Stenhousemuir FC - The Warriors - The 2023/24 Thread

Good news if that's the same system and is running better, there is hope for ours yet then...

One point though, that has nothing to do with the AI aspect and all the gripes about that...

I think one of the advantages Airdrie have is that they can put the camera in their stand at a "natural TV angle", so to speak. Where we have ours placed isn't a hell of a lot better than trying to see the opposite touchline at head height. The depth that gives is virtually non existent. Is there any scope for sticking it up a bit higher to give an angled view of anything beyond the halfway line? Is it on the old TV platform atm? Is there any way to put it up higher, on one of the floodlights perhaps? Maybe on top of the Norway stand? Don't know if it needs to remain accessible on a daily basis or what, just suggestions.

We were quite limited with where we could place the system. We wanted to place it higher and further back but the floodlight (that it's on) and the net behind it would have to be removed to allow this. Not too sure why it's not higher on the floodlight mind you. 

That's not great news if the Pixellot camera is at about head height at Ochilview! I remember watching match highlights from an Edinburgh City match last season, where their camera was a similar position, and it was almost pointless because there was no depth at all. Whenever the ball to the far side of the pitch, it was very difficult to make out what was going on. I hope that's not the case with us, otherwise I'd think twice about buying the product.

(I appreciate everyone at the club will be working hard to make this a success, but even so!)

6 hours ago, Francesc Fabregas said:

That's not great news if the Pixellot camera is at about head height at Ochilview! I remember watching match highlights from an Edinburgh City match last season, where their camera was a similar position, and it was almost pointless because there was no depth at all. Whenever the ball to the far side of the pitch, it was very difficult to make out what was going on. I hope that's not the case with us, otherwise I'd think twice about buying the product.

(I appreciate everyone at the club will be working hard to make this a success, but even so!)

I exaggerate with "head height" but the depth it gives isn't good. Possibly an easy fix though if it's already rigged to a floodlight, just get it up a bit.

It hasn't been posted in this thread yet but I notice we've signed two yung jobbers from Dunfermline Athletic - Cameron Graham, who can play off the striker or on the flank, and who scored a nice goal in last weekend's win over Kelty Hearts; and Paul Brown, a midfielder.

Are they any good? Can they fire us into the top four?

Only time will tell.

35 minutes ago, beaver1 said:

McGuigan has now scored 2 goals. 2-1 at HT. Worryingly, no live stream.

Mcguigan has now scored a hat trick, in my opinion he should never be out of that team but because of issues with coach brought in from juniors he's seemingly being allowed to leave. Shambles of a decision. By all accounts the coach in question has previous. 

22 minutes ago, happyrover said:

Mcguigan has now scored a hat trick, in my opinion he should never be out of that team but because of issues with coach brought in from juniors he's seemingly being allowed to leave. Shambles of a decision. By all accounts the coach in question has previous. 

If it’s the coach why is it only McGuigan who has the issue ? 
I assume u are speaking of mcgoldrick 

Rumours of personal probs and not his best season but we did seem to bench him rather quickly. Rumours of him going elsewhere but without wanting to tempt fate not gone yet. He was on 2 year contract - this is year 2 isn’t it? He looks better than Muir from my limited viewing. I hope he stays and does well

am I right in saying we only have 3 defenders on our books? Tiffoney, Munro, little ?

i wonder how loans will work this season - more easy/ more going about, harder, fewer going about or same as ever? Hard to imagine it being easier

49 minutes ago, true fan said:

am I right in saying we only have 3 defenders on our books? Tiffoney, Munro, little ?

Signed up defensively so far we have Tiffoney, Munro, Little, Watters and Kane