Stenhousemuir FC - The Warriors - The 2023/24 Thread

Guest bernardblack
9 minutes ago, Hursty said:

This and absolutely this.    Its embarrassing that he is the captain in the first place.  The guy is an absolute scumbag.  

He should be released/sacked in the morning IMO 

8 minutes ago, Gordon EF said:

If Tiffony has said what he's been accused of, there's only one person responsible. Him.

If Stenny investigate this and act appropriately then they've done what you'd expect from a decent "community" club.

Expect to see Tiffony at Clyde next season.

Spot on Gordon.

2 minutes ago, Hursty said:

Genuine hypothetical question - if Stenny do release him and he then signs for East Fife, and does something else Jonathan Tiffoneyish - would you still say the club had no responsibility and it was all on the player ?  I'd suggest clubs also have a responsibility as to what sort of people they employ. 

True. But that's not always an easy thing to judge. Some folk do deserve a second chance. Absolutely wouldn't be happy signing Tiffony next season though.

6 minutes ago, Gordon EF said:

True. But that's not always an easy thing to judge. Some folk do deserve a second chance. Absolutely wouldn't be happy signing Tiffony next season though.

Yeah that's a fair point - plenty absolutely do deserve a second chance.   I'll admit I'm biased having had the dubious 'pleasure' of his company a couple of times when he was at Ayr and having spoken to quite a lot of folk who have known him through football, topped off by the whole sex video stuff to confirm it.    A horrible scummy wee man and that's before today's stuff even came to light.  

Edit: I'm assuming like most lower league players he will be out of contract in a couple of weeks anyway - seems a pretty easy option for Stenny to just get rid unless they are adamant it's a false accusation and want to make a public stand in his defence 

Edited by Hursty

6 minutes ago, Karpaty Lviv said:

He was on loan at Clyde a few years ago. 

That was Scott Tiffoney - the man who's turned Partick Thistle's season round pretty much on his own. 

Think Cox made the mistake of saying Scott in his live video, it's Jonathan Tiffoney.

33 minutes ago, bernardblack said:

He should be released/sacked in the morning IMO 

Same player who was previously placed on the sex offenders register,  believe in second chances and redemption but if correct way short of that mark

If correct then Tiffoney's feet should not touch the floor on the way out. Disgusting behaviour alleged.

Also it reads from The Warriors statement as though perhaps Cox (or someone else on the AR side) has mentioned something to Tiffoney that he was unwilling to repeat on his video...."funny thing is...aw I'm no even gonna say it"... not at all relevant to whether Tiffoney is guilty or not, but worth mentioning. 

What a mess, and hopefully some of the nonsense can be picked up in the footage or through others who witnessed it. I'm sure the club will do all they can to get to the bottom of it.

2 minutes ago, Christophe said:

If correct then Tiffoney's feet should not touch the floor on the way out. Disgusting behaviour alleged.

Also it reads from The Warriors statement as though perhaps Cox (or someone else on the AR side) has mentioned something to Tiffoney that he was unwilling to repeat on his video...."funny thing is...aw I'm no even gonna say it"... not at all relevant to whether Tiffoney is guilty or not, but worth mentioning. 

What a mess, and hopefully some of the nonsense can be picked up in the footage or through others who witnessed it. I'm sure the club will do all they can to get to the bottom of it.

Fair comment and agree with your sentiment here.

When Tiffony spent a season with us he was subjected to abuse from opposition fans regarding his sex offender naming. I would have thought if any player would have been sympathetic to another who had problems it would have been him.  If he has said these despicable comments he, more than any other player, should be ashamed of himself. If he’s said these things he should suffer the consequences.

I hope someone is looking after David Cox tonight.

1 minute ago, RedintheBed said:

When Tiffony spent a season with us he was subjected to abuse from opposition fans regarding his sex offender naming. I would have thought if any player would have been sympathetic to another who had problems it would have been him.  If he has said these despicable comments he, more than any other player, should be ashamed of himself. If he’s said these things he should suffer the consequences.

I hope someone is looking after David Cox tonight.

Thankfully David has a lot of freiends around him and I am pround to include myself in that circle.

2 minutes ago, Neilly said:

Not at all but maybe if the froth is in the road of your eyes.

Not frothing at all.  I have no idea what was said by whom as I wasn’t there.

Whats wrong with issuing a statement saying an alleged incident is being investigated/referred and leave it at that.

Stenhousemuir as a club are now making allegations of their own which they’ve put into the public domain.  As I said, classy.

Bang on.

Me & others picked up on this also. The mouth frothers probably didn't

It's a tricky situation if there is no witnesses.

Two wrongs don't make a right anyhow & regardless of outcome I would imagine tiffoney will be gone. Trouble our great club don't need.

Not frothing at all.  I have no idea what was said by whom as I wasn’t there.
Whats wrong with issuing a statement saying an alleged incident is being investigated/referred and leave it at that.
Stenhousemuir as a club are now making allegations of their own which they’ve put into the public domain.  As I said, classy.
Because that's what's happened ya goon.

They have sent both allegations to the SFA. Of course they should make that public.