Stenhousemuir FC - The Warriors - The 2023/24 Thread

3 minutes ago, Neilly said:

An excellent statement from Cowden now on their website quite rightly calling us out and putting the boot in.

Donald wont mix his words pmsl.

Just give us 8 grand and we can just put this behind us..

cheers.

Harvey Swann

Posted June 7, 2019

Supporters and others may be aware of an assertion by Stenhousemuir FC that appeared to suggest the signing of Harvey Swann. This was prominently displayed by the Club on its website followed by an assertion that it had decided not to continue with the signing because of the amount of compensation being claimed by Cowdenbeath FC. Neither of these claims were accurate.

Harvey was our player and was not in a position to sign for another Club. He has been offered a new contract and if he decided to go elsewhere then Cowdenbeath will be entitled to a measure of compensation but NO discussions had taken place between Cowdenbeath and Stenhousemuir.

Chairman Donald Findlay commented, “I am deeply unimpressed by the actions of Stenhousemuir FC. This not how we do business and I have made my views known to their Chairman who apologised. However, I am more concerned about the impact of all of this on Harvey. The welfare of all our staff is of paramount importance. I am very sorry if this has proved to be upsetting for him and we will do what we can for him. That said the blame will lie at the door of Stenhousemuir not us”.

Hopefully they'll be relegated to the non-leagues at the end of a season, a club that offers nothing to the SPFL.

8 minutes ago, CEMSFC said:

Friendlies against East Kilbride and St Mirren announced

Just gently sweeping the Swann fiasco under the carpet there.

Media team toeing the party line.

Cowden are entitled to compensation. They are wrong to say Swann wasn’t in a position to sign for another team, that’s total b.s, he’s still under complete freedom to move under freedom of contract.

Stenny were absolutely stupid to announce the signing before compensation has been agreed, all this should have gone on behind closed doors.

What level of compensation cowden are entitled to will be up for debate like it is for every player when this happens, it isn’t too much of a surprise to see clubs dispute the amount. If what cowden have asked for is truly excessive then they should be willing to take it to a tribunal, to pull out of the deal suggests they aren’t that confident that they amount cowden are asking for will be considered excessive by an independent body.

Swann has a couple of options here. Sign for cowden, try find another club who will offer him a better deal(game time, future development, wage etc) and pay cowden compensation or sign elsewhere as an amateur, sacrificing any wage but maybe opening up better opportunities for the future.

38 minutes ago, Muzza81 said:

Where is the_bully_wee QC for his input into proceedings? He seems to have all the inside info.

Not only am I delighted to announce that I have arrived to deliver my much-awaited verdict, but also that I am a far less morally reprehensible QC than your chairman. In any case, the lack of a verdict before now was due to a lack of available information, as you will know Murray.

In the absence of any cold, hard evidence this hasn't been the easiest case to arbitrate, however the DAMNING removal of Stenhousemuir's statement allied to the DAMNING assertions within Cowdenbeath's make it hard to cogently defend Stenhousemuir Football Club here. It is obvious, to me, that the chump(s) responsible for the phantom signing of Harvey Swann were all entirely unaware of regulations pertaining to the signing of under-24 players on free transfers. That in itself would be DAMNING, however in the circumstances this heinous oversight is made even worse by Stenhousemuir's botched attempts to deflect the blame on to Cowdenbeath Football Club. In addition, the victim, Harvey Swann's Bollan-enforced damnation to a possible purgatory of being on Cowdenbeath's bench until the age of 24 only serves to exacerbate Stenhousemuir's wrongdoing. 

With all this taken into account, it is with great regret that I must announce that Stenhousemuir Football Club is hereby completely tinpot, and I sentence them to a galling cancellation (suspended for a month, and pending the due grovelling apologies to their fans, Cowdenbeath Football Club and Harvey Swann himself).

