Stenhousemuir FC - The Warriors - The 2023/24 Thread

Just now, Midnight Express said:

I would imagine a few of the youngsters will be farmed out to Sygenta? 

Makes sense to get them some game time rather than sitting on the bench or in the stand, SS has signed a fair few experienced players who I would assume start before the youngsters. 

I can't see it, to be honest. I don't think our squad will be increased to the extent where we're able to loan anyone out. If they sign on, Brown, Graham and Grigor will definitely get game time, similar to last season.

If we were to farm them out, I don't really see the benefit of sending them all the way down to the fag-end of the East of Scotland League - they've all shown signs they're capable of playing in League 2. They might do a job for BSC Glasgow, right enough, I hear they're struggling for players just now.

Guest Midnight Express
2 minutes ago, Francesc Fabregas said:

Callum Tapping signed a two-year deal when he joined the club last summer.

Yes he did.... 

14 minutes ago, Midnight Express said:

I would imagine a few of the youngsters will be farmed out to Sygenta? 

Makes sense to get them some game time rather than sitting on the bench or in the stand, SS has signed a fair few experienced players who I would assume start before the youngsters. 

We really don't have surplus youth players to speak of. Any young players on board for next season will be on the match day squad or fighting for a place in it.

Guest Midnight Express
5 minutes ago, Francesc Fabregas said:

I can't see it, to be honest. I don't think our squad will be increased to the extent where we're able to loan anyone out. If they sign on, Brown, Graham and Grigor will definitely get game time, similar to last season.

If we were to farm them out, I don't really see the benefit of sending them all the way down to the fag-end of the East of Scotland League - they've all shown signs they're capable of playing in League 2. They might do a job for BSC Glasgow, right enough, I hear they're struggling for players just now.

Good shout re BSC 👍

90 minutes anywhere is better than sitting in the stand or on the bench. 

Hopefully the youngsters can impress SS enough to get the game time they will need to progress

Why would you hope a rival teams signing has improved. Surely you want him to be as bad as he was when with Stirling A?

Of course I do, I want every Stirling signing to be unbelievable and every rival signing to be absolutely awful so we can canter the league.....however, I did say in my original comment “for your sake” I hope he is better.

How about that! Midnight Express was right!

I thought he'd stay and form part of the first team for the year ahead but fair play to him. Josh Grigor has something about him and another year developing elsewhere might do him a good turn.

14 minutes ago, Christophe said:

Well I'm all shades of wrong there! Feel Grigor has enough to offer the first team squad, but appears we will be loaning out boys to Syngenta. Very surprised at that! 

Me too! I wonder what this will mean for Brown and Graham. Both are capable of stepping up to augment the first time but both have had issues with injuries and fitness over the course of the season. Maybe they'll move to Syngenta as well.

As for Grigor, I think this could be a really good move for him. He's shown he's got something about him (and I think he works better as a screening midfielder than he does a central defender) and playing every week can only help him develop further. I'm excited for him and I hope it works out well for everyone concerned.

Me too! I wonder what this will mean for Brown and Graham. Both are capable of stepping up to augment the first time but both have had issues with injuries and fitness over the course of the season. Maybe they'll move to Syngenta as well.
As for Grigor, I think this could be a really good move for him. He's shown he's got something about him (and I think he works better as a screening midfielder than he does a central defender) and playing every week can only help him develop further. I'm excited for him and I hope it works out well for everyone concerned.
Was the fag end of the EoS league a minute ago [emoji23]

Great to see Cammy sign on again after his health scare. Didn't do anything outstanding this season for us, but he seems to have that natural knack of getting to the right place at the right time in front of goal, which isn't to be sniffed at in our level. Looking forward to seeing that develop over the next season. 

7 minutes ago, Francesc Fabregas said:

Cammy Graham has signed on and it looks like he'll be part of the first team for the next season:

Geared up for Clach away there Cammy. Fair play.

I think he can be a handy player from the bench in the coming season. As Chris says he has a real natural gift of finishing and being in the right areas in the box on the brief times I seen him last season. I would imagine he only commands around four Wham bars in wages as well.

Where is Tapping going Midnight Express? Enough of your wishy, washy nonsense there are at least half a dozen people browsing this forum who care about Stenhousemuir and we want answers.

When Stenny were relegated, I remember the Chairman saying the Club was in a very healthy financial position but this squad does seem to be a bit cheaply built so far.

Did Stenny over spend last season chasing promotion or is this just a more measured approach that maybe is a more than a season plan ?

20 hours ago, Vimto90 said:

Why would you hope a rival teams signing has improved. Surely you want him to be as bad as he was when with Stirling A?

As always will take most opposition fans opinions on ex signings with a pinch of salt.

We had signed him as a 20 year old released by Rangers, he didn't get many chances and couldn't force his way into the side. He's taken his chance at BSC, so good luck to the lad in L2, I doubt anyone at Fortbank wishes him ill.

48 minutes ago, Brazilianlex said:

When Stenny were relegated, I remember the Chairman saying the Club was in a very healthy financial position but this squad does seem to be a bit cheaply built so far.

Did Stenny over spend last season chasing promotion or is this just a more measured approach that maybe is a more than a season plan ?

We're doing very well financially. These BSC signings are your average, middle to lower end earners needed at this level. Thomson and Orr are two of the 'wish we'd got them' top end of the wage budget signings.