Stenhousemuir FC - The Warriors - The 2023/24 Thread

No.  You claimed Cox wasn't a nice guy outside of football and should be viewed no different to Tiffoney.  This was disputed because Tiffoney has been convicted of a loathsome crime.  You used these articles as evidence to back up your claim.  If he has been convicted of these things then your assertion will hold some weight so was he convicted?
So to hold any water there must be a conviction, yet his allegation regarding tiffoney holds water straight away, is that right yea. I actually don't know regarding the first article but it backs up the point regarding alleged perfectly.

He did however bite a mans ear off but there was no cctv footage so was his word v the other guys word about who started it so neither were charged. Again word v word. Strange that eh.

28 minutes ago, Left Back said:

The BBC's match report page doesn't show Cox as having received a yellow card but Sky shows him as being booked after 29 minutes.

Yeah I was more meaning that Cox did not mention in his video last night he was booked for trying to enter the field of play during the game.

Again just highlights further all evidence needs to be gathered before a decision is made if Cox himself is missing out some details that may be important i.e. the booking taking place will hopefully mean an official (linesman) was near the incident and can confirm exactly what has happened. I understand if he was angry at the time he may have forgot these kind of details hence it will be better to get his official account in the cold light of day, the same as Tiffoney and then go from there.

8 minutes ago, beaver1 said:

You’re right. Innocent till proven guilty.

I’m sure even you will get the irony of this after last night’s events.

If you could point me to any post where I've claimed Tiffoney should be convicted without an investigation, trial or due process that would be much appreciated.

Guest Midnight Express
2 hours ago, dave_binos said:

Sorry lads/ladies, a change in subject then I'll bugger off. What happened to Andy Munro? Was checking team line-ups and noticed he was back at Forfar. End of his contract? 

He was transferred mate, Forfar paid a fee for him but never heard what the deal was. 

Quite a few ex warriors at Forfar now. 

6 hours ago, Vimto90 said:

Also not really a hard luck story. Cox has been in the papers twice since Tiffoneys charge with assaulting his ex, no turning up to court & biting a mans ear off. He's certainly no angel that's for sure.

People get tunnel vision with sex offences though & I understand it but I am very uncomfy with the all for David Cox, tiffoney witch hunt I am seeing online.

Hang on - what does Cox's past record have to do with any of this? Is it less unacceptable to goad someone about their suicide attempt if they have done dodgy things in the past or are a dirty footballer?

These things are completely irrelevant and just smack of victim blaming.

6 hours ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

What a hill to die on. One of the core elements of protected characteristics is that an individual cannot control them. 

You can't discriminate someone on the basis of the colour of their skin, their gender identity or their physical or mental health, because there's nothing that anyone can do to change or control those. 

FWIW - which in the context of this thread is absolutely nothing - there are protected characteristics that you choose, such as religion, belief and marriage.

1 hour ago, Left Back said:

The BBC's match report page doesn't show Cox as having received a yellow card but Sky shows him as being booked after 29 minutes.

It does show on the BBC's live text though.

7 hours ago, Vimto90 said:
7 hours ago, Hampden Diehard said:
Maybe time to stop posting then rather than stirring it up. You and the Camelon boy aren't coming over well.

Thanks for the kind words but am not here to come across well. Giving my views as I see it.

Anyone who says "I'm not here to..." on a football forum is taking themselves far too seriously.

If Cox was acting like an arse - when he wasn’t even playing - at the side of park and abusing and antagonising a guy for his past and then when the guy does the same to him he runs away at half time and posts a video to social media then people can draw their own conclusions. 

Edited by paddymcp

41 minutes ago, Vimto90 said:
52 minutes ago, Hampden Diehard said:
 Anyone who says "I'm not here to..." on a football forum is taking themselves far too seriously.

You're right, need to adopt the telling posters to stop posting attitude. Much less serious.

Much. I'm trying to save you from yourself.

Edited by Hampden Diehard

If Cox was acting like an arse - when he wasn’t even playing - at the side of park and abusing and antagonising a guy for his past and then when the guy does the same to him he runs away at half time and posts a video to social media then people can draw their own conclusions. 

218695409.jpg

1 hour ago, paddymcp said:

Dear, dear, wouldn’t the linesman have heard something? The opposition bench and coaching staff would have been close too. They are keeping remarkably quiet. Maybe it was crowd noise eh?

So Cox got booked for entering the pitch and allegedly abusing Tiffoney. I wonder what Tiffoney could have done to provoke that...

So Cox got booked for entering the pitch and allegedly abusing Tiffoney. I wonder what Tiffoney could have done to provoke that...
A fair point. I do also note though that the booking happened on 29 minutes yet he waited till HT to walk out.

He had 15 minutes to tell his team/managers what happened as they have said they would have walked off the park.

There are a lot of anomalies that don't add up and really the only way to get to the bottom of it is if a witness or witnesses step forward, if there are any.

Dear, dear, wouldn’t the linesman have heard something? The opposition bench and coaching staff would have been close too. They are keeping remarkably quiet. Maybe it was crowd noise eh?

The “bench” is on the opposite side of the park. COVID, you know?

2 hours ago, paddymcp said:

You sir are an arsehole

3 minutes ago, Aberdeen Cowden said:

Not everywhere, didn’t you know?

Everywhere else being irrelevant here of course. You didn't know our bench was on the other side it's no big deal but just admit so and move on.

It looks a bit petty with that reply.

26 minutes ago, Neilly said:

Everywhere else being irrelevant here of course. You didn't know our bench was on the other side it's no big deal but just admit so and move on.

It looks a bit petty with that reply.

Obviously I didn’t know but the response was silly. Just another smart arse.

Edited by Aberdeen Cowden
Typo

2 hours ago, Aberdeen Cowden said:

And that wasn't trying to be a smart arse? OK.

Come on man. Cut out the jibes and move on.