Stenhousemuir FC - The Warriors - The 2023/24 Thread

Hopefully Saturday can be the catalyst for Marky to get back to his old self.

He's had a poor season I think he will know that but would be gutted to see him go anywhere else. Even when he's been rank rotten he still gives it everything and probably to the point he was trying too hard.

If him and Spence can strike up a partnership then anything could happen between now and end of the season particularly with those above us, outwith the top two, being dug meat as well just slightly less dug meat than we have been this season.

16 hours ago, wulliemc said:

Any reason why?

Someone else (Moonglum, probably) will be more ITK than me but Marsh and Davie Irons fell out early on at training over an apparent misunderstanding. They patched things up but the relationship appears to have deteriorated since then. With Bob Wilson having joined the club in the past fortnight, Marsh's game time will be even more limited.

Would do a solid job for most sides at this level but I can understand his reluctance to move elsewhere.

That about sums it up, although the fall out was at the Penicuik game, and the fact that he had a two match ban for the stamp on the Cowden player.  Sitting on a contract at the moment, and if I were in his shoes,  would not move unless there was an exceptional offer from another club or a satisfactory payout from SFC.  Sad thing is I rate him more defensively than Munro and he is not as gung ho as Munro and can also do a job as a defensive midfielder. I think that Irons does not fancy the two of them in the heart of defence and will standby his captain first and foremost.

Edited by Moonglum25

2 hours ago, Moonglum25 said:

That about sums it up, although the fall out was at the Penicuik game, and the fact that he had a two match ban for the stamp on the Cowden player.  Sitting on a contract at the moment, and if I were in his shoes,  would not move unless there was an exceptional offer from another club or a satisfactory payout from SFC.  Sad thing is I rate him more defensively than Munro and he is not as gung ho as Munro and can also do a job as a defensive midfielder. I think that Irons does not fancy the two of them in the heart of defence and will standby his captain first and foremost.

Sounds very familiar ! Fall out with manager then get a pay off or let go to get a signing on fee elsewhere. He hasn’t done too bad so far.

He was hot and cold but still probably the most popular player among the fans over the last couple of seasons, I will be sorry to see him go. He obviously wanted to go though so we can only wish him all the best at Peterhead. I know he turned down a move there for a lot more money before he came back here so McInally obviously a big fan of his.

Hopefully this new French winger will do us a turn.

Yeah, sorry to see him go. Alan Cook was a very useful player for us over his two spells with Stenhousemuir - he was fast, direct, could whip in a great cross and chip in with the odd goal. However, as with most wingers at this level, he was inconsistent and would often find himself in decent positions only to shank his crosses right out of play. As Moonglum says, he could sometimes be reckless and do daft things,

I wish him well!

Cooky was hot and cold but still probably the most popular player among the fans over the last few seasons, I will be sorry to see him go. He obviously wanted to go though so we can only wish him all the best up at Peterhead. I know he turned down a move there for a lot more money before he came back here so McInally obviously a huge fan of his.
Hopefully this new French winger will do us a good turn.