he going to play a liability, to the detriment of the team and club,  for the sake of his ego?  Is he prepared for loss after loss to protect his ego?

That has to be the last time we see him. Still absolutely raging at that. I can handle someone being out their depth but to be pea hearted in to the bargain is unacceptable. 

So frustrating as we were well in the game and gave a good account of ourselves but all that hard work from the outfield players is undone by that nonsense. The second goal as well I think my papa would have got down to that. A lot of positives to take outwith that, Thomson again was superb and Adam Corbett goes from strength to strength.

A win from the next two is now a necessity.

The board should have Swift in after the game and tell him in no uncertain terms it is you or him.  He was Swift's choice but if he ever plays for us again then Swift should be sacked. We have said every game he is not up to it and a liability but that today was the pits. If Swift cannot see that he is a problem then he needs to go.

5 minutes ago, mr_malcolm said:

Is this keeper you guys are on about really that bad ?

Wait until you see the highlights.  It’s what you’d see from someone who’s taking their turn in goals at 5s and wants to get back outfield.

Wasn't just the 3rd goal which was bad enough but Cardle's shot for the 2nd was like a pass back. Why was he standing in the middle of his goals with that huge gap to his left? Unbelievable. 

The whole ground - players and fans - were just so deflated when they scored the third. I think we had fallen out of things a little after a decent first half but at 2-1 we were still in it. When you think about Forbes free kick, his shot off the bar and Thomsons disallowed goal,  we made a real fist of it, bit the keeper let us down  badly. He can't play again.

Cannot be allowed to play for us again and although unethical  in the after-match interview Swift should be asked, A/ what he saw in Marshall and B/ what is he going to do with him? 

As said above at 2-1 we were still in the game, probably would have lost but it was inevitable with that clown in goals.

We had some nice touches and moves and the signs of improvement are there but we will never achieve anything with Marshall in goal.  Big decisions to be made I'm afraid. Either the board find money for a new keeper or someone decent come in on loan. Can only presume that Buzz is either finished or still a long way from a comeback.

Edited by Elric