Stenhousemuir FC - The Warriors - The 2023/24 Thread

1 hour ago, Francesc Fabregas said:

I find it hard to believe Davie Irons blaming Alan Cook for both of Brechin City's goals (if the manager was looking to point the finger, he should have done it at his new centre-back) but he definitely was at fault both times at Queen's Park - regardless of whether or not he's being fielded out of position, he should never have been sucked into the middle towards the ball like that and leave his flank completely exposed. Nevertheless, I would have preferred him to stay at Ochilview. 

if cookys that fragile, lets see how he gets on under McNally or a dick Campbell gaffer.  

1 hour ago, Brazilianlex said:

Any chance of the terracing being open on Saturday ? I see stenny have resorted to bringing back the screaming brats 

I’m not going to sit beside that racket.

Apologies for trying to grow a support ya auld bas. I hope you go and they rattle a drum off your skull for 90 minutes.

There's yer Gary Harkins touched down at Ochilview. We are loaded IMO.

Edited by Neilly

Gary Harkins? Wouldn't have been the kind of player I'd have gone in for - he's obviously a tremendous talent and probably the most gifted at this level, but is he fit enough? And is he interested in jobbing at the bottom of League 2?

I'm not convinced but I'm very happy to be proven wrong.

Welcome aboard!

Just now, Francesc Fabregas said:

Gary Harkins? Wouldn't have been the kind of player I'd have gone in for - he's obviously a tremendous talent and probably the most gifted at this level, but is he fit enough? And is he interested in jobbing at the bottom of League 2?

Welcome aboard!

I think he will be a great signing at this level - he strolled it when we played Thistle this season, and Queen of the South, last, but, surely it is our defence that is the biggest problem. A centre half maybe??? 

Welcome aboard!

He'll be perfectly fine in League 2.

Good signing.

I'm just always suspicious of players, particularly ones who have never been known for their effort and application, dropping from a decent, full-time level to the bottom of League 2.

Aye. As long as you don't have a few of them in the team it'll be fine.

Noticed it with McCord, outstanding in League 2.

League 1 he came on and done great when things were going well, man down when they weren't.

Championship though, can't even imagine him trying to keep up with the pace of the game he would be absolutely miles off it.

1 hour ago, Francesc Fabregas said:

I'm just always suspicious of players, particularly ones who have never been known for their effort and application, dropping from a decent, full-time level to the bottom of League 2.

Meet your next manager !

Would be interested to know how much involvement Irons had in this.