Stenhousemuir FC - The Warriors - The 2023/24 Thread

Guest Midnight Express
20 hours ago, Francesc Fabregas said:

How about that! Midnight Express was right!

I thought he'd stay and form part of the first team for the year ahead but fair play to him. Josh Grigor has something about him and another year developing elsewhere might do him a good turn.

Even a broken clock is right twice a day 🤷‍♂️

Guest Midnight Express
18 hours ago, Neilly said:

Geared up for Clach away there Cammy. Fair play.

I think he can be a handy player from the bench in the coming season. As Chris says he has a real natural gift of finishing and being in the right areas in the box on the brief times I seen him last season. I would imagine he only commands around four Wham bars in wages as well.

Where is Tapping going Midnight Express? Enough of your wishy, washy nonsense there are at least half a dozen people browsing this forum who care about Stenhousemuir and we want answers.

Edinburgh

BJ Coll has joined the club from Forfar Athletic.
I don't think he got much of a positive write-up from Forfar fans but who knows, he could be a useful player for the Warriors.

He didn’t get a positive write up because he was absolutely honking. [emoji23]

Take a couple more boys from us if you want.

Our squad so far for the 2021/22 season:

GOALKEEPERS
Ryan Marshall (signed from BSC Glasgow)
Graeme Smith

DEFENDERS
BJ Coll (signed from Forfar Athletic)
Adam Corbett
Josh Grigor (on loan at Syngenta)
Ross Lyon (signed from BSC Glasgow)
Jamie Mills (signed from BSC Glasgow)

MIDFIELDERS
Michael Anderson (signed from BSC Glasgow)
Adam Brown (signed from Alloa Athletic)
Declan Hughes (signed from BSC Glasgow)
Callum Tapping

FORWARDS
Cammy Graham
David Hopkirk
Thomas Orr (signed from Stranraer)
Robert Thomson (signed from Alloa Athletic)

Edited by Francesc Fabregas

33 minutes ago, Francesc Fabregas said:

We've also signed a goalkeeper called Ryan Marshall from BSC Glasgow.

It was only a matter of time before the BSC bus stopped off again. 😂😂

This is ridiculous now. Understand we would sign their “best” players, but we are signing the entire squad of a middle of the road Lowland League team. If they were all up to playing at this level then they wouldn’t have been playing Lowland League. We seem to be putting a helluva lot of faith in a complete unknown. And what about our scouting system. Are we saying that all these BSC players were on the radar and identified as signing targets before Swift came along. I have the fear.

23 minutes ago, beaver1 said:

This is ridiculous now. Understand we would sign their “best” players, but we are signing the entire squad of a middle of the road Lowland League team. If they were all up to playing at this level then they wouldn’t have been playing Lowland League. We seem to be putting a helluva lot of faith in a complete unknown. And what about our scouting system. Are we saying that all these BSC players were on the radar and identified as signing targets before Swift came along. I have the fear.

If nothing else, it’s brave 

looks like 15 signed players now.

Take it Stenny will add the max loans allowed from Hibs so prob near a complete squad ?

48 minutes ago, beaver1 said:

I think you overestimate the difference in quality between the bottom 6 in Div 2 and the top 6 in the LL.

53 minutes ago, beaver1 said:

The goalkeeper Marshall has played 2 games in the last 2 years.  This has the makings of being an absolute disaster. Would have liked to have been a fly on the wall when he was getting interviewed by the board regarding his signing targets and why nobody released so far is better than LL players.  The loan players from Hibs will likely be youngsters.

Can only be a matter of time before the BSC pie hut staff arrive!

Edited by Elric

59 minutes ago, beaver1 said:

The drama of it all. Have an ice lolly and calm yourself down.

We have signed FIVE players from BSC Glasgow and I would say only three of them are starters.  There is absolutely nothing between the quality of this league and the top half dozen in the Lowland. He will have a better handle on what works at this level of football than me or you. I am genuinely amazed at the tears by the majority of our fans.

I am excited to watch different players trying to prove themselves. Do we really want another season of the same old shite trickling down to us? Ryan Blair and the likes we have had those types season after season and it has taken us absolutely nowhere. I could understand the trepidation more if we had a proven model of success but we are consistently garbage signing players we have heard of from the leagues above and around us. 

Trust the process and come back with a worthwhile opinion after the first quarter of the games. You know, after we have seen the players and can actually judge them as opposed to dismissing their quality because they come from a league below. It's football snobbery that we really aren't good enough to be dishing out. For anyone to say just now it's going to be a disaster and feelings of that ilk I find a bit disrespectful to the new manager.

Edited by Neilly

5 minutes ago, Neilly said:

The drama of it all. Have an ice lolly and calm yourself down.

We have signed FIVE players from BSC Glasgow and I would say only three of them are starters.  There is absolutely nothing between the quality of this league and the top half dozen in the Lowland. He will have a better handle on what works at this level of football than me or you. I am genuinely amazed at the tears by the majority of our fans.

I am excited to watch different players trying to prove themselves. Do we really want another season of the same old shite trickling down to us? Ryan Blair and the likes we have had those types season after season and it has taken us absolutely nowhere. I could understand the trepidation more if we had a proven model of success but we are consistently garbage signing players we have heard of from the leagues above and around us. 

Trust the process and come back with a worthwhile opinion after the first quarter of the games. You know, after we have seen the players and can actually judge them as opposed to dismissing their quality because they come from a league below. It's football snobbery that we really aren't good enough to be dishing out. For anyone to say just now it's going to be a disaster and feelings of that ilk I find a bit disrespectful to the new manager.

Manager must know what he is doing and will have explained his signing philosophy and plans in depth at his interview.  They obviously feel he is the right candidate although we do not know how many and who were interviewed.  As Neilly says we will know better after the first quarter. I think the worry comes from the fact that we are not signing the usual released dross that we think will do a job for us and seldom do. 

Just hope we are in the ground to enjoy it.

18 minutes ago, Elric said:

The goalkeeper Marshall has played 2 games in the last 2 years.

Where are you getting this from? Even going on the stats from Soccerbase (which doesn't chart the Lowland League) he's played all five of their Scottish Cup games in 2019/20.