Stenhousemuir FC - The Warriors - The 2023/24 Thread

1 minute ago, Vimto90 said:
4 minutes ago, The Minertaur said:
Well considering the fact he's retired....

We shall see. I wish he would as he is an animal but he shouldn't need to due to this scenario & I suspect he will turn up somewhere.

If he really is that much of an animal the only place he'll fit in is alongside Tiffoney at Clyde.  I suspect you're over dramatising his conduct o the football filed though as another deflection tactic.

Tiff response

Tiff refuting the allegations. Makes a key point about the linesman who would surely have heard what has went on between both and could prove a key witness.

This one will rumble on for a while but it is only right that he gets a chance to put across his side and isn't just sacked on the spot without investigation as the masses have demanded on the back of one man's version of events. There was certainly no mention by Cox of him being booked for entering pitch that I can recall. 

Edited by Neilly

If he really is that much of an animal the only place he'll fit in is alongside Tiffoney at Clyde.  I suspect you're over dramatising his conduct o the football filed though as another deflection tactic.
An opinion I have always held of him since I first encountered him playing against my team. He is a dangerous player & person. That has nothing to do with what's happened though.

18 minutes ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

When Cox finally left Cowdenbeath even his most loyal defenders there had to admit he was a liability to their club. To get another chance with ARFC should have been appreciated but sitting in a car wearing the ARFC strip with their club badge in full sight and making reference to braking someone’s legs doesn’t reflect the respect he should have for his club, teammates and fans. I’ve no idea if he’s been part of Rovers recent resurgence but I'd be surprised if he’s asked back next season.

As for the other guy, if proven guilty, thrashing the soles of his feet with a bamboo cane seems an adequate punishment.

Seems a bit weird to start off your post with a character assassination of the victim before moving on to discussing the actual incident at hand.

8 minutes ago, Neilly said:

Tiff response

Tiff refuting the allegations. Makes a key point about the linesman who would surely have heard what has went on between both and could prove a key witness.

This one will rumble on for a while but it is only right that he gets a chance to put across his side and isn't just sacked on the spot without investigation as the masses have demanded on the back of one man's version of events. There was certainly no mention by Cox of him being booked for entering pitch that I can recall. 

See his taking a "leave of abscence". Is he under contract for next season? If not then his leave seems a bit redundant if his contract is up in a couple of weeks anyway.

Again. So you are suggesting Cox could be making all this up?
Tiffoney has released a statement denying it so as it stands it's alleged. Do you understand that yes?

One mans word doesn't make it so, just like tiffoney's denial doesn't make it false

Simple stuff really.

1 minute ago, Sweet Pete said:

See his taking a "leave of abscence". Is he under contract for next season? If not then his leave seems a bit redundant if his contract is up in a couple of weeks anyway.

I don't think he is under contract for next season but whether he has a week left or two years I don't see the relevance. He would surely have to take a leave of abscence in this case so a full independent enquiry can take place?

I don't know the legal side of thing but would assume this is just normal practise.

Just now, Neilly said:

I don't think he is under contract for next season but whether he has a week left or two years I don't see the relevance. He would surely have to take a leave of abscence in this case so a full independent enquiry can take place?

I don't know the legal side of thing but would assume this is just normal practise.

I just feel it's not really a leave if he's no longer employed by the club anyway. Not really a big issue as it's mostly a moot point anyway.

I just feel it's not really a leave if he's no longer employed by the club anyway. Not really a big issue as it's mostly a moot point anyway.
He is employed though. We have a game left. As Neilly says irrelevant how long his contract is.

Tiffoney has released a statement denying it so as it stands it's alleged. Do you understand that yes?

One mans word doesn't make it so, just like tiffoney's denial doesn't make it false

Simple stuff really.

And you believe Tiffoney. For what reason could he be making such an allegation up?

5 minutes ago, Vimto90 said:

Simple stuff really.

There’s absolutely no way you’d be coming out with this pish if you weren’t a Stenhousemuir fan.

You’ll pretend you’re just being impartial but you’re intentionally muddying the waters, all because the accused plays for the football team you happen to support. Embarrassing.

2 minutes ago, Vimto90 said:
3 minutes ago, Sweet Pete said:

He is employed though. We have a game left. As Neilly says irrelevant how long his contract is.

He won't be if the investigation takes a while. Like I said, not a massive issue, just struck me as slightly redundant.

There’s absolutely no way you’d be coming out with this pish if you weren’t a Stenhousemuir fan.
You’ll pretend you’re just being impartial but you’re intentionally muddying the waters, all because the accused plays for the football team you happen to support. Embarrassing.
Tbf I don't even think it's that. The guy quite clearly dislikes Cox and it's coming across more that he doesn't want to believe him rather than because it's against a Stenny player.

I 100% would regardless of team.

Human beings baying for blood based on one mans allegation is mind blowing. I don't believe one or the other.

"Why would he make it up and retire" wouldn't wash in court but it appears that is the stance everyone is taking, again mind blowing.

It needs investigated, it's getting investigated & hopefully the truth comes out.

7 minutes ago, eez-eh said:

As you said "the accused", not "the guilty".

Vimto's overriding message seems pretty clear to me. Let the enquiry do it's thing and deliver the correct decision after they have all the facts at their disposal. 

Where anywhere else in this country would you just make someone guilty because one inidvidual made allegations? 

I struggle to see how people can't understand this has to go through the proper channels.

1 minute ago, Neilly said:

As you said "the accused", not "the guilty".

Vimto's overriding message seems pretty clear to me. Let the enquiry do it's thing and deliver the correct decision after they have all the facts at their disposal. 

Where anywhere else in this country would you just make someone guilty because one inidvidual made allegations? 

I struggle to see how people can't understand this has to go through the proper channels.

I never said otherwise.

It’s the overall tone of the way he’s putting it across that doesn’t sit well, almost trying to belittle the accusations.

The whole situation is an utter mess. As with so many legal situations/hate crime remarks there is almost an unwinnable battle in terms of balancing both the victims interests/believing them and giving the accused the right to presumption of innocence. It's tough to battle that dilemma and I always struggle with it.

For what it's worth I don't doubt that Tiffoney likely said this, I also don't doubt that there was something which likely caused Tiffoney to say this and it can be inferred that he was being abused for his past misdemeanours. 

Cox should never have to deal with that comment, a truly heinous comment for anyone to make but given Cox's own struggles with mental health issues you would hope he has not initiated this with references to Tiffoney's past. I'm not equating them as equal but it certainly isn't good form if true. Caroline Flack took her own life after she was in court for I believe a domestic abuse case she had committed and there was a pile on to her on social media. The way people have been barraging Tiffoney online really hasn't sat right with me and the sex offender past thrown at him over and over with most comments on the issue. 

Dealing with horrific abuse with less serious abuse towards the accused just makes no sense to me and I don't believe a pile on to someone is the correct way to deal with someone who has committed a wrong. 

There should be an investigation and if it's concluded that Tiffoney said this then he should be shown the door. Likewise if Cox (an advocate of mental health improvements in society) has been winding someone up using their past misdemeanours he should be reprimanded (not as seriously) and told that is not on. 

Edited by ScottishZizou