Stenhousemuir FC - The Warriors - The 2023/24 Thread

A general sale was supposed to commence on Thursday as per email from our club today. The tickets on sale just now should only be for season ticket holders buying addtional tickets and other associated branches of home fans (Warriors Abroad etc.)
I think there has been a bit of an error here either by our club (most likely) or Stirling Albion posting this information to their Twitter when they shouldn't have.

The information that 100 tickets were on sale to Albion fans came from social media. From Facebook it would appear that a number of Albion fans including myself have bought tickets for the game.

There has been no official release for Stirling Albion fans on social media.

Posts they "may" get up to 100 tickets and that they were awaiting official confirmation from us have clearly been undermined by going ahead and releasing details they shouldn't have.

Won't matter now as whoever has purchased tickets will have them but this has been poorly handled by both clubs from the outside looking in.

Managed to grab a couple of tickets on the fanbase app although the social media output suggests they won’t be on sale until Thursday so I’m not sure what’s going on there.

I do hope they’re not oversold and we do get in.

Looking forward to coming along and ticking another ground off, 31/42 for me, been recommended a pint in The Plough pre-match.

Come on the Warriors!

Edited by Les Cabbage

A Stirling Albion fan posted on the SA fans' facebook page at 10pm Monday that they were on sale on Fanbase. First come, first served.  People started buying them immediately.  No idea how that person knew they were there, perhaps a regular Fanbase user.  Two hours later SAFC twitter also pointed out tickets were on Fanbase.  Main issue is why tickets were made available for sale if they're not meant to be released until Thursday?

I am surprised there's tickets still available right now if the limit is meant to be 100, I hope whoever is responsible remembered to put the limit on.

There is no limit of 100. At this point in time our club don't know if it's home, away or neutral supporters buying them when in essence it should be a priority sale for us.

Tinpot stuff.

6 minutes ago, Neilly said:

There is no limit of 100. At this point in time our club don't know if it's home, away or neutral supporters buying them when in essence it should be a priority sale for us.

Tinpot stuff.

Ah ok, the penny drops.  As it's a terracing ticket with "no access to the Norway stand", I had assumed (wrongly) it was intended for away fans.  So it's actually the tickets intended for home fans on priority and instead it's turned into a free for all. 

Where were home fans situated for the League Cup games?

11 minutes ago, Neilly said:

Tinpot stuff.

Stenny/Fanbase have messed up quite clearly. Lack of communication. But if I were Stenny, I'd be absolutely fuming at our so called "Supporters Liaison Officer", who promoted the sale of the tickets last night, despite not having any confirmation for Stenny. The guy has had a nightmare the last couple of weeks.

Ah ok, the penny drops.  As it's a terracing ticket with "no access to the Norway stand", I had assumed (wrongly) it was intended for away fans.  So it's actually the tickets intended for home fans on priority and instead it's turned into a free for all. 
Vast majority were in stand. A handful on terracing. Both open to home fans though.

5 minutes ago, BinoBalls said:

Essentially that is it. For what should be a priority until Thursday for home fans is now a free for all.

Where we are situated is irrelevant in all of this also. There will be home fans in stand and terracing it's more the way this has been handled has been shambolic.

6 minutes ago, DCismyhero said:

Stenny/Fanbase have messed up quite clearly. Lack of communication. But if I were Stenny, I'd be absolutely fuming at our so called "Supporters Liaison Officer", who promoted the sale of the tickets last night, despite not having any confirmation for Stenny. The guy has had a nightmare the last couple of weeks.

Yes, John Daly has clearly undermined our club but by the same token we have put tickets on a public platform for a priority sale.

The right cheek doesn't know what the left is doing sadly.

14 minutes ago, Neilly said:

Yes, John Daly has clearly undermined our club but by the same token we have put tickets on a public platform for a priority sale.

The right cheek doesn't know what the left is doing sadly.

The silence from him is now deafening.

1 hour ago, Les Cabbage said:

Managed to grab a couple of tickets on the fanbase app although the social media output suggests they won’t be on sale until Thursday so I’m not sure what’s going on there.

I do hope they’re not oversold and we do get in.

Looking forward to coming along and ticking another ground off, 31/42 for me, been recommended a pint in The Plough pre-match.

Come on the Warriors!

Better off drinking in The Station and walking from there rather than The Plough I'd say.

19 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

Better off drinking in The Station and walking from there rather than The Plough I'd say.

Cool - recommendation was from someone local with no knowledge about football so I’ll possibly take your advice on that.

The bars are open inside the ground as well from early doors you might fancy that as you will get to see a bit more inside the club.

Croon for noon for myself. As close to a normal pub feeling you will get just now. Home of flat lager and high end pool sharks.

2 hours ago, The Moonster said:

"The Croon for Noon" was always my policy going to Larbert, nae idea if the Crown Inn is still there though. 

2 hours ago, Neilly said:

The bars are open inside the ground as well from early doors you might fancy that as you will get to see a bit more inside the club.

Croon for noon for myself. As close to a normal pub feeling you will get just now. Home of flat lager and high end pool sharks.

2 hours ago, Vimto90 said:

The station is run by an absolute clown & is overpriced.

The croon (crown inn) is the place to go. 5 min from ground. On the way from the train station.

Cheers lads, appreciated 🍻