Jump to content

Stenhousemuir FC - The Warriors - The 2021/22 Thread


Recommended Posts

30 minutes ago, leomessi1984 said:

Biabi in at Kelty. Any thoughts from you guys. 

Apparently Botti Biabi was in training with Greenock Morton before signing up with Kelty Hearts, so fair play on winning his signature. He was a frustrating player at Stenhousemuir - he's versatile, he's strong, he's quick across short distances and he can chip in with the odd goal here and there, but he can run the ball into cul-de-sacs, pass up easy chances and is predictable (he'll always want to take the ball onto his right foot, regardless if the space is opening up on his left). He obviously has something about him and I think his up-and-down displays at Ochilview were as much about the malaise at the club under Davie Irons as much as they were about him as a player. Like his team-mate Ryan Blair, I think he'll actually do well in a different environment.

Biabi will definitely bring something different to Kelty's attacking options but he will make you mutter: "for fuck's sake, Bots" under your breath from time to time. I hope he can do you a good turn.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, Francesc Fabregas said:

Apparently Botti Biabi was in training with Greenock Morton before signing up with Kelty Hearts, so fair play on winning his signature. He was a frustrating player at Stenhousemuir - he's versatile, he's strong, he's quick across short distances and he can chip in with the odd goal here and there, but he can run the ball into cul-de-sacs, pass up easy chances and is predictable (he'll always want to take the ball onto his right foot, regardless if the space is opening up on his left). He obviously has something about him and I think his up-and-down displays at Ochilview were as much about the malaise at the club under Davie Irons as much as they were about him as a player. Like his team-mate Ryan Blair, I think he'll actually do well in a different environment.

Biabi will definitely bring something different to Kelty's attacking options but he will make you mutter: "for f**k's sake, Bots" under your breath from time to time. I hope he can do you a good turn.

Sounds like he'll replace Easton in the "bags of ability but can be frustrating as f**k" stakes! Cheers for the feedback too 👍

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, leomessi1984 said:

Sounds like he'll replace Easton in the "bags of ability but can be frustrating as f**k" stakes! Cheers for the feedback too 👍

Biabi played against us on Tuesday night for Morton and looked a bit of a handful. He certainly looked a better option than the two puddings Morton had up front in the first-half. I reckon with the right coaching (and the right players around him) he could be a very handy addition. I was half hoping we might take a look at if him if Morton weren't interested. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Francesc Fabregas said:

Are there any highlights from yesterday's match?

I wasn't there so no highlights from us. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, latapythelegend said:

We have just appointed Jamie Swinney as our Chief Exec. I'm ready and primed to criticise every appointment FFC make at the moment but before I do, how was he at Stenny?

For my money, Jamie Swinney has been one of the best appointments Stenhousemuir have made in a long time. I'm not sure what metrics and indexes can be used to determine his success at Ochilview but I always felt the club was just "different" and "better" after he joined as CEO. Stenhousemuir seemed to be more visible, they seemed to communicate with supporters better and there seemed to be a better understanding between the good stuff the club did off the pitch and what happened on it. Even although the last three years have been mediocre from a footballing perspective, I've always felt we're in a good place off it. I know that's intangible but Jamie was a big asset to Stenny.

On top of that, he's a brilliant guy to be around - warm, friendly, welcoming, passionate, enthusiastic, hard-working and helpful. To be honest, it's a bit of a surprise a bigger club hasn't come in for him till now. I hope he's given the time and scope to make a positive impact at the Falkirk Stadium because I have no doubt he'll be a big success.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Francesc Fabregas said:

For my money, Jamie Swinney has been one of the best appointments Stenhousemuir have made in a long time. I'm not sure what metrics and indexes can be used to determine his success at Ochilview but I always felt the club was just "different" and "better" after he joined as CEO. Stenhousemuir seemed to be more visible, they seemed to communicate with supporters better and there seemed to be a better understanding between the good stuff the club did off the pitch and what happened on it. Even although the last three years have been mediocre from a footballing perspective, I've always felt we're in a good place off it. I know that's intangible but Jamie was a big asset to Stenny.