Edited by the_bully_wee

5 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

Cowden are entitled to compensation. They are wrong to say Swann wasn’t in a position to sign for another team, that’s total b.s, he’s still under complete freedom to move under freedom of contract.

Stenny were absolutely stupid to announce the signing before compensation has been agreed, all this should have gone on behind closed doors.

What level of compensation cowden are entitled to will be up for debate like it is for every player when this happens, it isn’t too much of a surprise to see clubs dispute the amount. If what cowden have asked for is truly excessive then they should be willing to take it to a tribunal, to pull out of the deal suggests they aren’t that confident that they amount cowden are asking for will be considered excessive by an independent body.

Swann has a couple of options here. Sign for cowden, try find another club who will offer him a better deal(game time, future development, wage etc) and pay cowden compensation or sign elsewhere as an amateur, sacrificing any wage but maybe opening up better opportunities for the future.

He is still contracted to CFC until this weekend 

5 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

Swann was/is still under contact at Cowdenbeath. I think that is the point we are making.

14 hours ago, Christophe said:

I'll just wait here for you to furnish me with these contract details he's currently under then, shall I?... 

Perhaps your rather inept board of directors should have asked to see  before attempting to sign a player  is under contract until this weekend, 

55 minutes ago, Blue Oktober said:

Muzz exactly that a point a factual  people seem to be ignoring .

Aye that's one major thing which has been over looked. He is still under contract and was under contract when he "signed'' on at Yokelview.  They shouldn't have been speaking to a contracted player without permission and if anything he should have been announced as being a pre contract.

Edited by cowdenbeath

26 minutes ago, cowdenbeath said:

Aye that's one major thing which has been over looked. He is still under contract and was under contract when he "signed'' on at Yokelview.  They shouldn't have been speaking to a contracted player without permission and if anything he should have been announced as being a pre contract.

Spot on

the rules state they can speak to a player who is in the last 6 months of his contract but they must inform the players Club they intend to speak to him. 

1 hour ago, Blue Oktober said:

Perhaps your rather inept board of directors should have asked to see  before attempting to sign a player  is under contract until this weekend, 

Absolutely, was already saying that on here before the mouth breathing, foaming at the mouth Fifers turned up...

As a response to my comment that Swann will be going back to a club he is no longer  contracted to...not quite as adequate a response given he’s not contracted through the next competitive games...

...so I trust you’ll now address my original point, do you even remember what is was  or are you trapped in a perma-rage by now? Happy to remind you if it helps? 

Just now, Christophe said:

Don’t mix up the compensation issue with entitlement to talk to the player, he was absolutely fair game to be approached by anyone...your club is in the right here on the original point yet you’re trying to invent breaches out of nothing....

...you’d do well to just hold the high ground that you already have instead of opening your mouth and removing all doubt that you are in fact a moron with as much concept of the rules involving the transfer of this player as our inept board

As  pointed out by Brazilianlex clubs can speak to a player during the last 6 months of his contract if they ask his clubs permission to do so, going by the CFC statement it appears that they didn't in this case.

7 minutes ago, cowdenbeath said:

As  pointed out by Brazilianlex clubs can speak to a player during the last 6 months of his contract if they ask his clubs permission to do so, going by the CFC statement it appears that they didn't in this case.

I hadn’t yet read the Cowden statement and if that is the case then it’s a further disgrace upon the board and probably even ventures into punishment territory for us...I’ll withdraw that point until that is clarified...

as for the other point we were discussing....nothing from you on that? 

Edited by Christophe

I hadn’t yet read the Cowden statement and if that is the case then it’s a further disgrace upon the board and probably even ventures into punishment territory for us...I’ll withdraw that point until that is clarified...
as for the other point we were discussing....nothing from you on that? 

It isn’t ask permission, it’s that you need to inform the players current club.

It’s been a decade since but when we failed to tell airdrie that we were signing cardle and mcdougal from the before contracts had been signed there wasn’t any punishment, just censured.

It’s a relatively minor issue, much different to tapping up.