Stenhousemuir FC - The Warriors - The 2023/24 Thread

2 minutes ago, beaver1 said:

Don’t think we’ve signed mills, at least not yet.

I hadn’t realised Christie was at BSC aswell. BSC finished in what position in the Lowland League?

We came 4th on PPG, second straight year. Generally it’s been ourselves, Kelty, EK & Bonnyrigg a step ahead of the rest - having said that, we might well take a step back next season after this.

Christie was a revelation for us. Shame that this hasn’t happened for him at an earlier point in his career.

Just now, beaver1 said:

Don’t think we’ve signed mills, at least not yet.

I hadn’t realised Christie was at BSC aswell. BSC finished in what position in the Lowland League?

Jamie Mills is one of the five BSC Glasgow players we've agreed terms with (Lewis Bell is apparently the fifth, if you believe other posts in this thread). They'll probably announced later today, maybe at 5pm or 7pm. It's an unimaginative way to recruit players but I don't think we've got a lot of money to spend this time around and have to be "creative" with it.

Daz Christie is a Pollok player but he was on loan at Annan Athletic at the tail end of last season. He scored against Stenhousemuir in the 5-1 rout at Galabank last month.

BSC Glasgow finished in fourth place of this year's Lowland League before the shutdown. Stephen Swift never quite had them competing for a title but they always seemed to finish at the right end of the table, despite the lack of finance relative to the teams around them.

2 hours ago, Born To Run said:

Of the boys you’ve picked up from us, I’d say Dec is the pick of the bunch. Sits in centre midfield doing the simple things really well, takes a good set piece. He’s a huge loss for us.

Wee Mikey is more of an attacking mid, gives you all the effort & endeavour in the world. Probably needs to kick on a wee bit but has every chance to do so. 

Lyon & Mills are very much attacking full backs that rely on recovery pace when getting back. Best going forward - Lyon scored a fair few goals early on last season when used as an inside forward before we brought in Jamie Glasgow & Daz Christie.

Thanks for this - bit difficult to find info on these players elsewhere. 

What position is Lewis Bell?

14 minutes ago, STENNY ROB said:

Thanks for this - bit difficult to find info on these players elsewhere. 

What position is Lewis Bell?

He’s a centre half (can cover at full back), though he might not be headed your way. Nothing confirmed.

Edited by Born To Run

Guest Midnight Express
2 hours ago, Born To Run said:

Of the boys you’ve picked up from us, I’d say Dec is the pick of the bunch. Sits in centre midfield doing the simple things really well, takes a good set piece. He’s a huge loss for us.

Wee Mikey is more of an attacking mid, gives you all the effort & endeavour in the world. Probably needs to kick on a wee bit but has every chance to do so. 

Lyon & Mills are very much attacking full backs that rely on recovery pace when getting back. Best going forward - Lyon scored a fair few goals early on last season when used as an inside forward before we brought in Jamie Glasgow & Daz Christie.

Thanks for the info on the new signings 👍

Who would be his likely choice of captain from the the BSC boys? 

2 minutes ago, beaver1 said:

Alan Docherty has signed for Linlithgow where Bomber is the manager

Fair play. I thought he might have been worth pursuing but I think he was injured when Stephen Swift came in so it was probably an easy decision not to take him up on a permanent basis.

I wonder when the remainder of our summer signings will be announced. Later this week? Or will be have another underwhelming bonanza on Saturday and Sunday?

Really still does not excuse what was apparently said.
Of course it doesn't! But sadly there were a couple of Stenny posters on here the night it happened spouting that pitiful line.