On top of that, he's a brilliant guy to be around - warm, friendly, welcoming, passionate, enthusiastic, hard-working and helpful. To be honest, it's a bit of a surprise a bigger club hasn't come in for him till now. I hope he's given the time and scope to make a positive impact at the Falkirk Stadium because I have no doubt he'll be a big success.

That's good to hear. Goes without saying that we need somebody who can improve things off the pitch. I just hope he doesn't get weighed down by the absolute shite around him at TFS.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Rinsed 6-1 by St Johnstone today if you go searching for it on the interweb.

Maybe the club can put this post on Twitter to let others know.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Did we not say in the weekly update that info on the StJohnstone game would be made available on social media? First I heard anything was from a mate that’s a saints supporter, poor show, former St Johnstone youngster Ewan Loudon with warriors goal today 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Great result. A didn't bother with the stream thankfully (looked a lot of issues) but the reports am hearing are a great second half.

The Swift era is upon us

Link to comment
Share on other sites

That was enjoyable win over Dumbarton in the League Cup this evening! Despite going down to Ross MacLean's first-half strike, a thunderbolt from Jamie Lyon and a header from Robert Thomson gave Warriors the victory in their first competitive match of the season.

The stream wasn't working properly for the first 24 minutes, with the automated camera fixed on the halfway line, so it was difficult to tell if we were good or not, but when it did start working it looked as though the Sons were the better side. They caused us bother with balls out wide and seemed to get a lot of joy from attacking Michael Anderson at right-back. I'm not sure what Anderson's natural position is (midfielder?) but any time I've seen him it's been in defence and he has not looked comfortable there; it was no surprise to see him hooked at the interval for Ross Lyon. MacLean's goal came just before the break when we failed to deal with a corner and he rifled home from 12 yards.

I thought Stenhousemuir were very good after the restart and deserved the three points. Thomson and Tam Orr looked dangerous up front (the former could have scored a hat-trick), the Lyons, Ross and Jamie, were enterprising going forward and Nat Wedderburn gave the makeshift backline a good degree of protection. Lyon's goal was excellent, curling a stunning shot into the top corner from 25 yards, and Thomson took his header well (although why the Dumbarton defender stepped away from him and gave him the space to header home, God only knows). Jamie Lyon looks like a smashing prospect and I'm looking forward to seeing more of him. Dumbarton did not play well in the second half and I can't remember any moments when we were under any real threat.

All in all, an impressive run out. I will admit I'm still a little concerned about our defence - I do think we lack a reliable partner for Sean Crichton - but these quibbles can wait for the time being.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

57 minutes ago, mr_malcolm said:

How you guys finding bj Coll?

I like him better at centre back from the limited viewing. He will start as understudy to Mills when the league starts anyway I'm pretty certain of that.

We started brilliantly tonight and should have scored in the first few minutes but Thomson hit the post after good work from James Lyon. Dumbarton took hold of the game from about 25 minutes to half time and to be honest maybe should have been 2-0 up at half time.

Swift made the change at half time that we badly needed. With Michael Anderson having a nightmare and having been booked he was replaced by Ross Lyon and the game turned from there. 

We were dominant second half and it was pretty much wave after wave of attack. Mills coming on as well gave us proper width with him and Ross Lyon bombing on at every opportunity. These two are rapid and exciting players.

James Lyon looks a proper player. Always positive with the ball and works hard off it. Dare I say it he gives me a similar feeling to the first time I seen Harry Paton, just the smell that he's going to operate at a very good level in the not too distant future. His goal was sensational.

The front two are a handful and particularly in our league should get good numbers between them. 

I think we are a centre back away from a really good side but it's going to be an enjoyable watch this season regardless.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Technically was for home fans only but it's not really enforceable and to be honest a load of absolute nonsense.

There will be Partick and St Mirren fans at our home games as well I would imagine. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...