Stenhousemuir FC - The Warriors - The 2023/24 Thread

1 hour ago, Francesc Fabregas said:

Best of luck to him. A decent-enough defender but I don't think he'll dislodge Stephen Bronsky or Darryl McHardy at the back. A solid option in reserve.

Possibly a replacement for Bronsky who has joined the Police.

1 minute ago, Thom & Gerry said:

Possibly a replacement for Bronsky who has joined the Police.

Fair play! I think he could do quite well alongside Darryl McHardy - as Neilly says, Creag Little was at his best for Stenhousemuir when paired alongside Andy Munro, an aggressive defender who talked him through matches, and he and McHardy might reprise that kind of dynamic at Borough Briggs.

Ross Lyon signing 
Was at Clyde for a couple of seasons and drifted in and out the team. He's a midfielder, neat and tidy on the ball but doesn't really offer anything. He's not a defensive midfielder and didn't create anything either.

We tried him at right back too. He started off OK but then got ripped to shreads in a few games and we never played him there again.

I have convinced myself the championship striker is one of Kris Doolan or Robert Thomson.

Invited for pre season means, come and train, play some friendlies and you might earn a contract if any use.
[emoji102]

Guest Midnight Express
36 minutes ago, the_bully_wee said:

It would appear that former Stennie hero McGuigan is East Fife-bound, if his/his relative's posts in their thread are to be believed.

Not a relative or Mr Goals but should be confirmed soon and best of luck to the big guy, good signing for the Fifers

So if rumours to be believed on here and elsewhere we have five of 'The Seven' identified:

Robert Thomson

Ross Lyon

Tam Orr

Declan Hughes

Adam Brown

The reveal of 'The Seven' has been the hottest storyline since H in Line of Duty. Two men remain to be identified.

Armand One and Alfredo Agyemang were spotted outside Tim Horton's yesterday. Make of that what you will. Could well be a swerve from the club and Daz Christie and Kris Doolan have sneaked over the wall at Ochilvie Bar side to sign their contracts.

The excitement is palpable. 

Ross Lyon was a bit of a nothing player across his two seasons at Clyde; he saw virtually no action in our promotion campaign of 2018/19, having been a squad-filling signing in September, and looked like a bit of a ringer whenever he did get a runout. When we bounced up to League One, we had serious issues in both full-back positions and, despite being a contentious retention from the previous season, he was deployed there with some success for a few games and his recovery pace stopped teams from waltzing around us. As has been said, though, that success waned after a short while and no tears were shed upon his release at the end of last season.

I'm not sure how he was used during his time in the Lowland League but I seem to recall seeing him score a number of goals, so I assumed he was utilised as a right winger, the role he was initially signed to fill for Clyde (after the comical and short-lived tenure of Eddie Ferns at Broadwood). He is fairly quick but of very slight build and didn't have a real standout attribute; just an okay player all-round. He is an honest player and a trier, however, so hopefully "Lyonheart" can do Stenhousemuir a turn.

6 minutes ago, the_bully_wee said:

Ross Lyon was a bit of a nothing player across his two seasons at Clyde; he saw virtually no action in our promotion campaign of 2018/19, having been a squad-filling signing in September, and looked like a bit of a ringer whenever he did get a runout. When we bounced up to League One, we had serious issues in both full-back positions and, despite being a contentious retention from the previous season, he was deployed there with some success for a few games and his recovery pace stopped teams from waltzing around us. As has been said, though, that success waned after a short while and no tears were shed upon his release at the end of last season.

I'm not sure how he was used during his time in the Lowland League but I seem to recall seeing him score a number of goals, so I assumed he was utilised as a right winger, the role he was initially signed to fill for Clyde (after the comical and short-lived tenure of Eddie Ferns at Broadwood). He is fairly quick but of very slight build and didn't have a real standout attribute; just an okay player all-round. He is an honest player and a trier, however, so hopefully "Lyonheart" can do Stenhousemuir a turn.

Thank you for this ringing endorsement. I understand Ross Lyon will used at right-back, with his manager believing he can become "one of the best in League 2".