Stenhousemuir FC - The Warriors - The 2023/24 Thread

16 minutes ago, Christophe said:

The lad who recommended not going to the Plough never mentioned anything about proximity

I also assumed the guy asking the question about pubs on the internet would have access to Google Maps to check the locations.

The game is merely an afterthought now.

Where will Les Cabbage go? Will he go for comfort or proximity? Will the Harrods prices at The Station affect any decision? Is he hard enough for the Ploo? Does he have the balls for a double or nothing game of billiards at the Croon?

Tune in on Sunday to find out where Les Cabbage went.

2 hours ago, Christophe said:

The lad who recommended not going to the Plough never mentioned anything about proximity

The lad attending the game didn’t sound familiar with the area and might’ve wanted somewhere closer to squeeze in that extra pre-match pint.

1 hour ago, Les Cabbage said:

It’s not that deep guys, I’ll get a pint before the game, don’t worry 

Totally 😂

Enjoy.

Edited by 8MileBU

On 27/07/2021 at 13:44, Vimto90 said:

The station is run by an absolute clown & is overpriced.

The croon (crown inn) is the place to go. 5 min from ground. On the way from the train station.

John is a good guy, that's unfair. It is overpriced. Great selection  of whisky tho. 

On 27/07/2021 at 13:44, Neilly said:

The bars are open inside the ground as well from early doors you might fancy that as you will get to see a bit more inside the club.

Croon for noon for myself. As close to a normal pub feeling you will get just now. Home of flat lager and high end pool sharks.

Is there a shop at the ground? I'm needing a scarf. 

John is a good guy, that's unfair. It is overpriced. Great selection  of whisky tho. 
In the minority with that assertion from vast majority of people I know who have had dealings with him. Will agree to disagree.

Enjoy the game.

Just now, Vimto90 said:

In the minority with that assertion from vast majority of people I know who have had dealings with him. Will agree to disagree.

Enjoy the game.

He maybe is, but he has always been fine with me. Can only judge by what you see eh. 

Cheers, you too. 

He maybe is, but he has always been fine with me. Can only judge by what you see eh. 
Cheers, you too. 
Absolutely.

You will get a scarf no bother at ground btw. If the little hut isn't open as you go through turnstile then would get one going through the door at back of stand.

Just now, Vimto90 said:

Absolutely.

You will get a scarf no bother at ground btw. If the little hut isn't open as you go through turnstile then would get one going through the door at back of stand.

Cheers. I'm still annoyed at County so keen to come along to Stenny a bit more often. If you see a loner standing with a freshly minted scarf feel free to say hello. 

After all the forum related interest I feel like I should update the thread but I had a decent wee day in Larbert, a few pints in The Crown (apologies to any offence caused to any P&B posters) pre & post-match. 

The first half was pretty dire but the 2nd was a lot livelier and it’s always great to see a red card for someone grabbing a referee by the shoulder for giving a dodgy corner.

Had never frequented a Tim Hortons before but a nice baguette was provided from there too.

All the best for the season troops.

9DF5DAAD-7558-4B2B-A5B2-71EE5E4A8E29.thumb.jpeg.2176e25922ec6487b27c2b8ab1461283.jpeg

A096D363-DC26-42C4-B623-17B1B4148E72.thumb.jpeg.9ce16251f89f48c80b96c695ffb458d4.jpeg

Comments made as we were putting our squad together worth reviewing:

when signings are made supporters with experience of watching the players are usually mixed - it’s hard to please everybody - but the fullbacks we signed seemed to be universally panned. Is this proving to be well founded?

We were told Forbes and wedderburn were both decent players at this level but they would never appear together because of lack of pace. Our game was going to be all about fullbacks bombing forwards and extremely industrious midfield. These 2 “bigger names” seem to be fixtures already. How is it going with them in same team?

First game so no need for any panic. One thing I trust from Swift's interviews is he doesn't butter it up and he will act on things. The remit is to get top 4 or at least very close and we should be there or there abouts. I am concerned about the full backs & GK & swift may come to feel the same way but they are what we have so got to try and get best out them.

Anybody know - since covid rules have been relaxed - will our next few games (including tuesday's game v dundee utd B team) be ticketed or pay at the door?

nothing on the club website

for comparison i looked at albion rovers website - clicked on saturday's fixture v stenny and its very clear there - pay at door. we haven't been so good at informing supporters

In fairness to the club the rules have just changed (although what they are is debatable) and the game is next week. Albion have the same procedure as they did against Edinburgh last weekend and gave us the details today, 3 days before the game.

I would imagine for any future home game from now on season ticket holders will be back in their seats and you can pay at the gate/buy through fanbase as necessary since there is no longer social distancing. I'm sure we will all know in plenty of time for the next league and cup games at home.

Edited by Neilly

Having recently become utterly obsessed with a YouTube upload of the 2003/04 season intro to Football Focus, I've ended up in the rabbit hole of the recommended videos below it and just came across this effort. You may all have seen it already, but I thought I'd fire it in here in any case: